It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loud Noise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have been having a recurring pre-sleep occurance, it has also occurred during sleep, and is profound when it happens.

I am somewhere between asleep and still slightly awake and I hear a very loud crisp explosion like sound. It shakes me to the core, I wake/sit up, and nothing, I asked my husband the first time it happened didn't he hear it, he didn't, and I got up and looked outside, turned the news on, I was sure that something just happened, maybe it is because I have been following earthquake news but that was the first thing that came to mind, I have read so much about people hearing a loud clap or explosion like sound before a quake.

So it has happened 3 times now while I am in a pre sleep mode, but it is also happening in my dreams, and it interupts the 'story' in my dreams, and I find I am running around trying to find the source of the sound in my dream too.

While looking up dream interpretations about this, which I am just not too sure of anyway because they vary so much, I came across this from the bible:

from Acts 2:3

At that time there were devout Jews from every nation living in Jerusalem. 6 When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken

They stood there amazed and perplexed. “What can this mean?” they asked each other. 'These people are just drunk'

Listen carefully, all of you, fellow Jews and residents of Jerusalem! Make no mistake about this. 15 These people are not drunk, as some of you are assuming. Nine o’clock in the morning is much too early for that. 16 No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel:

Listen carefully, all of you, fellow Jews and residents of Jerusalem! Make no mistake about this. 15 These people are not drunk, as some of you are assuming. Nine o’clock in the morning is much too early for that. 16 No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘In the last days,’ God says,

‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.

Your sons and daughters will prophesy.

Your young men will see visions,

and your old men will dream dreams.

18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit

even on my servants—men and women alike—

and they will prophesy.

19 And I will cause wonders in the heavens above

and signs on the earth below—

Anyway, I just wonder if any of you out there have been experiencing anything like this, it feels profound to me, like I am supposed to tell of it, IDK it is hard to put into words, but I feel as though it is a warning.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I get stuff like that it's terrible.

I think it's medically, Auditory Hallucination, there actually not all that uncommon pre-sleep, and doesn't mean your crazy! You can also have Visual hallucinations pre-sleep.

The auditory is the worst, I always here, like scream music and stuff, all very inaudible but it turns into music, from my brain trying to find order in it.

Drives me up the wall I swear, I'm seriously considering Ambien, or anything to help me sleep at night.

As for a loud boom... no idea.

Must make for a great night though, just before you go to sleep a loud 'crack'. Then you sit there, thinking, 'well i'm awake now'.

Good luck, i'll check back maybe someone else experiences this too.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The noises that you are hearing must be the US govt. US govt has mind control technology and it can read and manipulate a person's mind from the satellite. The voices that you are hearing are from US govt mind control

Please see this thread on US govt mind control
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's called exploding head syndrome, and it's fairly common.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Are you sure you're not just hearing yourself snore?

It's okay, I do it too! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
It's called exploding head syndrome, and it's fairly common.

After reading that page, it's still an unkown issue. The right-up even makes the use of that word several times - unknown.

Putting a lable to something doesn''t explain it, it just gives it a name.

Not saying this at you Liquid, just saying

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wow, now I know why I keep reading ATS. Interesting. Never heard of this before. Sometimes, maybe one time a month, I will hear a loud noise just as I am falling asleep, like a hammer hitting the chest of drawers. I just disregard. I put it in the same category as that "jerk" you get when you are going to sleep that helps you relax. Maybe the noise relaxes the brain, while the jerk relaxes the body. Pretty neat bodies, no?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

True, but the fact that it's been successfully controlled with medication in some cases shows that it's not paranormal in nature.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Oh My God. Are you serious? I never heard of this before, and there it is, in black and white. The description is exact. Thank you so much, this helps, knowing that I am not alone and that it is a known syndrome and harmless.

Although one does still have to wonder if this syndrome could be connected to any phophesy......

edit to add: because it is still of unknown cause, no explaination really as to why or the source of it, and it does feel profound, like you are meant to understand something from it, I am still kinda perplexed about it.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EYE SEE

LOL! I have done that too! Being a third shifter I have been at work and on the computer and fallen asleep, until I hear myself snore!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
True, but the fact that it's been successfully controlled with medication in some cases shows that it's not paranormal in nature.

Being controlled with meds doesn't necessarily dictate that it is not paranormal, just that meds can shut down a receptive part of the brain.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The mention of patients feeling panicked afterwards, and possibly seeing lights, is not really an accurate description. It is not panic, it is wondering how you could hear something that loud, and there not be anything at all going on around you to have caused it. I don't know what to name that, but it is not panic. Also the 'flashes of light', that is not an accurate description either. I did see lights, I didn't mention that in my original post, I wanted to focus more on the sound as it related to the bible verse, but, the lights were lines, like the lines when a channel goes out on the TV, lines that are rolling, does anyone understand what I am trying to describe?

There has to be more to it, I am not a stressed out individual. I am as laid back as they come. My life is pretty easy, no kids, interesting job, wonderful man, four cute as hell dogs, stress is not a factor for me, so what else could be causing it? Exploding head syndrome, I feel good knowing it happens to others, now I want to know why.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I get this too, in twilight sleep. I even heard someone yell out my name. I jumped to my feet in confusion cause I was alone in the house. I will also get scenes not dreams, that jolt me as I lay. Once I did this while my boyfriend was watching TV, all I could explain was I fell in my head. He said my whole body literally bounced in the bed.

I have a theory about these occurrences and feel they are increasing with greater frequency to me and now hearing from others.

I don't want to share my theory just yet. But will start a thread about it when I am.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

In the same manner that you hear the noise, while almost asleep, do you ever have an almost blinding flash of light, as if a single flash of a strobe light right in front of you?

And by the way ......... my dogs are cutererer than yours !!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I see flashes of light if I wake up in the middle of the night and go to the washroom. I won't turn on the light so that I don't ruin my night eyes (so to speak). But in the dark if I look up or into the corner of my eyes I will see flashes of light that truly startle me.

My bathroom has no window in it so it is very dark in there, where this light comes from is beyond me.

Edit to add, I got you 2 both beat with my cute dogs.

[edit on 23/8/09 by Rhain]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's been said that a loud noise is experienced when one is leaving or
re-entering the body when experiencing Astral Projection.

Just thought I'd throw in another possible explanation.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was just reading from another site on this syndrome, and it occured to me that I have been drinking chamomille teas to get to sleep faster, and it works too, I normally have to wind down about an hour then lay down and still have trouble getting to sleep ( I can't stop going over my job, bills, ect. in my mind while I am laying there), somebody told me to try the tea a couple of weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, and I have been doing it every day before leaving work. I no longer sit up, I am so sleepy by the time I get home I go straight to bed. No bills or other matters pop up in my head, I just start going out. So again, the stress and anxiety are not going to be a factor for me. But I do wonder if the tea itself might have a part in it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Alert me please when you do start a thread on this, u2u please!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
But I do wonder if the tea itself might have a part in it.

I can rule that one out for you. I don't drink it, nor any type of "soothers".

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Yes I do have times that I see flashes of light, that happens often in many different situations, however I have to say that when the loud noise happens a flash of light does not occur. It is more like lines of light going upward.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join