It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Hi,

My Mother's got the illness and so does my brother.

I wonder, do you think there's a possibility that what you're seeing and hearing is actually real? Do you think it's possible that you really are seeing into the spirit realm? Maybe this isn't an illness after all but heightened psychic sensitivity? This one may be a silly question to you but, have you ever been around an animal when you've seen something and if so, does the animal seem to "see" what you see?

Also, as a family member, what can I do to be supportive and helpful when (especially my brother) is in the throes of depression about his illness.

I apologize if someone asked you this already. I went through most of the posts, not all.

Thank you for answering my questions, I wish you well!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

There are no they, I was just trying to make a point, sorry.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by debz325

We're a simple people, Mom.

You have to remember that it isn't your fault at all. My biggest fear is that my mother will believe that she is in some way responsible.

We're just growing up. After time, it will be easier for him to live with this. He'll learn how to control it.

Our mothers are our saviors. Our fathers are our gods. They are the only think that we know are real, because they are the only thing we have left from before our mental condition.

My second biggest fear is what will happen when my mother and father die.

But, we will get through it. Tell him to stay positive. If you want, refer him to this thread. It might shed some light to him on how to control his mindset easier.

Remember: It isn't your fault. You've done, and will do, everything you can, and he knows that. He's probably more stressed about you being stressed than you are about the whole situation.

Just calm down. We can feel people's energy very strongly. Just be calm around him. If he catches you looking at his eyes, and your eyes meet, look away after a few seconds. If you keep the contact, he might think it's suspicious.

Just give him time, and know that no matter what, he has the tools he needs to stay as sane as he needs to be. He just has to keep a positive mindset.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Its great that you're sharing your experiences becuz i think a lot of people are scared of schizophrenics becuz they are often portrayed as violent/dangerous etc. i think there are way more violent and dangerous people walking around who arent schizophrenics than who are. i think a lot of shizophrenics are only dangerous to themselves.

i have never allowed myself to be diagnosed but i have done a psychology course so i know what the symptoms are and suspect very much that i probably meet the clinical definition wihtout much trouble. i dont like the judgements or condescension some people adopt if they think you are schizophrenic and also i need to keep working. and since it doesnt interfere with my functioning at work.

i 'hear voices' although i have heard of normal people 'hearing voices' re: alien contact etc. with my experiences they became mixed with possible et type experiences as time went on. such as a missing time episode; an incident which involved my father (who has no mental illness) where we were driving and our car was apparantly lifted off the ground and put on a different road in about one second - that shook him up a bit. i also think i saw two big ufos on the trip home just after that incident. that was pretty cool. my father didnt see them. bu he agreed that we were on one road and then in the next instant we were on a different road going in a different direction. it was weird. i also get communication via signs/numberplates/ whatever 'it' is seems to be able to direct my attention to a sign or writing in order to communicate - is how it feels to me anyway; i have had sleep paralysis; lucid dreams where the dream state felt more of a real place than when i woke up. i had the distinct impression after that 'dream' that the dream place was reality and this place/reality is in fact, not so. a bit like dorothy in oz. this reality is oz.

i stay 'sane' (ha ha) by keeping an open mind. i dont know whats the cause/mechanism for my experiences, but neither do i accept that anyone else including doctors have a definite answer either. and then, what is reality, anyway? also i dont like drugs and dont think they help much; and i dont like giving up control over my person to other people. (also stories of how they used to treat schizophrenics by locking them up or electro shock type therapies make me a bit distrustful of the medical profession). my grandfather was schizophrenic and they gave him electro shock therapy which i dont think was very nice. i always believed my grandfather experienced something 'real' in some way. i never thought he was 'crazy'. also he had a great sense of humour, was very matter of fact about life, worked all his life to support his family even though his experiences sometimes caused him distress; and was courageous i think.
interestingly i have a piece of pottery he made after one experience when he was institutionalised for a while, and it is a candle holder which is pretty distinctly in the shape of a ufo wiht lights on it. which does make me wonder a bit. he used to get very religious after his 'experiences' and i think they scared him, whatever they were.

i also often feel a hand on my back; or a presence in the room. i get a lot of synchronicities - example: i was researching vampires i went into the living room and there was a navy boat with marines and they had 'vampire' on the front of their hat. i ignored it, assuming it was a hallucination = i didnt like to ask if my parents cud see it - or worry them; but a few weeks later i saw on the news a navy ship called the HMMS or whatever 'vampire' and my mother saw it too. a lot of stuff like this happens to me all the time.

i also feel almost 'impelled' to research certain things, which led me to this website. before my 'onset' i was never interested in ufos or ets or conspiracies. that came much later; after the onset of the 'et' element of my experiences.

i do sometimes feel i am here on a mission or purpose to help in some way; but i dont know.

paranoia? well... this site doesnt help. but ive always been distrustful and skeptical of goverments/politicians etc and i think with good reason; so i dont think thats that crazy.

yes... theres a lot of other stuff i could say.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamLael

Hi,
My Mother's got the illness and so does my brother.

love them both.
sure they are interesting people

me be schizophrenic on disability welfare in subsidized housing.
a life of luxury and abundance,
planning on moving to misty isle
to live hundreds of years as a sage.

I wonder, do you think there's a possibility
that what you're seeing and hearing
is actually real?

clarity of terms:
crazy be define as potential physical harm to self or others.
true be define as current personal experience
know be define as past (personal) experience
real be define as agreement at group of people

so your experience at mind or body be true for you.
it be real if you and some others agree with the experience.

all be stem from nothing.
and so all be.
so all we or you imagine can be accessed.
though we have choice,
can imagine happy love and safe.

Do you think it's possible that you really are seeing into the spirit realm?

most certainly.
multiple worlds and dimensions be common knowledge for physicists (quantum and string).

Maybe this isn't an illness after all but heightened psychic sensitivity?

certainly, before the name was elder, wise person.
"wise beyond your years" they might say.
"old soul" or "destined for greatness" at least on a local level.
The natural order of things.
Tribe and spirit leaders.

Typically the tribe people follow the wise words of their local spirit leader.

But on earth only one tribe wants to be listened to, the tribe called Royal.

through the pharmecutical industry together with totalitarian mind control regimes realized that people of knowledge may offer alternative perspectives to their own.
So alternative perspectives were detained in mental institutions drugged and demeaned till evaporation of the soul or expiration of body.

but, have you ever been around an animal
when you've seen something
and if so, does the animal
seem to "see" what you see?

this be well known phenomena is psychology called "joint vision"

Also, as a family member,
what can I do to be supportive and helpful
when (especially my brother)
is in the throes of depression about his illness.

Speak of love, harmony, nature, peace.
Take to park of nature,
though a city park may be okay,
a deep wilderness area preferred,
that looks like nature looked before humans settled there.

even in a city park,
speak of how you appreciate
the beautiful grass and wild flowers
(no weeds only love)
and hug some trees together.

nature be long lived scenery, that the soul be feel at peace in.
many a time has a soul been in the forest,
as an insect, as a cat, as a bird, as a rabbit, as a deer.
let sit down,
have time of stillness,
meditate.

can meditate at home as well,
any time,
good for mind emptiness and stillness and calm.

let know,
awareness and knowing,
love and acceptance,
choices and freedom.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by lowki]

[edit on 29-8-2009 by lowki]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by debz325

perhaps it might help him if he understands that you dont think he's 'crazy' and that u understand that what he's experiencing MAY be 'real' on some level or have some external cause that you are not aware of. i wud keep in mind that doctors dont know everything and no one should tell someone else they are 'crazy'.

perhaps the main thing is to get him to not 'give in' to whatever he is experiencing or try to not let it interfere with his life. i.e. to keep on going. to focus on doing normal things in order to keep on going.

i think it is possible to live with this disorder (or whatever it is) and to control at least your 'reactions' to it. although i dont know how bad his experiences are or how they affect him. some people can live with it without many people knowing they even have it; and people can continue to go to work and function with it. i think they key is to not give up hope and to look for ways of managing the symptoms if possible. so long as the person who has it can deal with it then that might give some hope.

bear in mind, that no one really knows what reality is. so 'delusions' may not be any less real - in some ways - than reality.

having said all that; i hope that you and your son are okay and find ways to cope wiht it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

may I ask if the more un-enjoyable aspects of what you define as schizophrenia ever subside to the point of becoming un-noticeable?
If so, for how long?

I was talking to my mum today about the voices & such...

afterwards & since then I've been considering the idea that I'm going through another large spiritual growth spurt. I've started to become physically ill when I witness injury & suffering, I nearly passed out the other night watching a scene from a bloodsport documentary. Its too real, like I feel like I'm the one experiencing what I'm watching. These new sensations have been occurring ever since I had a car accident a few months ago...

Someone suggested that during this sudden increase in spiritual awareness & development that my schizophrenic tendencies come out more & are harder to deal with, they seem stronger, but that once I get used to this new level of spiritual existence, that it will settle down again.

I really hope so & believe its more probably than anything else.
This is because the last time I had some noticeable symptoms occurring was when I was delving into OBE's & Lucidity last year, because of noticing these voices & such I promptly stopped.

The following year up till now I had been largely ignoring the development of my own spiritual abilities, limiting exploration to the theory & intellect,
But since the accident its all coming back again.

I ask you whether your symptoms come and go, because maybe it is that they come and go with the steps of your spiritual progression???

Sorry for not asking the question last post & prattling on in a self centred fashion as I did, this is not my thread & I apologise.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
thank you for the advice, it helping me
when i do meditate i do feel blind and i see different coloured orbs. I can feel my third eye but it never opens and the reason i meditate is because i have a simular story to yours i'm not a schizophernic or anything but i too fell inlove with this girl and it was horrible. and now i just meditate to find out who i really am. I feel as if i was brainwashed by this girl.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Is there any way that you can forcefuly stop the voices in your head from speaking without medication? Such as completly clearing your mind?

And

Do they have the ability to control what you say to people?

Finally

Do you see a figure of imagination such as the protagonist in Fight Club? An alter ego?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Haha, no need to apologize. This thread's open for you to share your experiences as well.

It's possible, I suppose, that I'm going through a major spiritual growth spurt.

The un-enjoyable episodes do come and go, but it's on a random schedule of it's own. I can be driving, and it'll all of a sudden hit me that my parents are FBI agents, or that the person behind me is going to ram into me, or that any second now I'm going to go blind.

They're irrational, and I can usually just ignore them.

There's always a slight sense of fear, though.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by G8tor

Another tip of advice: Slow down.

People think it takes a fast, keen mind to open their third eye.

You have to move slowly. When a person lays in a coma for years, they don't just sit up and walk out at their own leisure. It takes time to relearn your body, to walk, to eat normal food.

Same with your third eye. Try to open it slowly.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chinni

They have no control over my physical body. I can only hear them.

Sometimes they stop, but I haven't figured out a way to forcibly stop them. That'd be nice.

Sometimes, I wonder if my cousin(also best friend) is my alter ego. He is the exact opposite of me, and we do everything together.

I doubt it, though.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by B.Morrison

Haha, no need to apologize. This thread's open for you to share your experiences as well.

It's possible, I suppose, that I'm going through a major spiritual growth spurt.

The un-enjoyable episodes do come and go, but it's on a random schedule of it's own. I can be driving, and it'll all of a sudden hit me that my parents are FBI agents, or that the person behind me is going to ram into me, or that any second now I'm going to go blind.

They're irrational, and I can usually just ignore them.

There's always a slight sense of fear, though.

the belief in this idea i'm about to relay is purely esoteric/spiritual, but somehow it comforts me so I think the affects are both psychological & physiological as it stops the bodily sensations of anxiety for me also.

I concocted a recipe for a mind clearing, anxiety killing, psychically defending affirmation. This is what I use independent of defined guides & spirits who look out for me, that is to say I leave it open to mystery who or what exactly gives the affirmation power but it is as follows.

I am always safe & devinely protected (or always safe & in ALL WAYS protected, is an alternative)
Everything I need to know is revealed to me
Everything I need comes to me at the perfect time
Life is a Joy & Filled with love
I am Loving & loved
I am Vibrantly Healthy
Alls right with the world (shortened from: God is in his heaven, Alls right with the world)

If say I am walking through a busy inner city shopping mall (once in a blue moon, I hate that environment)
and I feel anxious, I repeat the above affirmation in my head as I walk along. It took a while for it to start working, for me to cement my belief in it, but i've used it for years now & it really helps me.

Alternatively I also participated in a 'thing' to discover, decide my 7 american indian spirit guides, you don't have to be american indian to do this, I'm australian. thankfully during this 'thing' I ended up with 2 blank spots on my totem pole which I can fill in with whichever animals I choose, very very fortunate I was to have this happen.
My animals are, dragonfly, raven, possum, crow, Elk. other communications with these deities include

"the dragonfly possum the raven & crow, keep me safe from all harm, wherever I go, the elk mine defended whenever I'm home."

This is personal to me & my guides & won't work for anyone else (I imagine) but you get the idea of how to go about this sort of thing.

Hopefully maybe these ideas could help you too?

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you remember, what were your dreams like before your current state?
Was there anything recurring?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thank you for your encouraging words.I will try to stay strong for my son and will try to comfort him as much as possible.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Very nice thread. I have one question:

It sounds as if you are enjoying your life. If you could return to your pre schizophrenia state, would you choose to do so?

- PM

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There is a big difference between Schizophrenia (to see what is not present) and having a heightened level of awareness.

There is enough going on in the world today to make anyone aware of these 'issues' a little paranoid.

It comes with the territory.
As the fences close In.
The people break out?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey, OP, reading your intro was like reading the future of my own.

I'm 18, play many video games (for reasons you probably know), and have experimented with many different drugs at a young age, I also followed the same exact idea of speaking only when spoken to at the same age period and I kept quite for a very long time, just thinking and examining. I spend most of my time alone cause it's where I'm most comfortable. There's a history of bi-polar and schizophrenia in my family on both sides. There's a few questions I'd like to ask you, but away from the prying eyes of people.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello Clever : )

I read this entire post last night and just now. I commend you for coming on here and opening up about your life and dealing with schizophrenia. You seem very mature and you make sense to me. I am bi-polar manic depressive and I refuse to take meds. I have learned how to deal in other ways. I come on ATS, go to the movies or my favorite the book store. I can sit in Barnes and Noble for hours and it calms me and makes me think clearer. I have always loved books esp older ones and I find they help me escape when I start to feel an episode come on. I wish you all the best in you life and I believe you will do just great. You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders and a loving family to support you. Best wishes : )

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I saw your signature-ROFL

You must have a strong mindset and a positive attitude. For me, hearing voices was temporary when I had postpartem psychosis. I was able to take a very mild med that didn't keep me from waking up for my baby. I can't remember what the name of it is now but my therapist was very positive and blunt and that helped a great deal.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join