It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi,
Since you've tried scientific measures(meds, counselling), have you tried to get spiritual help? Like from a genuine and trusted medium or even practice meditation from a qualified physic master?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First, let me just say that you're amazing for answering all these questions. My questions are about your life before the break...Did you ever have dreams where you could control things before your break and did you experience sleep paralysis before the break?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

My beliefs?

I believe we are here to witness what is happening in the universe.

Much like Starcraft(you will understand if you've played it).

In some games, you must build the greatest army/civilization to defeat the others.

In some games, you sit as an observer to watch the game.

I believe we're simply here to observe what is going on.

The meaning of life?

To find the Truth. Once we find the Truth, we will be set free.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

I have not yet met my alter-ego, but I can feel him there. There are things we will have to discuss once I "see" him.

I decided to post this thread, because talking about my struggles helps me understand them, and I figured I would help others have a look into my mind in the process.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone else asked this, but,

Are you or have you ever been in the Armed forces?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

It's complicated.

I think about it every day. I may never get answers.

Positive attitude is key.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clementlim

I've done it on my own, before, but I don't have the money to go to anyone right now.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasc83

I never experienced sleep paralysis before my Break, and I only ever had slight lucid dreams, on rare occasions.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

No, I have never been in the Armed Forces.

I don't believe they'd allow me in, now, due to my schizophrenia.

The last thing I need is the stress of war.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

What about supernatural or paranormal evidence, such as premonitions and similar psychic activity?

Unfortunately for me, mine seemed as if to be after the event. Which is basically a retarded psychic. And my supposed psychic skiils haven't helped find any missing persons or treasures.....that I know of anyway.

Even if there has been some type of medium connection, it might have been the wrong...."Number"

[edit on 27-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Your answers are interesting to say the least.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are trapped here?
It seems to me that you know something else is out there, but you choose to stay safe.
While there is nothing wrong with that, how far are you willing to explore?

Is there ever a time when you really want to "leave the room"again?

If you left, would you know where to go?

Only added "again" after I realized you had done so before.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have a question, sorry if you answered it already.

When you fall asleep and you are in that dream world, does it feel completly real? And that one time when you left your room, can you describe what you saw/felt?

I personally don't believe the whole astral plane thing, but it does strike me as possible that this dream world may be your mind's projection of the inside of your mind. Perhaps what you saw there can help unlock whats happening inside you. From what you have posted it sounds like your room im your dream world represents your sanity, your current state of positive conciousness. After all, it would make sense that your safest place would represent where your safety, and locking the door your amazing attitude that keeps you healthy.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by Infinite Paradox

No, I haven't. Is it purely on schizophrenia, or the many different disorders?

It's about schizophrenia written by a schizophrenic. It reads like a work of fiction. It's a story basically. It's not a text book or anything clinical.

The "Operators" are the voices in her head that tell her what to do. The "Things" are the people being controlled.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Infinite Paradox]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

"Okay, I'll play:"
Have you seen the Youtube ,video,The Real Cure for Schizophrenia?
Have you read,The KNee of LIstening and The Method of the Siddhas?
Do feel at peace,fullness and love?
Do you want to stay schizophrenic?
What is Schizophrenia?
What makes you think you have it?
Is hearing "internal" sounds Schizophrenia? (Nad yoga does just that.)

I have the only IMO logical theory of what SZ is and what is the cure
for it.

SZ (Schizophrenia) is a splitting of consciousness. Ordinary Consciousness is also a splitting of consciousness. SZ is simply a more intense form of that splitting.

It is written in the Upanishads that as soon as an other is noticed there is fear. The Ego is Fear. In that moment of noticing an other , a splitting of the original oneness or God Consciousness occurs. Everyone is thus to some degree split from their own nature as God or ONeness. The Schizophrenic is simply in a more intense form of that splitting or fear because of the way their brain works.

The Cure is Simply to stop that Action of Splitting or Separating ONeself from ONeself. One then spontaneously falls into that Consciousness that is Prior to the Action of Separation. That is Reality. Non Duality. No Other.No Seeking. The Heart of Reality.

The idea that SZ is fun is nonsense. It is a a lower state of Consciousness full of fear and anxiety, which puts great stress on an already poorly functioning brain. The next lower level is Psychosis. Psychotic mothers kill themselves and their babies. So how much fun could it be.

IMO the fact that someone hears voices,has visions, or even is delusional does not necessarily mean they are SZ. A person can take '___' or do Nad yoga and have visions or hear internal sounds without being SZ. Visions or sounds do not indicate anything about a persons Level of consciousness. They may simply indicate a malfunction in the brains hardware. Of course some people enjoy that experience and others will make a religion of it and attract similar people to them. (Sounds like this thread.)

I believe anyone who is lucid can reprogram their brain from the self centered ego self to a less self centered or less split self. All you need to do is Understand that you are always splitting yourself or meditating on your self. Then that Understanding becomes Radical Understanding as you Observe yourself constantly doing that separating and in a Moment of Grace you fall into that TRUE state of Consciousness Prior to Separation.

THIS IS POSSIBLE BECAUSE NON SEPARATION IS THE REAL STATE. It is not a matter of effort.

Sz is not a higher state , it is a lower state. If you want to see what its like to be SZ watch the documentary, The Devil and Daniel Johnston.

Clever said:
"I see the world so beautifully, I'm afraid that if I'm cured, I will forget what it looks like."

The SZ sees the world from a more intense Ego point of view. The Cure is Fullness and Love-Bliss. Its all about Sacrificing the EgoSelf and becoming Infinite Love-Bliss. Or you can contract into a tiny point of psychotic fear. The choice is yours NOW that you know.

The Teaching of Radical Understanding is contained in the Knee of Listening available for free at the
www.beezone.com...

The Birds have their nests,the foxes their dens, the Son of Man hath no place to rest his head. He has made the Sacrifice into Infinite Love-Bliss.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

As I've said, words are powerful.

Thank you for your opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cynic121

You are amazing. That's exactly what I've been trying to figure out how to control.

If I am in fact schizophrenia, and it IS all in my head, then everything I experience in my head can, in SOME way, be decoded into what's going on in my body/life. If I can decode it, I can possibly predict my own future.

It would mean little to everyone else, but I would always know that I was able to use Schizophrenia as an advantage.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

I've thought of this before.

I've thought that perhaps there is more outside my room than I once thought.

It's been a while. An eternity, according to my dream world. They don't even remember when I left my room.

The only thing that scares me is losing my body. I don't know how long I can leave my body.

What if I stay too long? What if I get stuck THERE?

I mean, if I had nothing to lose, then that wouldn't be a problem; but with such great family and friends, I couldn't risk it.

It is intriguing, though.

What if I DID know where to go?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Haha, I've experienced that.

I thought I'd predicted something, only to either see it in an old article, or have my cousin tell me that it'd happened a few days ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

only got to page 6 and had to skip to the end, i've had to self impose limits on how long I can spend on this website...

Firstly reading all your response in the first 6+last page & a few stupid questions thrown at you, I've been very reassured & feel incredibly close to you, we are very similar.

Last week I struggled a bit when I forgot that the voices I heard in my head weren't actually real, they stepped it up another level..I would hear 'negative' mumbling coming from the next door neighbours house whenever i was within earshot, which was everytime i went to the kitchen or toilet. This part is real, but then my mind interprets the mumbles & repeats them as words in my head, this voices are saying things like

'he only ever leaves his room to get food or take a #...what the #s up with that...yeah i know! what does he do in there...and he's up all night too...you can see the light shining out his window at 3am..."

I am a musician and naturally nocturnal, I'm up all night producing music, this makes loud noise sometimes or muffled bass that carries a long way, I did a year in sound engineering study & understand the properties of sound at a scientific level, I'm also naturally very compassionate & considerate, all this facts play into my auditory hallucination and make me feel guilty for disrupting them with my noise & makes it hard for me to work on my songs, i.e do what I love.

Despite what I've just said, I've got it under control, I just forget things I should probably write down.

I know when I'm being psychic & when I'm being paranoid (somewhat) for e.g.
I was listening to one of my closest friends reading out a letter they'd just written, and I could hear the words being said by my internal voice, bout half a second before they came out of his mouth. this happens from time to time & its on the one hand lovely, but at the same time horrible because its hard to focus & continue a conversation.

My 'dark thoughts' only seem to make an appearance when I'm under stimulated, I'm pursuing musical study & a vast array of other things, I have an I.Q of 130 last time I checked.

Also Carl Jung would define me as an INFP idealist healer, and we only account for 1% of the population so I would expect the other 99% to think differently.

If these voices do happen to make an appearance I'm analysing them & exploring them these days, and enjoying it.

I'm 'playing' with it now, it doesn't hold me back. Although it did for a solid 5 years & nearly killed me twice, first time someone else's fault 2nd time was mine, wont do that again.

I don't work tho, because I know much regard the RBA(I'm in oz) & fed reserve & money & intend to mimic hunter s. Thompson with a kick ass house in the middle of nowhere, I'll deck it out with natural nrg generators & rely on no one. It will be grand. Only jobs I've even gone for required the bare minimum of mental effort, autonomous factory work, next stop is data entry as its just as mindless but pays double.

so much to say, so little characters remaining..

3 of my cousins schitzo, 2 died young, 1 missing presumed dead, and my father is paranoid schitzo, but I'm better equiped to deal with it & have nothing to prove.

what was said earlier by you & another poster re: personal misson & we're all here to watch. this is somewhat true, I think if you explore further you'll find out more personal info, but know you are correct about this.

There is no such thing as a healthy mind in the world of psychology, only different degrees of pathology. Med's are not the answer, when meds become the answer, the person has been led there. they weren't encouraged to make their own decisions regarding the matter & attempt to work on it themselves. there are no quick fixes. I self Medicate, I smoke pot, I take psychoactive substances annually..run out of words

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by Miraj

I have few friends. Two, to be exact. They're not too bad.

I fail at intimate relationships. They make me believe that I can be better, that maybe one day I could actually have a son or daughter, and I begin to do stupid things. I'll get caught on a thought, and start telling my girlfriend about it, and she'll freak out and leave.

I suppose it all works out for the best. I wouldn't want to put a child through having a schizophrenic father.

it is possible to find someone. A lot of people might be scared by schizophrenia for no good reason, but im sure you'll eventually find love with a girl who will support you no matter what
she might worry a lot but with lil talk and making sure she's supported too , anything is possible!! good luck with the book

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join