It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Director Pleads Guilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
www.judicialwatch.org...

Last Updated: Fri, 08/21/2009 - 5:07pm
A high-ranking official at the taxpayer-funded leftist group that conducts fraudulent voter registration drives has pleaded guilty to conspiracy for organizing a scheme that illegally paid workers to register new voters.

As a Nevada field director for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), Christopher Edwards paid canvassers—many of them “lazy crack heads”—to register new voters for the 2008 presidential election. He also set illegal quotas of at least 20 voters a day for canvassers to keep their job and offered an additional $5 for registering 21 or more.

ACORN’s shady quota system is illegal in Nevada as well as most states and the Chicago-based community group with strong ties to President Obama faces criminal charges across the nation. As part of Edwards’ guilty plea, he is cooperating with authorities and will testify against several high-ranking ACORN regional officials.

See the link for the rest of the story.

Hmmm, ACORN? Now, are these the guys that are suppose to be doing the census? And are under investigation in how many states???

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
And remind me again - wasn't Obama's claim to fame that he was a community organizer? In fact, wasn't he the national director, or something? I know he held one of the highest positions within Acorn...so does this mean he is in MORE trouble? Got another storm brewing? My word, this guy is so corrupt, he's got tentacles reaching into every aspect of corruption. I hope - just really hope - Obama gets implicated - and even MORE so (if that's possible) that this catapults the ouster of Acorn from all aspects of our government. What was wrong with so many people turning a blind eye to Acorn? Obama hasn't even bothered to hide the fact that he's paying them behind every tawdry curtain. Even made one of the Acord execs a Czar - old buddy, old pal. We told you all - birds of a feather, flock together. And then what do they do? Sh## on US!

new topics

join