It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The all new whatukno.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just got my website back. whatukno.com...

But the page is totally wrong. I need to edit the title and stuff.

Does anyone know where I can find editable themes or somehow to edit this?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

cool congrats on your website being back up
I wish I could help you, but I don't know much about that sort of thing. But what kind of wesbite is it?

Anyway, maybe this can help you? I really don't know.

If you can use word processing software like Microsoft Word or Works, you can edit a basic website. Having a professional website designer edit your website can get expensive. If you just need to add or modify text and images you can edit your website yourself with a word processing program like Microsoft Word or Works.Most word processing programs operate basically the same. Before you can edit your website you must have the website or html file saved on your hard drive. Open your word processing software and open your website index.html file first. Select the text you want to edit and edit the text as you would any word document.
EHOW

How to edit your website template

And this wesbite:

Make the sites you build more valuable to you and your clients

You build great sites. But your clients don't know how to update them--so sites get stale, or you end up doing unprofitable and tedious editing when you could be doing more creative and lucrative work.

We solve this problem by giving you the power to add a dynamic content-management system to any site in less than a minute per page. Customers then simply edit their site through a web browser.

You keep control over site design, layout and structure while letting your customers edit the text and place graphics on their pages using our browser-based WYSIWYG editor that requires no software or installation.
Edit my site online

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thanks, that's going to be helpful. I wonder still how to change it so that when people visit the site they see a nifty little icon in the tab like ATS does.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's called a favicon. (here's a link to an online favicon generator.)

You need to add your favicon.ico file to your site's directory and add this line to your header:

The bb code tags aren't working for some reason. Go here and scroll down and you'll see the html code needed to insert a favicon.

To edit your header file log into your back-end manager. Then choose:

Design --> Theme Editor

The file you edit should be named "header.php".

This is where you can edit all your files. (alternatively, you can edit them on your computer and upload them via FTP)

If you are using Wordpress, this is by far the best place to start.

Good luck.

PS: If you check out my site in my signature, it's mostly Wordpress as well. (except the shop which is Zen Cart)

[edit on 24/8/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If you're going to have podcasts on your site, I suggest you install the podpress plugin. I've used it in the past with great success and it's very easy to use.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Your podcast idea is great. Thank you for that. Unfortunately the FavIcon thing is weird and I don't know what to do. I looked at the HTML code and have no freaking idea how to put the icon in there.

Wukky no understand funky HTML language, bash computer with rock.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

My apologies.

To add a favicon, you only need a single line of HTML code. Unfortunately, I'm unable to post it here on ATS. It's explain in detail at this link.

OR, if you know how to install plugins, you can make your life easier and simply install this plugin.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ok I think I got it now.

Maybe...

I like the plugins, but for some reason some don't seem to work. I don't know how to go into the FTP files. This is all new to me, I don't know HTML or complex computer code so any help will be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Does your webhost have a site manager like Pleask or Cpanel?

Edit: It's Cpanel. (I checked)

[edit on 25/8/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Here are the instructions from your host on how to use your domain. The FTP instructions are under #5. (I use Filezilla myself, although the File Manager might be easier for you to use for now)

Between that link and the Wordpress Codex you should be able to figure a lot of it out. I'll do my best to answer what you can't figure out on here.

[edit on 25/8/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

new topics

top topics

join