It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cryptid or UFO?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I was outside for a couple of minutes about 30 minutes ago, and I saw something like two medium sized birds flying through the sky. The weird thing was, they didn't flap there wings, not even once. They where smaller than a hawk, but larger than a robin. Usually at that size they flap there wings alot. These two where flying with each other than they both did turns and flew off. They still didn't flap there wings when they turned though. They also where all gray, and with the height they where at, I should have been able to see some features. They flew for about five minutes before I could see them anymore.




posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There where also alot of dogs barking and whining across the street, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it though..



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello!

I love this forum, I always feel like a guest.

So- Sometimes dogs will react to anything different. In the case of dogs or a UFO it's highly possible the dogs would bark.

UFOs aren't my speciality. Sometimes birds will go into a glide and not flap their wings. If they are small birds of prey going after food, they may also not flap their wings.

I don't know if UFOs travel in pairs. Some birds do. I don't know your location, but my guess would be some small bird of prey.

Some falcons can be small... I'd need to know location and stuff to be able to properly identify it if they were birds.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
H mm.. i am thinking that maybe what you say was mechanical ? but that's just my opinion did you see any flames or anything off them? or was there any reflection off the sun if not i don't know what these so called birds were



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Makes me think of pigeons or seaguls. Dogs barking is probably just a coincidence.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Hello!

I love this forum, I always feel like a guest.

So- Sometimes dogs will react to anything different. In the case of dogs or a UFO it's highly possible the dogs would bark.

UFOs aren't my speciality. Sometimes birds will go into a glide and not flap their wings. If they are small birds of prey going after food, they may also not flap their wings.

I don't know if UFOs travel in pairs. Some birds do. I don't know your location, but my guess would be some small bird of prey.

Some falcons can be small... I'd need to know location and stuff to be able to properly identify it if they were birds.


I live in the mid-west, we never get falcons, but we do get hawkes. This was to small to be a hawk. It may have been a small owl, but we rarely see those out during the day, and usually they make a sounds if they are out. These made no sounds. Plus it wasn't fat looking like an owl. It may have been a large bat, but it's the day time.

I said UFO for unidentified flying objects, I really doubt it is alien, but I am open to just about any kind of geusses on what it may be.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Makes me think of pigeons or seaguls. Dogs barking is probably just a coincidence.
To big to be a pigeon, and I don't live by the ocean, and surely, if it was a seagull it would have made a noise. We do sometimes get them here, but only early in the summer. I do agree that the dogs barking was probably a coincidence, but they where whining and it sounded like they where in pain.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoRevealer
H mm.. i am thinking that maybe what you say was mechanical ? but that's just my opinion did you see any flames or anything off them? or was there any reflection off the sun if not i don't know what these so called birds were
Nothing to make it fly, it was just there. No reflection either.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx
 


I doubt drones would be doing that in numbers, but I don't really know. No doubt drones would look like drones or would be too hard to even see?



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is it very humid where you are right now? If it is then these could be birds catching mosquitoes. Starlings maybe.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm going to run a search for you and let you know what I find. Could you tell me approximate size and any other details? Grey, right? Could you tell anything else?

Exact state would be helpful but not necessary, you can give a few states to narrow down if you want. Also, type of area? Like a marsh, field, forest, desert??

[edit on 8/23/2009 by ravenshadow13]



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I'm going to run a search for you and let you know what I find. Could you tell me approximate size and any other details? Grey, right? Could you tell anything else?

Exact state would be helpful but not necessary, you can give a few states to narrow down if you want. Also, type of area? Like a marsh, field, forest, desert??

[edit on 8/23/2009 by ravenshadow13]


Size... Probably seagull sized. I live in Missouri, that is all I will say about that. They where gray, but I couldn't really see any features like a beak or anything. It was just gray, thats what was weird about it. I live in a small town, it was in my back yard, so a field I geuss if you want to call it that. The only thing I have around are forests and fields.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Is it very humid where you are right now? If it is then these could be birds catching mosquitoes. Starlings maybe.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]
It's actually really dry and cool out today, weirdly enough. Where I live it's usually really hot and humid at this time of the year.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join