Contrail/ Chemtrail Research Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

In the contrail and cirrus cases black carbon (BC) particles dominated the residual size spectra for particles smaller than 1 μm. The coarse residual particle mode (Dp≥1.5 μm) in contrails consisted almost completely of mechanically generated metallic particles

Your response is driving off the topic (again).

The weather data is conclusive. The transition area between airmasses and their relative humidity levels can be abrupt. SO, no...you don't alwasy see contrails "fade" out, or on. I've seen examples where they appear to "stutter"...again, due entirely to the air's humidity changes. PERIOD!

NOW...last time, so this isn't a "chemtrail" argument, there is a perfectly logical explanation for that bit I repeated to show everyone. YOU are reading into it, and not realizing why you're wrong.

"black carbon" particles are to be expected as the result of burning a FOSSIL FUEL!!! Right?

The "mechanically generated metallic particles"?? ENGINE WEAR!! Machines that have components that are in close contact will experience friction. Even when well-lubricated, there will still be wearing away of microscopic metal bits.

It's perfectly normal (unless it occurs to excess, which is why maintenance inspects the engine oil regularly for signs of excessive wear, in the form of too many metal bits, because they also stay in suspension in the oil, besides some being exhausted out the tailpipes).

I've covered that technical stuff already, another thread. NO MORE here!!!

Go argue over there.

'Bye!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Just found this and thought of your thread:

From the excellent APOD site:

apod.nasa.gov...

Explanation: What causes these long, strange clouds? No one is sure. A rare type of cloud known as a Morning Glory cloud can stretch 1,000 kilometers long and occur at altitudes up to two kilometers high. Although similar roll clouds have been seen at specific places across the world, the ones over Burketown, Queensland Australia occur predictably every spring. Long, horizontal, circulating tubes of air might form when flowing, moist, cooling air encounters an inversion layer, an atmospheric layer where air temperature atypically increases with height. These tubes and surrounding air could cause dangerous turbulence for airplanes when clear. Morning Glory clouds can reportedly achieve an airspeed of 60 kilometers per hour over a surface with little discernible wind. Pictured above, photographer Mick Petroff photographed some Morning Glory clouds from his airplane near the Gulf of Carpentaria, Australia.

Pretty cool huh?

I don't know, if you believe that lie and think these are natural, I've got some swampland....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Those are way neeto, Silcone.

Perhaps, in time, we will be able to finally convince the naysayers, the ones reading this Contrail/Chemtrail thread (for the benefit of some who didn't notice it's about BOTH!) who really need some education. Those roll clouds are quite unusual. They are obvioulsy formed naturally. AND, I wished I lived where I cojld see them myself!!

BUT, I've seen a lot of strange, beautiful cloud formations in my day....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

HERE!!! This thread is about education, WATCH THIS!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by iknownothingiswear

oh yeaaaah, especially much cooler when it happens to form as a plane is flying right infront of it. now stfu plz

[edit on 24-8-2009 by iknownothingiswear]

What on earth are you on about?
[snip]
What I posted was a QUOTE from NASA,not my own words...If ya got a problem take it up with NASA.

[mod note: General Posting Etiquette]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think this is appropriate to this thread...at least, seems so to me.

Having a view point from the OTHER side of the clouds then we're accustomed to, really puts it into better perspective.

A gift to OzWeatherman, and every too.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iknownothingiswear

Please explain...What exactlly was it in my first post that made you write "STFU etc" ?
You seem to be cheesed off that I posted a quote from NASA about that picture of cloud formations-Why?

Did I say what side of the fence I am on regarding chemtrails?
I did not.
Which is why I am wondering why you got cheesed off-
Please make sense.

I could even understand the insult in your reply to me(even thou its a T+C violation),If I had offended or upset your own position on the chemtrail subject...But I didn't even state my position on the matter!!
Maybe it is you who is immature?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

don't you get it? we dont care about your alternative view point. the thread is dedicated to one viewpoint and single truth as stated from the title. can't you [snip] read? don't answer, it's rhetorical.

Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iknownothingiswear

The point of the thread is to compare occurrence of contrails/chemtrails with atmospheric and synoptic conditions.

It's also about helping people better understand clouds, the weather and how humans affect them both.

Of course, there are always some who would rather people were kept ignorant so as to better manipulate them

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

While I really won't have the time to partake in this I support it and am anxious to see what results may come of it. Maybe, just maybe, some of the 'chemtrail' myth may be dispelled once and for all. Or proven, who knows.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iknownothingiswear

one makes his belief clear enough when hes holding a nazi poster and quoting hitler at a holocaust memorial. you did the same with the nasa quote and a ponzi picture on this thread. you're either extremely stupid or in league with weedwacker and his crew. im smart enough to know its the latter and sensible enough to ignore you at this moment- only so that i don't get to be called vagina again. all your other effort at provocation were in vain, you failure of a troll.

Hate to dent you're "smartness," but I have never met,nor know weedwhacker.
All I did was happen upon the APOD picture and post it here along with the NASA quote.
If you manage to read what I posted first,you may then understand that I did not actually call you vagina.Used the word,yes-called you the word...no.
The Hitler analogy is just plain silly,as in actual fact I do believe that some governments have on occasion sprayed chemicals on unknowing citizens.
However I do not believe the spraying is as widespread as some believe-IE I don't think its being used globally to make people sick or control the population.
If that makes me a debunker,fine.

On the NASA photo and quote-I do happen to believe what they say in this case.

If the government really wanted to kill people off secretly via ariel spraying,don't you think they might just use a spray which is colourless and leaves no visual traces?
That would be more secretive,would it not?

Weather does very strange things sometimes-it doesn't always mean the government are trying to kill you.
Anyway,you probably won't read this properly because I can see you're in a bad mood.

Oh well,enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. I am of the mind that "chemtrails" are a phenomena being purposefully made to have some sort of effect on our atmosphere that goes beyond plain old air traffic.

I don't believe it some sort of population control. Honestly, I believe it is to curb the effects of global warming. I posted a thread not too long ago because an article really sealed the deal for me. I wont post back to the thread. I'll just post the link and an excerpt from the article.

Scientists: Spraying aerosols into atmosphere may reduce global warming

usatoday.com

Consider atmospheric geoengineering — pumping reflective particles into the stratosphere to reflect sunlight — seen as a way to cut the effects of global warming. In 1991, the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines cooled the atmosphere's average temperature worldwide almost one degree Fahrenheit, a kind of "global dimming," serving as an inspiration for the idea. Such high-altitude aerosols, different from the ones found in spray cans, can play a big role in climate.

A 2006 paper in the journal Science, for example, written by the eminent atmospheric scientist Tom Wigley of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, suggested that annually blasting roughly 500,000 tons of sulfur (about 7% of yearly sulfur production) into the stratosphere every year for three decades would prevent global warming.

My reasoning is that just because they are PROPOSING to do it, doesn't mean they aren't ALREADY doing it. This article could just be a way to test the waters on public opinion.

Today's weather in Boise, ID at the moment is:

Temp: 66° (High is supposed to be 88)
Barometer: 30.04 in and rising
Humidity: 42%
Dewpoint: 42°
Wind: CALM

So far no aerosol trails (that's what I'd rather call them), but that could change, of course.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Imo, if you really want to thoroughly study this, what really should be tested is groundwater and soil samples. Unless they are just trying to seed clouds, create rain or whatever, I think many who believe that contrails are chemtrails, think they are hazardous, sprayed to affect humans.

If that is the case, then these chemicals must reach the ground, or there is no point to them. From many threads I've read, supposedly, these chemtrails are sometimes so "thick" they create "fog" over cities. And then people complain about sluggishness, lethargy, illness, etc. Well then, these have to present on the ground.

Of course, many environmental companies test soil and groundwater on a regular basis. They don't find mystery chemicals. But, if you really think these chemtrails are chemicals, take soil and water samples in the areas they are sprayed. You should find something anomalous and out of the ordinary, no?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

The only problem with that idea would be that the soil and water are already so polluted with many chemicals/toxins etc,that it would be difficult to say where they originally came from-cars/factories/planes etc.

One of the reasons the whole chemtrail idea is such great conspiracy theory is that its really hard to prove if it is happening-but also really hard to prove that it is NOT happening.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

there wouldn't be a city where the ground and the water isn't contaminated unless it is void of people and all industrial activities. the hard thing is to connect the dot- show that the chemtrails are whats affecting it. to do that someone would have to fly up and snatch a trail sample while it is being sprayed. can i laugh at you now?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join