It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions face shrinking Social Security payments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Millions face shrinking Social Security payments

news.yahoo.com

By law, Social Security benefits cannot go down. Nevertheless, monthly payments would drop for millions of people in the Medicare prescription drug program because the premiums, which often are deducted from Social Security payments, are scheduled to go up slightly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, it looks like this is the beginning of the end of that giant Ponzi scheme they call Social Security. Working people are going to be taxed for the bailouts, and now the retirees are going to be receiving less from Social Security. How will this stuff go on before Americans have finally had enough?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Isn't that peachy, first we get to bail out the wealthy class in the nation and now SS recipients are going to get another slap in the face with a cut in their checks.

And my father is one of those, work all his life to now get a slap for his hard labor.

But hey the wealthy banks too big to fail got their money.

Where is the retirees and Vet now are they already getting ready to march to Washington or they are waiting for somebody else to do the dirty job for them.

I can not wait to see when next mid term election put majority of Republican in Congress and the next president is Republican they will give us the SS reform, privatization.

Yes, every thing is going to be peachy.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

lets organize a protest.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A protest is a spit in the bucket.
A Revolution is an overflowing of that bucket.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm on SSDI and I'm afraid of losing it. I wouldn't doubt they'll be cutting people off disability any way they can, while many are waiting to get on it.

I wonder how many are now trying to retire early as well. I'd just assume not get a cost of living to keep it anyway. This past year was a bonus year and now they want it back? I don't even recall what I bought with the stimulus. That wasn't enough to get new tires anyway. Just when I had received my SSDI increase, my auto insurance increase, took it away.

Things can still get worse. My 401k could take another hit this fall and I was counting on that if I lost my disability. I'm thinking when the market nose dives again, there will be a run on the banks for sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

My dad is on disability. Heard awhile back that they were going to go after many on disability who aren't really disabled or who could possibly work at places like walmart.

Sounds to me things will get tougher for those on disability.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

My brother is on disability and they're doing an audit on him. I've read that they can cut you off for non-compliance for not taking medications. Depending on your diagnosis of course. The meds I've previously been on almost killed me and one of the reasons I'm on disability was for attempted suicide and homelessness or abandoning my job, home and car for 7 weeks. So, it's like: "Here, let us help you with that, take this medication."......And if you no longer want to die, than you're cured. ( not as if that's a reason for disability though)

I've had a multiple diagnosis for disability, but my therapist won't find out for me since I've lost my paperwork. One diagnosis which is DID. No one in my family confirms it though and I don't talk about it.

Odd thing is, people like myself have missing time events and yet, supposedly, so have those around me at times as well? Maybe they just won't say? idk

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I got the feeling that all those baby boomer that are retiring with good retirement accounts on their personal 401Ks and other funds will become the primary target here.

But because the economy is so crappy many of these people had already taken their retirement accounts to pay bills.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So, Obama is willing to cut SS in order to pay for the Health Care reform that he is so confident will pass. The money has got to come from somewhere. Why not raid SS once again. Just a little reallocation folks. Nothing to see here. Go get your block of cheese and hush. Oy Vey!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The U.S. budget for 2010 Social Security is 11,000,000,000. (thats BILLION) Less that the 2009 budget.
I was floored when I saw that. I mean, how many people a year apply for reitrement benefits? So yes, Who is going to be cut off S.S.?
Everything this Administration has done, or is Planning to do, scares the Heck out of me.

join