It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****Mind Blowing 1958 speech (video)****

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

From what I can tell, this is the first video on YouTue. OP's is just a later uploaded version. As far as the video itself goes, the man obviously knew what he was talking about. It's a shame our culture portrays old people as a senile, dopey old bunch living in retirement homes instead of learning from their vast knowledge of the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Wow we have been asleep at the helm for a long time. I hate to sound so pop-culturery but I feel like Neo when he gets unplugged from the matrix and he realizes how many are still plugged in.

The Sleeping Dragon is awakening....I would not want to be a politician right now...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by peponastick]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
the bad news... I have been saying this for 30 years ....

the good news... the internet is still up .

out think your enemy , and out live your enemy .

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Great clip!

It's to bad people can only care about things they understand.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Wow!

Ok, what you need to do now is form the third party, based on his ideals.

I imagine the John Birch Party would do well in the coming years.

Seriously, if you Americans in the thread here are not posting this in emails to everyone you know I don't know what's wrong with you.

A movement doesn't come about by leaving it to other people, you all need to be a part of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
fear mongering isolationist BS.

Held no water then, holds no water today.

Some of your right wing folks are total loons.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

You ask some good questions - let me begin to answer you by explaining that what people see around them today, what they feel has always been, simply has not. It is incredibly hard to understand that the system we live in today simply did not exist not very long ago. This point is important as it is the hardest thing to get your head around, was for me, and I just completed a Masters in this very area specializing in the sovereignty of nation states.

The oldest surviving democracy on earth is the US, it is also one of the oldest nations on earth. There has never really been nation states until now, city states, family empires and dynasties, merchant states (east Indies companies, west Virginia company etc), monarchies, principalities etc. The people of these various forms of autonomous regions were almost always had no rights what so ever, and they certainly had no loyalty or patriotism to their rulers what so ever - the idea of a nation is so fantastically modern and unique. They simply DID NOT EXIST in any where near the form of today - and absolutely no patriotism - none. Almost all armies were raised through paid soldiers and mercenaries, the idea of a volunteer really only occurred in the 20th century in on a full scale global realm (there are of course exceptions, but the rule stands).

Nationalism has no bearing on technological advancement, rather wealth and the freedom to explore, a liberal minded society were the greatest determining factor, along with the mother of all invention necessity, and of course war. The renaissance was conducted under papal rule for the most part, with prinicpalities, waring city states - Pisa, Naples and Florence were
run by families, Medici, Lorenzo the magnificent being a great patron of the arts and incredibly wealthy, the Birth of Venus should hold special interest for anyone who is interested into its meaning - a divergence from God as a theme touching on the pagan beauty of the world.

Your time frame for the great wars is wrong - they occurred int eh 20th centuries, even so - the global hegemony we see today of nation states really only occurred AFTER the wars - with the end of colonialism - yes Europe and the Americas were nationalized - but thats it - in reality the real rise of national armies occurred with the Napoleonic wars - even though this was still an isolated event.

The fereralisation of the Union - the civil war - explicitly shut down many of the interests and rights of the south. In fact the very initiation of the Union was about giving up freedoms and powers of the states - exactly what is occurring now in to the empowered global trading sphere.

Merchantalism refers to the control of countries by companies - this is what occurred in much of the west Indies and of course in the east Indies - India - by the East Indies trading company, by the Oppenheimer's, Rhodes in Africa West Virginia Trading Company, South African Trading Company and many, many others - rule of colonies was routinely delegated to corporations who would create laws, create armies and even mint coins in their own name - standard stuff, yet mind boggling to the modern mind - Imagine Coca Cola corporation running Zimbabwe - with Cola coins etc - strange but once totally normal.

Monarchies were ruling dynasties who controlled everything within their domain - they ruled by divine right of God - the land they controlled waxed and waned greatly, and was a strange balance with lords, Barons, Viscounts, Dukes or Princes depending on your locale - these were in some way countries, with rough borders, but a nation they were not - states they were. Nation states are countries which are run by government and bureaucracy - sovereignty is something ordained upon other nations through the recognition of legitimacy - that is why it is so integral to be recognized by the UN -

Hope that answers some of your questions - here is a greater explanation of the issues at hand - hopefully others can take the time out to inform themselves -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ideas being expressed by the those in this video is one of ultra nationalism - it is one of heart felt allegiance to a country, however it is significantly also a belief that in so doing there would be greater wealth for themselves - there is a HUGE fear in helping others for humanitarian purposes in the US as it is a uniquely un-American thing to do - when there is a dollar to be made.

THe rest of the world is trying to move on from this, into a more egalitarian world where there is less suffering, where there is education, shelter, food and water for everyone - it is about human progress. The ideas in this video come from a desire to only work for American interests to create great power at the expense of the rest of the world - Empire - and this is exactly where America has gone - the rest of the world however does not share this archaic view of the planet - it is simply anachronistic, from a different time and different age - the world is moving towards harmony and peace - through business and prosperity, through technology and mutual benefit - and the US finds this intolerable to their view as global dominance - this comes from the fact that they have only been a real super power for less than half a century, most other countries were super powers for many centuries - the Chinese for 5,000 years. most other powerful nations have no need to continue the struggle to be the biggest, the best, the only one on the block - it is parse - however the US is like a 17 year old child in room of adults, incredibly powerful, full of bravado - maybe very bright - but totally lacking in experience and wisdom -

The position of neo-liberalism is to move the world into resolving its differences through non- military means - expressly through institutions which which foster trade, technology etc. Neo-liberalism also puts forward the idea that modern democratic states will rather sort their differences out through economic activity and legislation through institutions such as the WTO and the UN rather than simply invading each other. This was in response to the catastrophic consequences of the 1st and 2nd world wars. Neo-realists believe that disputes can only be resolved through war.

The global shift towards economics governing the planet has been an attempt to promote these neo-liberal means of dispute resolution, the shift to the UN, WTO, IMF etc has also been a part of this as has the governance of dispute resolution , ie the shift away from the resort to war by states towards resolution by governing 3rd parties - Americans tend to see this as a loss of American power and sovereignty and often refer to it as the NWO

The consequence of this shift has been a rise in the power and freedoms of corporations as they usurp those of the governments - it is therefore pertinent to seek to draw parallels to the Merchant trading companies of the previous 5 hundred years which dominated much of world affairs.

My work tended to also focus on the disempowerment facing the nation states today through the outsourcing of military - one of THE DEFINING FACTORS of a nation state is the monopolisation of force, the military, a crucial and unique element to the NATION STATE - my work continued on to look at the role of artificial intelligence and robotic warfare as an extension of this outsourcing of military power - it will continue to look at the effects of automated warfare in response to dispute resolution through non delineated border resources in the age of depleted resources and pollution.

Hope this helps somewhat - I would look at
"Mercenaries, Pirates, and Sovereigns:
State-Building and Extraterritorial Violence in Early Modern Europe" by Janice E. Thomson as a quick and relatively easy read on the subject - although written before the rise of corporate warriors - then look to Peter Singer both of his recent books are AWESOME and I recommend them all the time on this site. "Wired for War" and "Corporate Warriors" - Another work with looking at is "Spies for Hire" by Tim Shorrock - will blow your mind out the back of your head when you realize what your government has done to your secret intelligence service - incredible.

These books will cause a paradigm shift in your mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Did I hear him right?

In point nine he supports warfare?

So seeking peace above all else is now an evil?

Wow what a twisted world you permabears live in...

On a more serious note... doesn't he look an awful like Ron Paul? Sounds like him too.

WAIT HOLD THE PRESSES...

When did you say this video was released? 1958? really? How does he refer to President Nixon at 5:27 in the video? Nixon wasn't elected until 1969.

Uhm..... ok, so who is the monkeys uncle here?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Did I hear him right?

In point nine he supports warfare?

Wow what a twisted world you permabears live in...

No, you didn't hear right.

There is a difference between attacking a nation and defending your own.

If you watch it again, you'll see that he suggests the U.S. "minding it's own business" in international affairs. something I think many of us believe is correct.
He then suggests that military force should be used in the DEFENCE of the nation.
That is not proposing that war is right.

Really, you guys should try harder to discredit. Making such easily dismissed "translations" doesn't work.

And by the way, I am an extreme liberal, and I believe he is absolutely correct in everything he suggests.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So you believe this video is actually from 1958 and the guy is such a good predictor that at 5:27 in the video he speaks about great evils perpetrated by every President from FDR to Nixon. But wait.. Nixon wasn't president until 1969!!!!!

He didn't even run for President the first time until 1960.

In the end, this is nothing more than an anti-communist rant.

And if you look at the money sitting around that room hes speaking to... it's no wonder why.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ATS would appear to have be over run by right wing fear mongers lately.

All this nonsense is staggering because the implication is that there is a small militant organization forming out of the fomented hatred coming from GOP think tanks and other right wing extremist interest groups.

Watch out or you'll be seeing more Nazis in America if these people are given any sort of credence at all.

Be aware of these types of groups and who is backing them. It IS the power elitists and corporate captains that they claim to be against. That is who they really are in fact.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Americans are so wrong in a lot of things:

1) the Obama administration are not Nazis.
2) universal health care is good - America is quickly deteriorating to a 3rd world country. If you don't give universal health care to your citizens, expect great poverty and ultimately a revolution.
4) the UN is not out to get you. The UN is necessary for peace on Earth. The UN may have done some bad things the last few years, but they are greatly exaggerated by American media.
5) poorness is not only due to one's stupidity. There are social factors in play as well.
6) a patriot defends his own land, not his own interests in foreign lands.

If the US does what the video suggests, i.e. stop caring about the other nations, then the world's problems will escalate tenfold. The terrorist acts inside US soil will be tripled, and many wars will be started around the world. Rogue nations will get nuclear arms. And all these problems will lead to a third world war, from which America can not escape.

In government we trust?

In corporations we trust?

Originally posted by djusdjus

All this nonsense is staggering because the implication is that there is a small militant organization forming out of the fomented hatred coming from GOP think tanks and other right wing extremist interest groups.

Watch out or you'll be seeing more Nazis in America if these people are given any sort of credence at all.

Be aware of these types of groups and who is backing them. It IS the power elitists and corporate captains that they claim to be against. That is who they really are in fact.

What you are saying is that we should ignore facts, and our eyes and ears are telling us lies?
Obama and the government will always tell the truth?

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

No. Seeking peace and expecting it is naive.

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Wow!

Seriously, if you Americans in the thread here are not posting this in emails to everyone you know I don't know what's wrong with you.

A movement doesn't come about by leaving it to other people, you all need to be a part of it.

As a several generation American, I have to say thank you for speaking truth.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I really can't fathom that you believe what you just typed.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Wow!

Downtown for pres 2012!!

Is it okay if I wear a Patrick Henry Mask?

I was thinking about forming a Pirate Party U.S.A, or if it already exists just run under that party.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

fear mongering isolationist BS.

Held no water then, holds no water today.

Some of your right wing folks are total loons.

Ahh, the drive by shilling.

So, you probably think I am mad that my candidate lost. So, I'm just a sore loser posting inflammatory right wing propaganda.

Nope. Believe it or not I was very against the neocons, and couldn't stand McCain. You can check some of the stuff I have posted in the past, but that would be a lot of work for you. You seem allergic to research, so I wouldn't really expect you to attempt to understand this.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I hope this is the correct way to post. When I attended Drake University

Robert Welch was discussed in labor class. His vision was labor and management were two arms of productivity and needed to work together. He was in the service a while, Navy?, and got out. His idea of business was different than what was taught, that labor was a commodity to be used up and discarded when used up.
John Birch was the last American killed in the Korean War.
Mr. Welch started the Welch candy company , from class: consumers would go to the store purchase his product and consume it.
He was on the Japan air liner that a Russian plane shot down because it strayed over Russian land. This was in the 1970's,if I remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
One of you pointed out that communism is dead or not longer a threat. The speech you are hearing fits todays environment exactly. Half was recorded in 1958 and the other half in 1974. If you payed close attention, it tells you that. It amazes me that a 1958 speech can such a spot-on snapshoot of today. The stooges are now in place and the game has begun.

Communism is doing well inside the United States as one of their stooges is prancing around as the President. With hard-core leftist comrades running the show in congress, they are finding that brainwashing in the age of the internet is very difficult. They can't seem to pull the wool over our eyes so easily. Watchout for the dirty tricks to begin, like changing laws to help them get their way. Lying isn't working anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by at3507

Are you kidding? Wow, I did not know that! That is one heck of a coincidence if true, I am now going to find out.............

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In the 1960s, Welch began to believe that even the Communists were not the top level of his perceived conspiracy and began saying that Communism was just a front for a Master Conspiracy, which had roots in the Illuminati; the essay "The Truth in Time" is an example[1]. He referred to the Conspirators as "The Insiders," seeing them mainly in internationalist financial and business families such as the Rothschilds and Rockefellers, and organizations such as the Bilderbergers, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Trilateral Commission. He did avoid the anti-Semitism, anti-Masonry, and anti-Catholicism of other Conspiracy theorists, saying that such prejudices would "neutralize" anti-Communist, anti-Conspiracy efforts; in fact, according to one source, Welch converted to Catholicism in the months before his death.[3] Welch was the editor and publisher of the monthly magazine American Opinion and the weekly "The Review of the News". He also wrote The Road to Salesmanship (1941), May God Forgive Us (1951), "The Politician" (about Eisenhower) and The Life of John Birch (1954). A collection of his essays were also edited into a book "The New Americanism".

Welch was married to Marian Probert Welch and had two sons. He died on January 6, 1985. James Welch, who had publicly distanced himself from his brother's political views, died less than a month later.

en.wikipedia.org...

Korean Air Lines Flight 007 (KAL 007, KE 007[Notes 2]) was a Korean Air Lines civilian airliner that was shot down by Soviet jet interceptors on September 1, 1983 over the Sea of Japan,[Notes 3] just west of Sakhalin island over prohibited Soviet airspace. All 269 passengers and crew aboard were killed, including Lawrence McDonald, a sitting member of the United States Congress. The aircraft was en route from New York City via Anchorage to Seoul when it strayed into prohibited Soviet airspace because of a navigational error.

Welch was not killed on KAL 007. If that is the incident in question.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
did you see the other video, the girl who stopped the world for 5 mins.

www.youtube.com...

its a one worlder, view... or a commie view ... depends on how you
take it... me Its the way it should have been from the beginning ...
but as long as money is involved. I'll stick to me guns and glory. thank you very much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join