It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH is going on the last few days.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The area I live in has been a hotspot for unexplainable F-16 low flyovers and patrols and helicopter flyovers for as long as I live.

The last few days, F16 have been flying over at heights ranging from 150 foot(wich is bloody low for jet flyovers in habitated area's) to 500 foot several times per day and mostly during nightfall and nighttime.

Military helicopters have been flying over usualy about an hour after the jets passed.

We do have several airforce bases around here, including Kleine Brogel Airforce base (where the US has an arsenal of weapons and warheads stashed).

But the standard training schedules and methods are never low flyovers(they have huge 100 km� fields to do that over) and training flights are never accompany'd by helicopters an hour later.

I wouldn't make a big fuss about it if it wasn't for the matter they keep waking me up in the middle of the night!!!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Strange you say that,I live out on the west coast and recently say two f-16's flying wingtip to wingtip in formation over a residential neighborhood,and they were so low that the trees whipped in their wake as they screamed by.It was an awesome sight,but highly unusual,as it is the only time I have ever seem them even remotely that low to the ground,and I have never seen them fly over that particular area.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here in Georgia everything is green. Saw a low flying helicopter but i think it was comercial. Still unusual for her as all you mostly see are high altiude jets and crop dusters. Another dull day so far.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You dont happen to live in Mexico? They have lots of activity down there these days!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is the second thread started about increased activity. There has DEFINETLY been more activity, compared to what it's usually like, even though I live less than 5 miles away from a AFB. But YES, I've definetly noticed a change.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
You dont happen to live in Mexico? They have lots of activity down there these days!

Look under my name :p I live in belgium.

Happens to be I live in a 20km radius area of a Belgian/US airforce base here in belgium.

Its been nuts last few days. Today I've seen awacs(those big plump radar planes) F-16's at low altitude and usualy a while later then the jets you get military helicopters fly over the area.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
waking you up in the middle of the night. no way man. get on the phone and start for compensation.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe they are practicing for an air show or something...i know thats whats goin on around here....

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I started a thread a while back on this very same topic, because I noticed too alot of not only frequent military flights, but an unusual assortment of planes, not commonly seen in the skies by where I live. Read it, and youll find out that people everywhere have reported ALOT of activity in the skies.

Your case is of great interest to me, seeing how you live in Europe. A friend of mine in the Ukraine has also reported alot of Russian military activity in the skies. As have other people elsewhere in Europe.

My first guess would be the addition of 10 new member states of the EU, all of them on Russia's doorstep, has spiked anti NATO paranoia by the Russians, and perhaps, paranoia on our side as well. Or maybe we are doing something to scare the Russians. Thats about all i can think of really, on the surface.

There could of course be other thinsg happening were not seeing.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
while living near some military bases back in 1999 i heard alot of activity in the skies late at night. a few days later there was action in the middle east (when isn�t there) maybe something�s going to happen. i think it�s generally a good indication when military bases show heightened activity, and one of the reasons i come to ats. cause you lot know your stuff. always good to be one step ahead.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Activity has increased where I live (Northern Virginia). For the past few weeks a military helicopter flies directly over my house at 3:00am. I've been able to make out it's color, when there is moonlight, its definately black. I just can't make out the model. I'd say its only about 150 feet above my house when it does it's flyovers.

Quantico marine base is only a few miles away from where I live. I have also seen an increase in F-16 flyovers. But, I suppose all of this is to be expected since I only live about 25-30 miles from DC.

[Edited on 5-13-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I live on the other side of D.C. in northern PG County (also north of andrews and east of bolling), and I have also noticed a large increase in traffic over the last two months it seems... Normally in the weeks leading up to the air show at andrews you see a little pick up in jet and helicopter activity, but nothing compared to what we've been seeing here.

Most unusual sites i've seen was an f-14 fly over (which you don't see much here..mainly f-16's and c130s) and a military chinook taking off from somewhere in the Beltsville Agricultural Complex.

top topics

join