It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is one sided

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...karma has a wicked sense of humor, huh?...

Karma applies to the individual if I'm not mistaken.

I don't pay for your actions and you don't pay for mine.

Anyway as far as the thread goes, as long as there is no balance there will be no peace. Nature is funny that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote

Originally posted by Seventh
"African-American"

That's something else that bugs me. Why not just 'American'? Why do people have to be specially segregated in these terms? Most the people called this weren't even born in Africa, and probably their last few generations weren't either.

You don't really see that in other countries do you? You don't have African-German, or African-British do you?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am White....I HATE racism in any form. I have seen blacks be racist towards whites and I have seen whites be racist to blacks. It disgusts me, but it will go on and on until...well it will just go on and on

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kansas8freetime

Agreed, sad but true!

tsom87

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I know - how dare they have support groups for victims of crime - what about people who haven't been raped or bashed !!! HOW UNFAIR IS THAT ! ?!

Oh and how about reconstruction projects and aid programs in Africa where BLACK people are getting help as they starve, are dispossessed of their land, are victims of war and stuff - HOW RACIST IS THAT !?!

I mean - come on why is that whenever there is a minority in a society who gets picked on, ostracized, humiliated, discriminated against, bullied, as is teh victim of racist bile and puerile hatred we have to ALLOW THEM TO FORM A SUPPORT GROUP made up of their own members - I mean HOW DARE BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A BLACK GROUP -

you people are faridinkum retarded sometimes.

Hoping our resident clown electricUniverse can chip in here with some insightful google searches - electric - your intellectual rigor is required here for some amusement -

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Woah. Calm down, Audas.

Originally posted by audas
I know - how dare they have support groups for victims of crime - what about people who haven't been raped or bashed !!! HOW UNFAIR IS THAT ! ?!

Victims of crimes have nothing to do with race. We are talking racial discrimenation here.

Oh and how about reconstruction projects and aid programs in Africa where BLACK people are getting help as they starve, are dispossessed of their land, are victims of war and stuff - HOW RACIST IS THAT !?!

It has nothing to do with black people being there. It has to do with a war torn poverty stricken nation. Once again, color has no bearing what so ever on the circumstances.

I mean - come on why is that whenever there is a minority in a society who gets picked on, ostracized, humiliated, discriminated against, bullied, as is teh victim of racist bile and puerile hatred we have to ALLOW THEM TO FORM A SUPPORT GROUP made up of their own members - I mean HOW DARE BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A BLACK GROUP -

And this is where racism comes in. It is encouraging segregation under a positive PC light. Guess what, it is still segregation. Because we insist on treating "minorities" as different instead of the same, we are encouraging racism to go on.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
pride is one hell of a drug

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

It appears you do not understand Irony -

Whatever - the only reason you see racism here is because YOUR A RACIST !

The black folk in the force are, whether you can get your head around it, a huge minority that have endured decades of institutionalized racism - there is not a person of integrity who would begrudge them this simple platitude - seriously - you live in a world where whites have massacred and oppressed all other nations and races for the better part of a thousand years - and you think it unfair to have these guys form a support group - your a racist mate.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by audas]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Then can you please explain how your statement isn't racist against whites?

This is what I am against - the double standard. You can make the accusations all you want, but I did not do the oppressing, the pillaging, etc. Why should I pay the price for what other people's ancestors did?

All you have done is prove the OPs point.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If we were smart the Human Race would stop it's bickereing between "Illusory" Seperate races, when we need to band together and fight the very real threat, those that aren't human...but this is how they keep us from seeing who they are. The reptilian shapeshifters are really the ones we should be fighting!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Have a look at this site.........

www.365black.com...

At McDonald's®, we believe that African-American culture and achievement should be celebrated 365 days a year — not just during Black History Month. That's the idea behind 365Black.com

A major corp having a "separate" website specifically aimed directly at a specific race of people. Is this racism by exclusion?

I guess the obvious question is if there were a site 365white.com, what would the reaction be. But, I notice when ever the reverse is put on the table, it is always either unjustly ignored or discounted with comments like every month is white history month etc etc etc... But this is fallacy, there is very very few openly "white only" orgs and generally they are thought of as racist orgs. Where any other "race" is able to have openly "their race only" orgs and they are more or less commended.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

you live in a world where whites have massacred and oppressed all other nations and races for the better part of a thousand years

So how long would you like to play this card? Another 1000 years?

Positive Discrimination = Racism

Anyone fed up of filling in those little boxes saying what colour you are on application forms?
Apparently it's to show everyone that they have a nice percentage of "ethnicity" in the company. What is this? Poker?

Applying for a job? You want to know my expertise, You want to know my skills, You don't need to know my colour.

[edit on 24/8/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Blame your grandpa and daddy for this one.... And I am only semi-joking. Slavery was far in the past, but bigotry is not.

Voting Rights Act was passed in 1967. That is 42 years ago.. not that freakin' long ago
Civil Rights Act was 1965. Again not that long ago
Tuskegee Experiment of the 50s- Used people like lab rats

These people that went through that # are still alive. You think their kids and grandkids are not going to hear the story.

You think little Palestinian kids are going to immediately love Israelis. Hell No. Its going to take generations of non-violence for history to start fading away.

You think people can be #ted on for 400 years and when you say no more, its all fine and dandy. Wake the hell up. People abused in the 60s are alive and well and their kids are alive and well.

Every useful politician that stood for equal rights from Bobby Kennedy to Malcolm X was taken out. You forced people to not learn to read and write, then say OK, we will let you learn from these old ass #ty textbooks, but you should be OK. You should average the same on the SAT as everyone else. Its equal, we all have textbooks no matter how much better one if them is. I was lucky I got to go to all White and Black schools, and let me say, my White school had up to date books, computers, a film class with actual cameras, and freakin' homec. A music class with instruments, a far superior lunch cafeteria that sold edible food, and gyms with actual weightlifting equipment. Most classes had two sets of textbooks, one for the house and one to stay at school.

While 10 miles South, textbooks didn't arive until one month after school started. All of them had pages torn out and were written on. The school had no computer lab, and I wish film class had a camera. In gym class we walked the track, because we had no equipment, and music class. I can't count how many times we had two to a textbook that did not go home, because we had 20 books for a class of 35. No homework because we don't have books to go home with. Maybe cool to a kid, but disgusting to any parent. But everyone is suppossed to be equal and do just fine. BS

I was lucky because I got to see both sides of the coin and one side is truly getting shafted and it isn't yours. So the race card is abused at time, but the abuse coming from the other side is much more subtle and is disenfranchising generation after generation, leaving one side with the upper hand in everything but athleticism. If your black, you might actually get a scholarship to a good school if you are good enough in a sport. What kind of motivation is that.

Nobody is excusing racism, but it certainly isn't one-sided. I'm calling BS on this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
humanity is old enough to know better than crap like this.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yah, it's about time us whities got f'ed over.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Very well stated..

By the way, I always check em all, as who am I to say what is in my past?
I can only go back a few hundred years.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...karma has a wicked sense of humor, huh?...

...to those who whined about my statement or claimed they didnt understand it or that it confused them - get a dictionary and look up the word "satire"... btw, what planet are you humorless people really from?...

...next - the bus story in the op... a question for you, haydn_17... on the (very shaky) premise that the bus story has a basis in reality, tell me why you couldnt be a gentleman and give the lady your seat?... i bet if she'd been someone you thought was cute or that you could get lucky with, you would have jumped out of your seat like a jack in the box... why didnt any of the other males on the bus offer the lady their seat?... were you and the man who got kicked off the bus the only white men on the bus and all the dark skinned men just sat there and didnt offer their seat to the lady?... it was all a racially motivated conspiracy, huh?... opinion: none of your thinly veiled scenarios ever happened and you need to stop hanging around the uk version of the kkk - end of...

...next...

Originally posted by badgerprints
Karma applies to the individual if I'm not mistaken.
I don't pay for your actions and you don't pay for mine.

...we pay for each other's actions all the time...

...ie: a criminal gets put in prison, we get to pay for that...

...ie: someone refuses to work and support their children, someone else has to pay for the support of those kids...

...ie: what about the bailout here?... none of that is my fault but i get to pay for it, as do my kids and lots of others who had no say-so...

...ie: a drunk decides to drive and hurts or kills people that had no control over the drunk but who get to pay for his bad choices anyway...

...ie: an apartment catches on fire because the resident went to sleep with a lit cigarette in their hand and the blaze also destroys other apartments and displaces people who had no control over the smoker's actions but get to pay for it anyway...

Anyway as far as the thread goes, as long as there is no balance there will be no peace. Nature is funny that way.

...agreed - no balance = no peace - but - i dont think human nature is the culprit... i think blaming the nature of our species is a lie told by those who profit from war - and - the lie is believed by those who benefit from the trickling down of the profits made off of war - and - thats another example of humans having to pay for the actions of scum and scumsuckers...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join