It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts & Theory on Lost Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was playing a stratgey war game... and I got to thinking. A lot of our human ancestry is hidden from us... The U.S. just stated they may not return to the moon in the near future. I got mad at this because of the implications that it could mean for NEW KNOWLEDGE.

As i was thinking about all of that I was thinking about our government, how corrupt it is, why our species isnt progressing, and how annoying all of that is. The question that really got me though was this... Why is the Government hiding our ancestry from us? Or did the Government do something so horriffic to the ancients that they do not want anyone to KNOW what TRUELY happened? I think The Governments of the past did do something horrible... and i think they may do it again, thus why nobody knows.

Well I dont actually go around thinking it... just a theory I came up with.

Another thing that leads me to believe this is that there was another thread posted about a video on the discovery channel, so i watched it... and they made a very valid point about an ancient runway that was in peru, there was a large flat mountain but NOWHERE else were the mountains flat, they all had their peaks...

This suggests to me that technology was excelling at the time, While the Technology was flourishing... why would it cease to exist? What did the symbologies in the desert mean? Why in Egyptian carvings are there so many anomalies?

For an advanced species to have died off... and left their traces behind... Maybe they left to planet to colonize a new one? Or maybe we are the by product of 2 species breeding and they went on to their next creation...?! Who knows. Has anyone else ever wondered about the above?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Hey, good question...

Personally I think that it is possible that humans are descendants of an ET race from long ago. For some reason, likely war, most of the knowledge was lost and is just now being re-learnt. Of course this is only my personal opinion.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Good to see you back around JK(Rog).

So do you think we could be the decendants of the"grays" or something like that? Yeah i've thought that we are the remnants of a great war and we have lost touch with the truth. But to me i see it as we are moving towards more ignorance than more truth, as these religious wars are being fought (and can that be more of a redundant sentence??!). I fear for our species, i just figure knowing the truth of our ancestry will lead us down the right path instead of the wrong one. Maybe one day we will get more anwsers. I like your theory tho Bro- Hope all is well!

[edit on 23-8-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Personally I think we are possibly descendants of a more human-like race, like the species reportedly called Lyrans, Pleadians, etc. While those are still highly speculative, personally I do feel there is some truth in them (and no, not from Billy Meier). Of course much more evidence is needed before that theory can be taken past pure conjecture. Nice to chat with you again friend, I haven't been by that other thread in a while, been kinda busy with other things at the moment.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Ok, so let me ask this because as I was thinking about your post and I remembered that the Human Skeleton and one of the monkey skeletons were almost a complete identical match. The big differences being in the way the muscles evolved and the bones with them...I like the question of how come they are still the same
. But anyways... So do you think we could have been genetically modified with another species' DNA and a type of Monkeys' DNA?

I dont believe that we were evolved from monkeys, but I do believe we have some form of ties to them. I mean one really cool interesting fact is how humans share many DNA traits with the Animals on this earth, but yet all the species are unique to themselves. I dunno.

I think there was deffinately Alien Intervention at some point, but I deffinately also think something catastrophic happened.

I need to do a little more research on Radon, but i've always wondered where it came from and why there is so much of it. (my belief in a form of nuclear war perhaps?).

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sure, I should have been a little more specific..

I personally believe that whatever original species it was, they also came from a species very similar to a primate (I believe in evolution AND God btw). I believe that we see similar types of life throughout the Universe, of course there are differences and some kinds that are totally different but I think that there should be a lot of 'repeat evolutions', those which follow a very similar path as Earth due to similar conditions like planet size, star size, etc. Of course there are some differences due to probability and such. This is only my personal theory however and could be wrong....

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ive always thought and still think that we are not the first civilization on this planet.

It takes what... 150 years for a building to crumble to rubble without regular maintenance. 10,000 years for plastic?

I think weve been here before, we just keep getting wiped out and then we eventually repopulate and start the cycle over. I mean think about it. If all of a sudden we had to go back to tribal communities due to some global catastrophe, trigonometry, geometry, science, computers - after 2 generations of living in a cave that would all be lost except for those who had the resources to keep a hold of it - they would become to powerful, the new leaders.

Let's say 3 generations have passed, a group of people show up in your tribe with things youve never seen before, a weird square thing with drawings and pictures in it. an assault rifle being used as a spiritual sceptre, wed dry meat on the abandoned super highways, paint the skyscrapers with huge goblin tiki's (
)

I think the great mythical flood was our last undoing. Thats why it persists in so many legends. before that, could have been a meteor, or maybe its a 10,000 year cycle, who knows.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

thats actually very interesting.

I used to have another theory that there was a creator... He created something, and because of the power of creation, life just flourished and flourished and so forth. Eventually beings became highly intelligent, tried to find out where they came from (as all beings want to know their true creation, look at young kids who find out they were adopted for instance). So forth and so forth, and then their is negative energy... destruction... its natural but occuring and it wipes out civilization after civilization by means of natural timing (suns exploding etc).

So in essence the creator created something, creation began, destruction is the yang on the creators yin and all species throughout the universe seek the creator and seek to understand how we came to be, who we are etc. Some species make it to other planets, some do not, life is well balanced (as there is a balance to everything).

Thats one theory I've had, but what it does no answer is the true spiritual self, how come we do not understand the spiritual energy within us, how to use it etc.

edit to add

The Flood... :-D Good point, I have always thought the stories of flooding in the creation stories holds a deep rooted secret... or an inevitable truth... but as the chinese say, the balance of the 4 elements.. (or 5). So last was flood, next is wind or fire...
or maybe when destruction is upon us, it destructs on all forms?!

[edit on 23-8-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I often wonder the same things.

Personally, I believe we were here long before modern science accepts. There is evidence found on Malta of a vastly older Humanoid race, capable of building incredible structures.
I also think that during this time another race visited and communicated with us, or perhaps just watched us, but that we knew they were here. As seen in ancient Human artefacts.

But I also believe that there was some kind of cataclysm.

I've followed the ideas proposed by Graham Hancock, that something happened to shift the Earth's crust, or to simply knock the axis of our planet just enough.
I also read somewhere that it is proven and accepted that the magnetic field of the Earth swaps poles.

And more recently I have read about the existence of another planet said to pass by the Earth.

Interestingly, I also recall that all of these separate things are estimated to happen every 30.000 years or so.

So, I have seen three different ideas recently, that all seem to tie in together, and all seem to have a similar cycle.

Therefore, I believe it is possible that another planet is due to pass by Earth, as it has done many times before (every 30.000 years or so?), that its presence then impacts on our planet causing a shift in the axis, which in turn causes the magnetic poles to shift (or perhaps the poles don't shift but the mantle of the Earth does?!)

This raises a new proposal though...
What if there is life on the passing planet, and that this is perhaps why we see evidence of them having visited at the same periods of chaos in history?
Perhaps our species only meet when our planets are close at this period?

And we have to wonder if they are a help or a hindrance at this time too.

I guess I'll never know any of this, until that planet appears, and its inhabitants come down amid the chaos to say hello.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So Basically all 3 of you believe that there are Aliens or other species in the Universe (which is like DUH) but the Government does not admit to there being aliens and they deny UFO incidents. Who was it Mexico and England that started releasing their documentation? After hiding the really good stuff no doubt. If you are wondering why the U.S. just gave mexico 2 billion dollars for "Combating drugs in the drug war" lol get a life. I bet mexico tried to blackmail the U.S. Maybe not, i could be wrong.

The other conclusion is that we are more than likely the species or a hybrid species of the ones that came to earth. Thats quite a lot to think about.

new topics

top topics

join