It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 year old Girl burns Golly (doll) at BNP festival

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrey1701

Yeah I noticed she didn't actually burn the doll. Looked like she tried to though and missed the fire. Or at least that's what I thought happened.

There's no way anyone can blame the little girl even if she did burn the doll. Children are what they are raised to be IMO.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Please don`t insult me for not taking a sensationalist account from the News of The World at face value. It may be true, it may be a complete fabrication. I have no proof either way - do you?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

So what you are saying is that this never happened? Are those pictures fake?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrey1701

Please don`t insult me for not taking a sensationalist account from the News of The World at face value. It may be true, it may be a complete fabrication. I have no proof either way - do you?

Prove it's a fabrication, evidence has been presented so feel free to debunk it in a scientific and logical manner.

Going by previous evidence from a vast range of sources I would say that this is almost certain to have been genuine, maybe with the actual article's wording being over-dramatised though - but hey, it sells and that's the sole reason for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have no other proof other that the article from far from the most reliable newspaper in the UK, and why would I want to believe anything that the News of the World has to tell me.

And what is the agenda of the reporter and the newspaper?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thought I'd just pick this apart some more while I'm here:

I`m not going to comment on the BNP per se, but I think 2 things should be pointed out

1 - the 12 year old girl ISN`T burning the doll if you take the time to actually watch the video

She did say, "OK, I'm doing it now" and dropped the doll on the fire to which cries of "Noooooo, not yet" and the like went up - at which point the doll is removed from the fire and the politician starts his racist tirade.

2 - this is the News of The World...not exactly renowned for their objective and honest journalism. I`d not take anything reported by them as gospel truth

While hardly the most high-brow publication do you remember the Max Mosley (FIA president) "S&M Nazi orgy scandal"? Yeah, it was the News of the World who broke that one too and they were absolutely correct.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Prove it's a fabrication, evidence has been presented so feel free to debunk it in a scientific and logical manner.

Going by previous evidence from a vast range of sources I would say that this is almost certain to have been genuine, maybe with the actual article's wording being over-dramatised though - but hey, it sells and that's the sole reason for it.

As I stated above I have no proof either way, just a report in the News of The World - not the most respected tabloid in existence.

There`s nothing for me to debunk. I have no reason to and honestly I don`t particularly care either way: it may be exactly as the NOTW reported and that the poor quality, badly shot, shaky video in the middle of A field SOMEWHERE is exactly where the newspaper says it was taken - but how do you know for sure?

I base my political ideals and choices on what I choose, not what some rag says I should think. If I choose to follow and support a particular political agenda it`s MY decision based upon my ideals, not some knee jerk reaction

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So I don't know much about politics and groups and whatnot. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what/where the BNP is? (I've got an arm brace on my dominant hand so typing/clicking is a pain... really)

But when I read that it sounds a lot like KKK/American White Supremacist stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
So I don't know much about politics and groups and whatnot. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what/where the BNP is? (I've got an arm brace on my dominant hand so typing/clicking is a pain... really)

But when I read that it sounds a lot like KKK/American White Supremacist stuff.

British National Party - as you suggested, a white supremacist organization

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
the BNP are always slated in papers and never given credit for giving alot of people belief that they can get their country back to the normal state of what it was.

A powerful and proud place

It maybe the wrong way to vote ect but something needs to change and you cant blame the public wanting chance to change things.

Also I think there of many BNP Members who just want blacks muslims out the UK,

Not that i am a member but i do want england back as i said it was before powerful and proud.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Kindly point out where it states "Do not vote BNP". Do they then try to sell you an alternative political party? As far as I can see they have actually done a decent job as journalists for a change and reported on a story that anyone contemplating voting for the BNP should be shown. Just stamping your feet, burying your head in the sand wailing "but how do you know for sure" is about as weak an argument as you can get. You've yet to give one valid reason as to why this story is not true. How do I know that you are not the BNP politician in the video? How do you know the world isn't flat? How do you know life isn't just one gigantic hallucination?

There is everything for you to debunk if you are claiming that the article is a fabrication. In fact, I suspect you have an agenda yourself when you imply the girl did not attempt to burn the doll herself when she clearly did.

On a side note the starring of the off-topic rant about South Africa is probably a good indication that ATS is fast becoming the conspiratorial equivalent of Stormfront - would anybody like to point out the relevance of that post to the news article?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Hiya Raven, there's a few videos on YT if just search "BNP." I'm fairly opposed to their policies and don't want to just link a video that proves me right. Not every BNP voter is an ignorant racist. They offer some attractive policies to working class Brits. The thing is, it can't be one thing without the other...'repatriation' of non-whites is the underlying principle behind their formation. They also connect to Combat 18, a white power paramilitary wannabe organisation. The 18 stands for Hitler's initials. Also the National Front...skinheaded thugs and idiots. A bad bunch. They all have wiki pages.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Is it a political party? Does it run in elections?

Thanks for your help =)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Is it a political party? Does it run in elections?

Thanks for your help =)

Yes (though many claim illegitimate) and yes.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Kindly point out where it states "Do not vote BNP". Do they then try to sell you an alternative political party? As far as I can see they have actually done a decent job as journalists for a change and reported on a story that anyone contemplating voting for the BNP should be shown. Just stamping your feet, burying your head in the sand wailing "but how do you know for sure" is about as weak an argument as you can get. You've yet to give one valid reason as to why this story is not true. How do I know that you are not the BNP politician in the video? How do you know the world isn't flat? How do you know life isn't just one gigantic hallucination?

There is everything for you to debunk if you are claiming that the article is a fabrication. In fact, I suspect you have an agenda yourself when you imply the girl did not attempt to burn the doll herself when she clearly did.

On a side note the starring of the off-topic rant about South Africa is probably a good indication that ATS is fast becoming the conspiratorial equivalent of Stormfront - would anybody like to point out the relevance of that post to the news article?

Oh dear, an agenda indeed. Please do me the courtesy of reading what I ACTUALLY say, not what you imagine I say:

I didn`t say the girl didn`t attempt to burn the doll because she clearly failed to do so. The so-called politician who passed the `sentencing` burned it didn`t he?

As I previously stated it could well be real - my point is not to allow yourself to be led by the nose into believing 1 side just because a Sunday Tabloid claims it to be so. Or do you suppose everything they publish is 100% accurate?

This is the second time you have insulted me now, by suggesting I am the ignorant racist in question on the video. Previously you called me stupid. This is a conspiracy website where people are allowed their own opinion - or so I thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Well that's a bummer.

Doesn't seem like burning racially diverse dolls is a good way to gain support, but you never know these days.

I'll check into it more when I can type normally and am not in pain

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Your right about burning things are not the correct way to gain support

The correct way is fair TV advertising and attention they dont get that tho.

Also would this of been such a issue if the Golly doll was as it was orginally perceived as not racist but still black.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

There is a big difference between "don't be stupid" and "you are stupid" - if you cannot distinguish between the two then it's your problem, not mine. You are also perfectly entitled to your own opinion but do not expect anyone to take you seriously or not pick apart your postings if you do not add evidence and/or reasoning alongside it... I wish you the best of luck here as I think you might need it.

Back on track somewhat: shall we talk degrees (pardon the pun) of burning? Logic dictates that the doll would have suffered some form of damage from the heat, therefore "12 year old girl burns Golly" would be perfectly correct however minor the damage. If we wanted to be explicit we could say something like, "Golly incinerated by BNP politician after 12 year old girl throws it on a fire to burn it previously" but it's not quite as attention grabbing or coherent, is it?

I hardly believe every single thing the News of the World publishes either but I have no reason to doubt this story. As I said, please debunk it if you wish your thus far empty rhetoric to be taken into account properly.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
The correct way is fair TV advertising and attention they dont get that tho.

They've run political broadcasts on TV many times and the reason for the lack of non-critical attention boils down to what they are: far-right racists and Nazis hiding behind a thin veil of legitimacy. Surprisingly (or not) this article we are discussing seems to support that theory.

Also would this of been such a issue if the Golly doll was as it was orginally perceived as not racist but still black.

In short, yes. Burning an effigy of a black person while making those pretty disgusting comments is always going to be an issue.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

1 - the 12 year old girl ISN`T burning the doll if you take the time to actually watch the video
2 - this is the News of The World...not exactly renowned for their objective and honest journalism. I`d not take anything reported by them as gospel truth

I'm quoting the above well said post just in case anyone skipped past it. The 'News Of The World' always stir up sensationalist headlines for maximum effect, this newspaper is scum. They do the same thing with muslim headlines, this newspaper absolutely loves stirring the pot.

Keep your dignity and boycott scummy press.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join