It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: "Almost everybody was naked all the time." Shocking Sexual Pics of Lynddie England

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
everyone is rushing to judgement on this situation. The big deal is being made about Ms. England, because of her denial and active, willing participation in the scandal. The first person to be court marshalled was one of the men. There is much more to come and there will be higher uppers involved, incrimminated and the spot light will shift from Ms England to someone else. Have patience and allow Ms. England to get the spotlight she so much deserves.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Um, read above posts. read context of post.

It was a joke.

I'm sorry I took it out of context. I read another post agreeing with you I guess I missed tone of the post. Sorry.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
All of this is yet another reason women should not be in the military at all.

Period.

Now that was sexist statement. Are you generalizing or do you really think this? All blacks are criminals, all whites are racist, and all women are not fit for duty? That kind of stuff?

I'm not generalizing at all. I really mean it, wholeheartedly.

I have no problem with them in the military, just keep them far from the battlefield.

I mean, not even in the damn country.

It has nothing to do with women being fit for duty, or being whores, because that would not be true. I've known some fine military women.

But truth be told, the American society is just not ready for it. We are social barbarians. This is only one example. If you asked people on the street who Lynddie England is, many would know, but then ask for the name of ONE of the other people (i.e. the men). I can bet that the margin that know just one other name would be fairly small if even measurable.

Example Two - Jessica Lynch. I wish she would just curl up and die for the Bull that went on with her. SHE EVEN GOT A STUPID TV MOVIE. Which was crap, bogus, propaganda.

How many other males were captured? Many don't know.

People complain, but it's the media that is Cro-Magnon in nature.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have a link located in Spain that claims it has some unreleased photos from various prisons in Iraq. They are very sexual/humiliating in nature. Am I allowed to do this?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me who/where the 1600 photo's congress is looking at came from? Did soldiers just turn over their pics or were they seized as part of the investigation or were they from somewhere else entirely?

Thanks

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dpglow
Can anyone tell me who/where the 1600 photo's congress is looking at came from? Did soldiers just turn over their pics or were they seized as part of the investigation or were they from somewhere else entirely?

Thanks

I haven't seen or heard too much on the origins of "real" pics. I believe it is a combination of some being turned in and others perhaps siezed in the investigation.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I have no problem with them in the military, just keep them far from the battlefield

Why do you refer to womens as ( them) ? we have a gender we are the female in the human species and history tells that without women the male of the species will not survive.

And for the sex pics from spain if I was you I ask a moderator if you can post a link

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
I have a link located in Spain that claims it has some unreleased photos from various prisons in Iraq. They are very sexual/humiliating in nature. Am I allowed to do this?

I'm so glad I waited to post before a Mod gave me direction! Before the Mod even replied, I read the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You ATS!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now, then why US is making such a big deal about this so call abuse alegations why they are specifically concentrating on burning this woman?

It seems to me that because some islamic groups are so hateful toward womens, the males leaders in this country are showing that they can be hateful toward womens to.

The people in the US that are making such a big deal about this are the ones with a political agenda; they want to see the Bush administration overthrown and will take every opportunity to embarass him. The majority of the US thinks the outrage is overblown way out of proportion.

The majority of the outrage is from the rest of the world; US haters, both in the mideast and in the UK and Autralia and other places. They have the same agenda, to overthrow Bush, but they also wish to see the US destroyed despite their cya wishes for "humanity".

Your conclusion that "the males leaders in this country are showing that they can be hateful toward womens to" is mistaken. Ms. England is being tried for her role in the events at Abu Ghraib, not because of her sex. She is not the only, nor the first, to be tried for her participation. She was a willing participant; she is now trying to say that she was only following orders, and she is trying to use her sex as a sympathy defense.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Actually jsobecky, the majority of Americans are outraged over this and want to find out who is responsible, where the break-down occured.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Um, read above posts. read context of post.

It was a joke.

I'm sorry I took it out of context. I read another post agreeing with you I guess I missed tone of the post. Sorry.

My sense of humor sometimes escapes people, eprhaps because its rather twisted.

Anyway, this soldier is a skank. She violated a #load of military regs regarding fraternization and moral behavior, that alone should get her a list of charges thrown her way. Her bahavior is a bad example, and her higher ups, who should have been monitoring this # better, should also hang. But this is a reserve unit.

This is an example of the total decline in morale and morality Ive been trying to tell you guys about. One good reason I opposed the war: I iknew damn well our military was in no shape, post Clinton, to go overseas and fight. Not as we were standing then, and definitely not now.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Actually jsobecky, the majority of Americans are outraged over this and want to find out who is responsible, where the break-down occured.

I think what is obvious is that the upper levels need scape goats... plenty of them. I mean if you believe the the Red Cross, in their statements then some in upper command authority had to know. I am sure the prison was not being run and supervised by Sgts and below... there were definately alot of ranks involed... basically is is cover your butt time...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

This is an example of the total decline in morale and morality Ive been trying to tell you guys about. One good reason I opposed the war: I iknew damn well our military was in no shape, post Clinton, to go overseas and fight. Not as we were standing then, and definitely not now.

I am oppose to the war too, but we have to remember this were reservist not active duty militaries, I was a military wife for 23 years until my husband retairement as a marine, and I saw corroption during that time but the punishment was high, now just like my husband says the military is not the same now soldiers can get away we almost anything, and even can sue for charges. My husband says that he retaired at the right time, honor was an issue in the military and the code of conduct was high but not anymore. You are right the clinton administration down grade the military in my oppinion.

And I have to say this is a great thread, we need more of this.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I have no problem with them in the military, just keep them far from the battlefield

Why do you refer to womens as ( them) ? we have a gender we are the female in the human species and history tells that without women the male of the species will not survive.

them ( P )

pron. The objective case of they.

Used as the direct object of a verb: We saw them at the conference.
Used as the indirect object of a verb: We gave them a round of applause.
Used as the object of a preposition: This letter is addressed to them.

They is a common pronoun last time I checked. Should I cease use of "him", "her", "they", "he" and "she" now?

As for the rest, I doubt anyone has any idea what you are talking about. It is completely irrelevant and palpably obvious.

I've found having a point works. You should really try it sometime, it'll do wonders to your posts.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I've found having a point works. You should really try it sometime, it'll do wonders to your posts.

And what's your point? Sexism? How about some racism on the side? This story comes out and you think all women serving in the military are like this, and base you reasoning on that?

Like I said yesterday...pretty much like saying all crime is caused by blacks, due to my stereo being stolen by a black person.

I guess since you might not catch it, my point is you're pretty generalistic, sexist, and narrow minded. Not to mention I know women who have served in the Gulf and they certainly have more integrity than some people.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

TeI guess since you might not catch it, my point is you're pretty generalistic, sexist, and narrow minded. Not to mention I know women who have served in the Gulf and they certainly have more integrity than some people. xt

Amen to that.

Now that ms. england, has been trash, and exposed I can not wait what they will do to the others that are as guilty, that happend to be males.

I imagine that KrazyJethro, will defend them, because they are they same gender obviously KrazyJethro's never was told to respect womans in general.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

And what's your point? Sexism? How about some racism on the side? This story comes out and you think all women serving in the military are like this, and base you reasoning on that?

Like I said yesterday...pretty much like saying all crime is caused by blacks, due to my stereo being stolen by a black person.

I guess since you might not catch it, my point is you're pretty generalistic, sexist, and narrow minded. Not to mention I know women who have served in the Gulf and they certainly have more integrity than some people.

First Zedd, I've always been cool with you, so I'm not really sure why you are reading past my words to conclude things that aren't there.

Second, you should have read her post. It was vacuous in it's attempt at a quip.

Third, there is nothing sexist about pointing out something with regards to society.

We as a society are not entirely happy that men get beaten and killed. But we are not ready to have women POWs be raped, beaten, etc. The public outcry on one woman getting raped by the enemy would be huge.

For a man? Not so much. So if you think that is sexist then fine, but I don't.

By the way, when I served in the Marine Corps I knew women that served along side me in the Navy. I had no problem with them.

By the shear fact that the Marine Corps (this is a totally different subject BTW) has as a motto "Every officer is an infantry officer and every Marine is an infantryman", then by not allowing women to be in ground combat elements (by law) then should women be in the Marines at all? I say no considering the motto.

Pointing out facts is not sexist.

And BTW Marg, you know nothing about me and my respect for women.

So kindly read my post before you make flash judgements.

Thank you (aren't I courtious?)

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

TextThank you (aren't I courtious?)

Yes you are sir and I am very impress, I always like a good person to have a intelligent argument with I have enjoy our little misunderstanding and little bashing is does spice thinks up, what can I say, I am a woman and a puertrrican at that, my husband can not live without me I argue all the time.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"Almost everybody was naked all the time." Shocking Sexual Pics of Lynddie England"

Maybe I'm getting tired of seeing the title >>>>

"Almost everybody was naked all the time." Shocking Sexual Pics of Lynddie England"

I'm sorry SO, but this one was straight out of the tabloids.

The only "Shocking Sexual Pics of Lynddie England" are those one really perverted deviant could come up with in their own twisted excuse of a mind!!! (Now that's really scary!!)

I mean she's of the variety where one says " This dawg don't hunt nomore!

Her favorite line is " I swear when I picked it up Ol'e Yeller was just lyin' there!

What was I pointin' at? Why that was a map of my hometown!!! Mt Dick'nBalls!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I get tired of hearing the arguements you use, Jethro, because Ive heard them a million times.

Bottom line, IF a woman is physically and mentally qualified for combat, they should be allowed to do so, period.

This bull# that Americans will go nuts by women getting abused as POWs is bull#, pure and simple.

America has no problem with women getting raped and murdered en masse within thier own borders.

When the lies first published that Jessica Lynch was raped by her captors, did people freak out? there was more inbterest in seeing and buying naked pics of her on Ebay!

So, no, your "gentlemens" mentality does not exist within America. The American public needs to shake off the idiot mentality that consumes it where war is regarded.

Women have fought in quite a few wars in histoey and suffered greatly. But no where near the type of suffering that is inflicted on them within thier own borders. By thier own countrymen.

If they are qualified, then they should do it. If they aint, then they should stick to something they can hack.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join