It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY governor plays the race card, badly!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

ALBANY - Gov. Paterson blamed a racist media Friday for trying to push him out of next year's election - launching into an angry rant that left even some black Democrats shaking their heads.

More for your perusal

He suggested that Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, the country's only other African-American governor, also is under fire because of his race. "We're not in the post-racial period," Paterson said. "The reality is the next victim on the list - and you can see it coming - is President Barack Obama, who did nothing more than trying to reform a health care system."

As a lifetime New Yorker this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Even African American leaders in the state see through this.

"He's given the media more than enough to feed on with the incompetence shown in his administration," said state Sen. Kevin Parker (D-Brooklyn), an African-American. "To quote Michael Jackson, he should start with the man in the mirror," Parker said. Even state Sen. Bill Perkins (D-Harlem), a black supporter of the governor, urged him to be more like Obama by staying "focused on the message."

This man pretty much sealed his fate with the School Supply fiasco. If the way he handled that is any indication of his view of accountability then the sooner he is out the better.

The NY Dems if they were smart and can convince him to run had better put their hats in the Cuomo bandwagon.

Ooops, forgot the link to the story, sorry...

www.nydailynews.com...

and another

www.nypost.com...

[edit on 8/23/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ah, yet another pointless attempt on my part.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The reason why people want Paterson out of the next election is because he's a pretty bad governor. Every time he gives a speech it's an angry hate filled speech in which he blames everyone but himself for the corruption and ineptitude of the NY government. He wouldn't even be there if Spitzer hadn't have gotten caught fooling around.

Nobody I know likes Paterson, in fact, it's almost hard to decide whether I dislike Paterson or Bloomberg more! (ok I lied, I hate Bloombreg the most)

As an update to this story, I heard that Obama wants no part of this Paterson rant and has asked to be kept out of Paterson's next insane tantrum.

And what race does Paterson claim membership in? He never struck me as a very "ethnic" person.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The guy became governor when Spitzer bit the bag and stepped out the door. He sucks at his job, and he obviously can't blame himself, so he's saying that "they" are gunning for him because he's black.

He ought to be a man about it all and just not run, especially since he'll lose.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The situation is similar to the Detroit Mayoral situation.

Except, the race-card doesn't fly in Detroit.

Aside from that, it reminds me of Cockerel taking over for Kwame Kilpatrick; and trying desperately to not get voted out.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
When you are screwing up why own up to it just play the race card.
Patterson is in deep $#@% due to his own ineptitude not race. As a New Yorker I can say politics in this state is a farce. The "bulldozer" went off a cliff with that call girl and left us with Patterson, the state senate played power games and cost the state how much money?

It seems that saying people are prejudiced is easier than admitting you are in over your head! I think the same goes with the POTUS. The idea of being in a position and the reality are two different things!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Patterson is a sad mess! I agree that he is always whining and looking for the nearest scapegoat. As a lifetime New Yorker, he can't get out of there soon enough. Really sad that Spitzer couldn't keep it in his pants, thanks a whole lot Elliot!

top topics

join