It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palinettes lead Republican revival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

THEY may be a long way from returning to power but Republicans across America have hit upon an intriguing tactic as they seek to exploit unexpected weaknesses in Barack Obama’s presidential appeal.

Meet the Palinettes, a new generation of clever conservative women who are emerging as some of their party’s most effective critics of Democratic rule. Like Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor who has become a conservative icon, they combine shrewd political instincts with eye-catching personal histories.

Unlike Palin, most of them are carving out a moderate political path that Republican officials hope will help the party to compete for the middle-of-the-road voters whom it lost in droves to Obama last year.

I love American politics. It's good to see the ladies stepping forward for the GOP, especially moderate ones to temper the angry old whiteman persona that has come to exlemplify the GOP. Of course the ladies moderate stance will put them at odds with the religious right, neo-cons, Rushbots, Seanbots. I wish them luck only I wish they had of chosen another name besides "Palinettes" Oh well.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Always something, fresh, different, hopeful and entertaining. Got to keep peoples attention off the ball until the trap can be locked and welded shut.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah, the GOP just loves attractive over painted women to do their bidding. When it doesn't work out then they just play the blame game with them. LOL

Sarah is scary and a terrible example of Americana, IMHO>

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If the Palinettes can help pull the female vote back from the Dembs. It will be hard given the anti abortion stance.

Then perhaps a group of minority Republicans can try and do the same thing as the Palinettes.

If the GOP can't reclaim a lot of the Hispanic vote they once had, then they are in trouble "Palinettes" or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just like Palin was able to bring the female vote back to the GOP, right?

It's not what's between their legs that will bring the American people back to the GOP, t's what's between their ears bro.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It's good to see the ladies stepping forward for the GOP, especially moderate ones to temper the angry old whiteman persona that has come to exlemplify the GOP.

We don't need more moderates in the GOP, male or female. Smart, good looking conservative women (like Palin) is what the GOP needs more of. Not more bopsy twins from Maine, who back-stab us at every turn.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

It's good to see the ladies stepping forward for the GOP, especially moderate ones to temper the angry old whiteman persona that has come to exlemplify the GOP.

We don't need more moderates in the GOP, male or female. Smart, good looking conservative women (like Palin) is what the GOP needs more of. Not more bopsy twins from Maine, who back-stab us at every turn.

GOOD on you, throw out the moderates, there is no room for moderation as it is the root of all evil. "The angry old whiteman persona that has come to exlemplify the GOP"
paired with smar... ur.... Good looking women sounds like a winning combination to me!

[edit on 23-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That woman will never get my vote for the GOP and as a matter of fact, none of the two party elites will get my vote period.

Nothing but corrupted crocks.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I'm glad you think being good looking is a critical characteristic that we should be looking for.

I'm sure Sarah is exactly what we all need in our lives right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I tend to agree with you that the GOP needs to stay true to its core values. Neither party can win unless it offers voters a clear choice. That's not to say that they can ignore moderates altogether, but that also doesn't mean that the GOP, for instance, needs to reposition itself wholesale to the left as the two you mention would have it. That would be a huge mistake.

I also think the article is correct in assessing the true impact of Sarah Palin. Her candidacy and the overwhelmingly positive reaction by the GOP rank-and-file severely weakened the longstanding Democrat-supported myth of the GOP as being unfriendly to women in career and leadership roles. In the longer term, that change in perception could be a game-changer in favor of the Republican party, even if Palin herself eventually fades.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

... I wish they had of chosen another name besides "Palinettes"

"Palinettes" sounds like the name for the backup singers. Already, out of the gate, this doesn't sound good, as if these women are merely in the background, never breaking out on their own but backing up some lead.

The LaRouchies never took over the Democratic Party, but the LaRushies took control of the GOP. Unless the GOP drops cultural issues like abortion and gay marriage, and its corrupt grab for tax dollars/citizen income, i.e. privatization, the future looks dim. And at this point, I wouldn't trust the GOP; even if they said they would change, I wouldn't trust the party to keep its word. Afterall, it took them 30 plus years to get to this point; even an alcoholic takes time to dry out.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
And at this point, I wouldn't trust the GOP; even if they said they would change, I wouldn't trust the party to keep its word.

You've made the conservatives' point exceptionally well as to why the GOP shouldn't move to the left on those cultural issues. The fact is, even if they drop those issues, the people that care about those issues will not vote for Republicans.

As such, there's little to no incentive for Republicans to reposition significantly to the left, but there is much to lose. If conservatives drop them, either to a third party (see 1992) or are simply apathetic to the nominee (see 1996, 2008), the GOP can't win.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow, is all I can say.

If Sarah Palin represents the center of the Republican Party then I hate to think what the right looks like.

Sarah Palin is a complete dingbat. Her followers are "dingbat-ettes."

As a progressive, I would be thrilled to see Palin ascend to the center of the Republican party and become their presidential candidate in 2012. It would be the certain death of that party for decades to come.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the founder of the Palinettes, drinkingwithbob!

WE LOVE YOU, SARAH, YEAH WE DO! SARAH PALIN, WE LOVE YOU!

LOL!

I'd be lying to myself if I said that was true...

Oh, Palin, how I would be afraid if you were part of our government...

new topics

top topics

join