It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could be famous...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I mean really famous. Not like for 6 months after a reality show. But A list.

Would you be famous? I see so many people try to hard. The money and cloths and restaurants are nice. But how can you enjoy them when you are hounded by people constantly?

You can't even walk down the street without being horded. I often wonder if celebrities ever regret becoming famous.

I understand there is a psychological component. The constant need for attention and adoration. That is why so many turn to drugs and alcohol after they lose their fame, they can't handle the loss of attention.

so what about it? If you were offered fame? Would you take it?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't want fame and all the rest of the baggage
that goes with it... including the money.
I'm content to quietly go about my life, help where I can and
make myself and hopefully others happy.
All I seek is kindness and occasionally solitude to gather my
thoughts... that would do me.

Fame brings envy from others, even hate and with my
penchant for certain clothing, it can be quite a harrowing
lifestyle.

So please keep your fame and I'll keep my clothing catalogues.

Hugs.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just want to be wealthy.
The famous part, I can do without.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am famous, lol.

Not really.

But I do have more Facebook Friends than anyone I know. I just go places, meet people, and add them on Facebook. In a way, wherever I go I do tend to see people that I know.

But I think it's because I'm just a nice, friendly person?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would never want to be famous!!!!
I wouldn't be able to survive living that way,I am a very private type guy and wouldn't be able to handle the dumb attention.
I imagine alot of famous people don't have many true friends...just alot of leeches.
Fame brings alot of idiotic people in your life is my opinion,unless the people that come into your life are famous as well.Then you can both be tortured together.
I will stick to being regular ole me as that is hard enough as it is(without the fame.)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'd love to be famous, probably because I've always gone so unnoticed. It's just because I have no attention that I want fame *shrug*. Famous people have way too much pressure in dating and privacy, dieting, picking their noses even. And I couldn't handle knowing that not everyone is my biggest fan, lol. If I was famous all I would do all day is google myself and post on forums and chats under different names, "So what do you guys think of Alpha Furyan?" lol

I'd prefer a cushy, puppet master, behind-the-scenes job, but I would love to be famous. Maybe it's not the fame I want, just the fans? Definitely the money
And the power to get free food, get out of jail and parking tickets. Ahh... apotheosis.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nope - couldn`t handle it...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Furyan

I don't know if this was intentional or not but you basically portrayed the perfect angst of why people choose and work hard to be famous. They need that constant input.

If you watch some celeb reality shows, they are constantly on the net to see what critics and people say about them.

Not directed at you, but I think it is sad really. To have to live contantly by the the affections of strangers. What a critic says makes or breaks your day.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I care more about deserving to be famous than actually being famous I suppose for some partiular reason. If fame were to ever happen then so be it. I really don't crave it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Not me.

I posted a little video blog on YouTube one time, cuz I thought it was a fun idea. I took it down 5 mins later when I decided I didn't want people watching me talk and making judgments of me.

Attention makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

People on YouTube are just awful, mean, and heartless half the time.

I posted my vlogs publicly on ATS media for awhile and people were just so rude, even here.

The internet is awful.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Agreed, it would hardly be worth it for reality series pay. I nearly hacked up a fur ball after finding out the tuppence they paid Nadya Suleman. You can find $250k by flipping over old sofas.

If being in the limelight is your dream you shouldn’t care what the internet posters say about you, but you should know your audience. The world is full of ignorant, ape-people whose boorish growls bubble up from the bowels of hell every hour. They hate eachother and they'll hate you.

Personally, I can’t think of anything anyone could say about me that would make me feel bad about me, those things just give me a warm tingly feeling in my tummy - at least at this point in my life. Nothing that Castro -no wait mom didn’t already tell me before bedtime. But I kind of enjoy weird things.

Still, I don’t think I would bite till there was at least say $4,439,556 in it for me. Then I’d buy one sweet Lambo and smoke dem tires all the way down Hollywood Blvd. No wait, Hollywood is a dive, make that Pacific Coast Highway.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
don't get me started on internet psychology. It seems everyone un-leashes their inner beast on other people because they forget there is a real person on the other side of the monitor. It used to be better on ats. But this past year the beasties have moved in.

top topics

join