Columbia Nuclear Payload

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have been informed that the space shuttle Columbia was carrying a prototype nuclear reactor, using Americium as fuel. Although the details are not very forthcoming, at least one source indicates that during the recent mission, this was used as a power source for a longwave infrared laser illuminator imaging system, similar to the BrightEyes Project. This may have been used to penetrate cloud cover in order to surveil Iraq and North Korea.

This information is being circulated throughout FEMA, EPA, Texas DPS, and TNRCC/TCEQ channels, and is thought to be reliable.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't see why you'd need a nuclear reactor for that, I think that is bogus information...

Somehow we were able to take detailed enough pictures of Venus (more clouds then Iraq would ever see if you took all the earth's clouds and concentrated them over ONLY Iraq) and that was during the 60s? that we took the pics of venus...by now we could probably see what brand of tooth brush you are using on a stormy day, without any nuclear pay-load.

Not to mention but I think Americium is too unstable to use as a nuclear fuel...

nevermind here's a page for Americium...

www.uic.com.au...

Apparently it does make a bad nuclear fuel (though it is a by-product of Plutonium)...

...But it DOES make for good smoke detectors.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'd like to know what isotope they had up there ...

www.scienceagogo.com...

Need I say more ...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Dont know, all I can say is that we were advised it was Americium (although we could have been lied to as to the exact isotope), but I still have have very firm reason to believe this is factual

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
*sigh*

Did you check the link?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Parts of the shuttle fell here in Dallas.

Parts fell near where some good friends live in East Texas.

Several people I know (from GIS (Geographical Imaging Systems)) joined in the search.

NOBODY (and I mean nobody) was taking precautions for radiation, though they were for hydrazine. Handling of parts was done as though they might have chemical contaminants, not as though they might be radioactive. If they'd been doing searches for radioactivity, you'd have had hundreds of reports about it -- and I'd have heard something from the folks who were there on the spot.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Kinda interesting ...

The isreali's discover a way to get to mar's in two week's time, Dragon finds out about the nuclear payload using (hopefully) the same isotope used to travel to mar's in two week's.

I wonder, since they were up there long enough, if they had used a prototype engine to get to mars would explain the isreali onboard to over look an isreali discovery and engine prototype.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The TNRCC/TCEQ crews that went to the crash site were not using radiological equipment last week either, but this info just came down the pipeline on thur when I originally posted. Americium was what was listed, but considering the past of misinformation, could well be plutonium.... This still hasnt been released in the media

new topics
top topics

join