It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Documentary To Hit Theatres SOON!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I apologize if this is old news, but I feel it's still pretty imperative that we get the word out on this. Could be a great opportunity to expose the UFO phenomena to the masses.

www.youtube.com...

Forgive me for not embedding the video, I really don't know how. I'm a bit of a newb here, in case that ain't glaringly obvious.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

There ya go

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperDylan

I'm looking forward to that. It's made by James Fox and is probably a labor of love as it's left him with some debts. He's about the safest pair of hands out there to make a documentary about UFOs. In interview he's been clear that he's only used footage and interviews that can't be torn apart or ridiculed. Personally, I think he should have left out the Cooper interview, but who cares? I hope it's a success.

If you want to watch his last UFO doc, in Google Video search for "Out of the Blue." It's there. 1 and a half hours.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

thanks Super! I was under the impression it was going to be called Beyond the Blue so I might have missed it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
James Fox is a true statesman of UFOlogy. I take my hat off to the man for keeping it credible and real. If only we had more people like Fox standing up to drown out the voices of Greer, Burisch, Rutter, Romanek, Peckman & co.

Can't wait for his new Documentary/DVD!

IRM

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

thanks Super! I was under the impression it was going to be called Beyond the Blue so I might have missed it.

That was the title for a while, but they made a change, for the better I think. It's going to run on the History Channel in a few weeks.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Been waiting for this since it was announced on Larry King last year. Can't wait to see it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Interviewer: How would you describe the acceleration?

'Witness': Probably the... uhhh, speed of light.

Im sorry, couldn't go past that point.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
At last, a proper documentary about UFOs that has witnesses who can be taken seriously instead of the usual nutters that keep popping up to tell of their encounters with men from Mars or the Pleidians! The only reservation I have is Nick Pope. My heart sunk when I saw him. . . I believe that most of what is seen is top secret prototype aircraft and during his term as Secretariate Airstaff 2a most of the UK were seeing a black flying triangle now known to be Britains answer to stealth. As part of the government machine he must have known that yet he keeps up the pretence of them being alien craft because it fills out his lectures and ups his book sales.
Other than that this looks like it's going to be good watch.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I fear, that despite James' honest attempt at making a serious "documentary" about this subject, in the end it will do nothing but preach to the converted, and further push the average Joe away from even considering taking this seriously enough not to crack jokes at our expense every time the subject comes up.

It is not James' fault, but rather the witnesses and their stories. Some of them sound, well, like fools and ignorant wackos. I am sure they are not, but they do play right into the hands of the stereotype that the loud, ignorant portion of us have laid at our collective feet.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I fear, that despite James' honest attempt at making a serious "documentary" about this subject, in the end it will do nothing but preach to the converted, and further push the average Joe away from even considering taking this seriously enough not to crack jokes at our expense every time the subject comes up.

It is not James' fault, but rather the witnesses and their stories. Some of them sound, well, like fools and ignorant wackos. I am sure they are not, but they do play right into the hands of the stereotype that the loud, ignorant portion of us have laid at our collective feet.

I fear this too. With modern technologies, we have the ability to capture images and videos of UFOs. But with these technologies, we also have the ability to alter images and videos. I hope he doesn't push it too far as to say things that are completely impossible to believe. It'll only push people away from believing.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

I don't see why not, not everyone is so quick thinking that they don't need a second to think a question over, and furthermore, if that man has little scientific knowledge (like me) then he may not have much knowledge of speed, and from what I have heard, it can be very difficult to judge the speed and distance of any aircraft without landmarks and thinks to judge against.

In conclusion, I don't think that answer makes this person a loony or anything of the sort. I think he is the average man on the street telling his tale, and his tale is as valid as yours or anyone elses.

As for the topic at hand, I really loved Out of the Blue, and have looked forward to Beyond the Blue or I Know What I Saw for some time now.

I don't have television anymore, though. I anybody planning to tape this or in some way make this available online?

And didn't I read in the OP that this will soon be in theaters? If so, can anybody provide me with a date or list of places it will be showing? I will buy multiple tickets and watch it multiple times to support this man.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

True. Every time we hear of a new, "serious" UFO documentary, our hopes are raised until we actually see it. Bubbas just excited to have a microphone in their faces. Don't get me wrong, most probably saw something, but the stereotypes are playing into the hands of Bob Sheaffer and co.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

man, dumb is you

if you saw th trailer, he started with average joes and then he showed a statement by some guy in the media saying that just dumb people see ufos, then he starts putting the govoern of arizona, jimmy carter ... and others ...

so, really, this is a great trailer, proving that everyone is seeing ...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

We're working on that diligently!

James Fox does seem to be on the right path, he has really captured my respect. I am considering reaching out to him on a project we are working on...

@ "IgnoreTheFact's", I agree with you but it is what it is, if he left out the "woo woos" he's have a short documentary, and a screaming fan base. Not to mention these people (IMHO) really do believe what they are saying. It's very difficult to get the "credible to the average person" witnesses to come forward in public (on film) and it's even more difficult to get in contact with them.

Over the past several years we (T.A.N.) have been cultivating relationships with extremely credible professionals who are able to make these connections happen.

With any luck at all, we may be in a position to finally bring together a collection of documents, images and credible witnesses that nobody could scoff at within the next year or two.

The frustrating part (for me at least) is filtering out the noise from the signal. The noise is REALLY loud and the signal is almost undetectable. I figure that's on purpose and for a reason... The noise is so popular, since it feeds into what the majority of the "enthusiasts" want to believe, it causes the signal to hide so as to avoid the very ridicule/stereotyping you describe.

Building a media company that operates on ethics and has the ability to get the signal "out there" is one of the main reasons we created The Above Network, LLC.

I truly hope Mr. Fox has great success with his new film, he's earned it in every way IMO.

Time will tell.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

man, dumb is you

if you saw th trailer, he started with average joes and then he showed a statement by some guy in the media saying that just dumb people see ufos, then he starts putting the govoern of arizona, jimmy carter ... and others ...

so, really, this is a great trailer, proving that everyone is seeing ...

Yes, dumb is me.

I understand what the effect was that they were trying to achieve, but for me that seems really unprofessional from the side of the director.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah, the mockery this subject gets makes it next to impossible to sescure the most credible, and sane sounding witnesses. Good point, Springer.

I have mentioned this before in a few threads, James is top of my list for making very watchable, and very good videos. I have been looking forward to this vid for a long time.

James does this more as a labor of love than as a job. Last I checked, he was very lucky to break even, and if he saw profit I bet it amounts to only several dollars an hour considering the time he puts into these things. So he ain't getting rich, and sure as heck doesn't strike me a an attention craving woo woo.

Ufology needs more folks of his caliber representing the subject, for sure!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
so when does this come on?

like date n time so i can record it

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
so when does this come on?

like date n time so i can record it

There's no official release date yet. Keep checking back at www.iknowwhatisawthemovie.com because eventually they're gonna unveil the release date.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join