It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror from the Right: 75 Plots, Conspiracies and Racist Rampages Since Oklahoma City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
An interesting article which from my point of view, appears to point the finger at people within America who are most likely to hurt other Americans, than any terrorist group abroad.

There seem to be so many nutters in the U.S(along with many millions of sane people), why is this?

www.alternet.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They're crazy. Have inflated egos, lack moral decency, have easy access to bomb making material and illegal firearms. Probably the product of broken homes(just guessing) They can't accept anyone who is not like them . The list gave me a new found respect for the tough job that people involved in stopping these attacks have to contend with. i wonder what a list from Iraq or Afgahnistan would look like. It would probably be 75 in one month.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

There would be more reason for the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan to take up arms against their establishment than in the U.S however. Many of these people seem to have fallen through the cracks of society either as a result of choosing or some past greivence within their lives.

It seems to me alot of these plots were motivated by some of the perpretrators religious views. Such as killing doctors who offer abortions. Just recently in May this year one was shot dead at church in Kansas.news.bbc.co.uk...

I understand people feel strongly about that issue in America, but it is lawful within many states.

How does the U.S confront these threats without encouraging more such as in the aftermath of WACO? It seems to me there is alot more to be worried about within the U.S if i were a citizen than from outside.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The 'report' is from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
We can't be sure if the facts are real, or if the SPLC has embellished them.
Even left wing Huffington Post says that the SPLC is off track.
Are there any other sources for this information?
If so .. please post the backup sources. Thanks.

Article Here - Huffington Post

The SPLC has been mum on the issue, despite the fact that in 2000, it included the New Black Panther Party among its annual list of hate groups. In fact, what is most shocking is that the SPLC has spent far more resources hounding conservative organizations, such as the Center for Immigration Studies, and prominent citizens like CNN's award-winning anchor Lou Dobbs, than it has protecting the civil rights of American voters, which includes white people as well as black. The unrelenting attacks on Mr. Dobbs and others are shameless. The once venerable organization wages war against conservative individuals, principles, and organizations. How unfortunate for America. How unfortunate for the organization's founders.

There is a name for what has happened. It is called "mission creep." Mission creep occurs when an organization strays beyond its original purpose and engages in actions antithetical to its goals. Rather than monitoring hate groups, the Southern Poverty Law Center has become one.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The SPLC is ridiculous. Just as bad as the ADL.

To the ADL everyone that isnt an employee of theirs is a terrorist and a anti-semite.

Ever read Them? This journalist spends time with key figures of various fringe groups like the Klan, David Ickes, Ian Paisley and Alex Jones briefly. They bring him into their world of paranoia and "extremism" and he just reports what a day in the life of is like for them.

Then, he pays a visit to the ADL to get their side of all of these groups. According to the ADL there isnt a single non anti-semite on the planet. And everything is a "code-word" for "Jew." When I got done reading it I thought the ADL were the most ridiculous group of the bunch. More ridiculous than Icke and his reptilians.

Yeah, the SPLC is like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The SPLC is ridiculous. Just as bad as the ADL.

What is it with these alphabet groups? ADL, SPLC, HRW, UN, ACLU ... etc
They all start out with good intentions but then move into being part of the problem.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

There would be more reason for the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan to take up arms against their establishment than in the U.S however. Many of these people seem to have fallen through the cracks of society either as a result of choosing or some past greivence within their lives.

It seems to me alot of these plots were motivated by some of the perpretrators religious views. Such as killing doctors who offer abortions. Just recently in May this year one was shot dead at church in Kansas.news.bbc.co.uk...

I understand people feel strongly about that issue in America, but it is lawful within many states.

How does the U.S confront these threats without encouraging more such as in the aftermath of WACO? It seems to me there is alot more to be worried about within the U.S if i were a citizen than from outside.

No question about feeling more threatend by domestic terrorism . I never leave the country.
if abortion clinics are being targeted step up security efforts, camera
surveilance should be made very apparent around them.

Maybe Places like that should have people who are trained to be proficient in defense tactics, the proper use of a firearm etc.

The fact that only 75 instances in the last 10 years have occurred tells me that we are lucky and should be grateful that it is not much more.

new topics

top topics

join