It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel tells people to the the shot and.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hello i was just watching the discovery channel and a commercial for some TV show called Brink and it's new episode on Monday. and what is Monday's episode about? the swine flu vaccine. They where glorifying that god awful vaccine. and where saying: "will scientists be able to make enough vaccine before the fall?" They where saying that the best vaccine is that spray that goes up your nose. which is a lie the spray has killed more than the shot.

This is how they are going to get us to take the shot by giving the # some air time and having some scientists say it's going to save people. They know the people who are going to take shoe shot believe what they hear and don't research anything. So if some scientist say's take it they say "Okay"

The episode will show on Monday August 24 2009. at 10:30 PM on the discovery channel.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

I live in Northern Europe and recently saw an article in the newspaper here in the capital that it's our civic duty to get the flu jab, each and every one of us. I used that paper to line my rabbits' litter box.

My son is doing his conscription at the moment. I asked him if he was going to submit to getting the vaccine if they order him to. He said he will refuse and take what comes. I think that's the only answer for all of us. I suspect there will be a lot more of us alive if we don't allow it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy
This is how they are going to get us to take the shot by giving the ... some air time and having some scientists say it's going to save people.

Apparently the media campaign is already in the works for just that type scenario...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The CDC is formulating a $4.8 million multimedia campaign to encourage people to get vaccinated and help alleviate concerns and confusion, including radio and television public service announcements, print ads, and messages delivered via Twitter, RSS feeds and video podcasts on YouTube.

Of course, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but if it were to mutate then the vaccine is basically rendered useless.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

However, if you just get the flu you'll have resistance to it and probably a couple more flu seasons to come, I should think. Influenza has always killed a certain portion of any given population. The population of Europe was reduced considerably in 1918, was it not? There's no shortage of people here now, let me assure you. That's less than a century ago. Just chill, people. Stop worrying about everything. Stop listening to "experts". You act as though they actually know something, as though they are regularly correct. They get it wrong far too often, for my taste. And with science books being rewritten at phenomenal rates, why put yourself at risk of *anything* for some delusional sense of "security"? Is your faith in the government, the medical community or your own body? Who has your survival at heart?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

What happened the last time they passed around the vaccine for swine flu?

It killed 25 people, crippled many more. 1 person actually died from the swine flu.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeated it.

But just chill.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just another pile of media slop, I suppose. I've come to notice when shows feature people who were payed to pretend they know what they are talking about, and I like to think I can see when someone is truly dedicated to what they say (wrong or not).

Of course, I can't ALWAYS read-a their Poker Faaaccee....

Sorry the song came in my head ._.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Bananarama]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Okay, what? Was it 25 or one? And the flu cripples people? Does it?
You're thinking of something else, dear. It can occasionally worsen pre-existing conditions, but it doesn't cripple.

If someone already has compromised health, *they* can get the jab. It's just madness that we should all get it. If more people get it this year, less will get it next year, and so on and so on and so on... Then guess what? That flu has to work bloody hard to get a foothold anywhere in the population to cause anything like an outbreak, let alone an epidemic. Pandemic isn't anywhere on the horizon for a good long time.

But we're weak, we humans. We run to the doctor every time someone sneezes. We hide out, quaking in our boots at the very mention of disease. Now we think that the flu is going to kill us all.
Pff.

I'm waiting for them to develop Chicken flu. That'll take care of all of you chickens.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

In regard to the "crippling", I believe they are referring to Guillian-Barre Syndrome., which has been identified as a risk in association with vaccinations.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Any infection can trigger any auto-immune disease. Do we think we should avoid everything now? What about the diseases that prevent future diseases? We're painting ourselves into a corner when we attempt to outsmart Mother Nature. She will always win.

I'm sorry but influenza may be uncomfortable for most and may even be fatal in some extreme cases. But our population needs a bit of weeding. It's just sentimentality to think otherwise. I won't cry when pandas go the way of the dodo. Our time will come too. Better to shave a few now rather than lose it all for arbitrary nostalgia.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by Miraj

Okay, what? Was it 25 or one? And the flu cripples people? Does it?
You're thinking of something else, dear. It can occasionally worsen pre-existing conditions, but it doesn't cripple.

If someone already has compromised health, *they* can get the jab. It's just madness that we should all get it. If more people get it this year, less will get it next year, and so on and so on and so on... Then guess what? That flu has to work bloody hard to get a foothold anywhere in the population to cause anything like an outbreak, let alone an epidemic. Pandemic isn't anywhere on the horizon for a good long time.

But we're weak, we humans. We run to the doctor every time someone sneezes. We hide out, quaking in our boots at the very mention of disease. Now we think that the flu is going to kill us all.
Pff.

I'm waiting for them to develop Chicken flu. That'll take care of all of you chickens.

No, darling. I was saying that the vaccine killed 25 people and the actual disease killed one person.

Of course there were more people with nerve damage from Guillan-Barres syndrome.

This is why the people here, many of them do not want to repeat what happened 20 years ago.

Take you chances, history says you'll be safer with the flu.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think i've seen something like this before... www.youtube.com...

Hitler would be proud of todays media outlets. Imagine if Hitler had an internet connection, and an international T.V. ad campaign.

Nothing really seems to surprise me anymore when it comes to mass propagation tactics.

new topics

top topics

join