It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Pirates seize ship on Israel's behalf, preventing arms from Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
But the reality lost to almost everyone is tha Russia is not exactly a supporter of Iran, more like a competitor in the region. Iran has been Russia's biggest customer buying out of date often dysfunctional technology and systems inclusding nuclear capability. But Russia is very uneasy with the expansion aims of Iran and keeps them on a very short leash. No one wants a truly enhanced Iran except themselves.

Israel responds to the Iranian backing of paid off surrogates like Syria, Hamas, Hebollah, in the Mullah's hope to polarize the subjugated poor in Sunni dominated countries like Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, et al. It's all moving towards oa confrontation between the Saudis and Iranians. Iraq and the Sinai nexus is the battleground.

Russia quietly watches to see how it plays out for them. But they do not want a direct confrontation with the US, Britain, Europe, over their ties with Iran.

And now the focus is shifting to the Eastern sphere and the pipelines with Russia worried they will be able to bypass thier controls.

Mike

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Why couldn't the Russians have sent such sensitive cargo to Iran via the Caspian Sea? It is a much, much, much shorter trip than sending it out in such a gigantic arc through the Artic Sea, Atlantic, Mediterranean, Suez Canal, Red Sea, Arabian Sea Persian Gulf route.

Through the Caspian its like a two hour trip with a stop for lunch and no nations that could interfere with the cargo.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by IDK88]

But then the shipment of arms from russia to iran would have been obvious to all.

And if mossad really did do this in the north atlantic, then maybe the caspian sea would have been no problem for them, too.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
But then the shipment of arms from russia to iran would have been obvious to all.
Only if known, and that would be other advantage of using that route, it's almost a "home" route, who controls the traffic on the Caspian Sea?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The Caspian Sea is landlocked and sailing from Russia to Iran would only take a few hours.

Where would foreign agents flee or hide in the Caspian Sea ? It looks very safe for a secret transport. It would be very daring to attack a Russian ship there.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Manouche]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Seems a bit adventurous, why not send the cargo of cruise missiles east via the pacific, through the Bering Straits, into the Sea of Japan/East Sea, stop off in North Korea, make a pick up after dark, travel Chinese waters between Taiwan and the mainland, through the South China Sea around the tip of Malasia, through the Andaman, drop off some things in Myanmar, through the Bengal, around the tip of India, up the Arabian Sea into Iran.

Noone in their right mind would suspect a unarmed Russian frieghter to be carrying cruise missiles to Iran by using such a boldly provacative route. They wouldn't be stopped, questioned or boarded.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I know the US pushed for an international organisation regulating traffic on the Caspian Sea. Obviously, Russia rejected it. I can't find if Russian and Iranian territorial waters share a border.
The only obstacle would be Azerbaidjan I think. There is an American-funded radar in Baku. But what could they do ?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Apparently the Russians and Persian have divided the Caspian into two sections between themselves. As soon as Russians leave their own territory, they'd already be in Iran. And even if they don't use this Old agreement the applicable states all belong to the CIS.

Would Israeli sympathizers hijack an Iranian bound Russian ship in Russian Waters? Doesn't sound plausible.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

reply to post by ArMaP

I think both of Ya'll are onto something. I think what took place was potentially one of the most efficient 'handoffs'. I postulate that the Artic Sea completed an at Sea hand off to at least 2 ships; with two different destinations. In other words the Arctic Sea facilitated getting said cargo to a rondevu point, and off loaded.
reply to post by Manouche

I looked several places, and I couldn't find anything. I think right now there are several "odd" stories circulating from almost mystical sources

reply to post by IDK88

See I personally think this is leading to a multiple front false flag event, and I believe it's to get a war in full force swing in the ME

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I suppose you mean "rendezvous", right?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yep, that's what I meant,

I looked it up on Google, and usually it corrects me, but it was showing that as the correct reference. Does that mean something else, or is it just a world full of bad spelling? I'm gonna go bury myself outback now.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Never trust Google as a dictionary, even as a search engine it's much overrated.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

But the reality lost to almost everyone is tha Russia is not exactly a supporter of Iran, more like a competitor in the region.

Russia has built a nuclear reactor and supplied the Iranians with the training and technology to use it. This is direct posturing against western interests and the Russians are doing it because they believe Iran should be as free as the nations who claim it should be held back.

As for Israeli "sympathizers" hijacking Russian military gear? What a bunch of jokers. Personally, I think they should all be shot to send a message to any other idiots in the world who would dare try that again. Obviously Mossad was involved, they meddle in everybody's business like a virus.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Everyone seems to have completely forgotten that the ship was declared empty in Pietarsaari. Customs said that there was no visible modifications or recent painting on the ship.
Did they hollow out the timber and hide the missiles in there? How did they smuggle them into Finland then?
I call this article bunk

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It's more "interesting" to think that Russia had some hidden missiles inside the ship.

I'm surprised nobody suggested a "stargate" yet.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
True that. Someone in another thread said that it had to be Obamas BC

If there was any illegal gargo that the 'pirates' were after my guess is drugs or small arms.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hmmmm...interesting. Thanks for the heads up sanchoearlyjones... Too many cooks in this broth, with distinctively fish odour. Too many questions, too many loose ends.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

In another thread, skekke found out it is Novaya Gazeta. It's very reputable. It's partly owned by Gorbatchev and oligarch Lebedev. Politkovskaia worked for this newspaper. It's not a pro-government media.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Manouche]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I agree that Russia has a strong alliance with Iran. I'm not 100% sure what this whole mess is about, but I feel that it is leading to a False Flag; which is needed to start a war with both Russia, and Iran.....The needed support

reply to post by PsykoOps

See, I don't think it would be to hard a modification needed in order to put large hidden cargo.

Latin Americans are experts at building totally fake large compartments into vehicles which cannot be seen by even trained people.

I know thats a microcosm, but why not be able to apply to something larger?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In the scenario of the ship going to Venezuela.This could explain why the Spaniard was aboard as a translator if that were the case.(?)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You already got the red flag dear heart! Look over here at this mess going on with the pirates stealing our things! While we go on ahead and move things through over there......
They had everyone so focused on those ships. They could have very easily moved what they had really intended in the first place; while NO ONE was even looking.

You know those frumpy little ships that no one was paying attention to because they where searching for a ship full of wood and now OMG a ship full of missiles got trumped by pirates too! WOW the insanity I tell you!

Funnier still is the fact that piracy in those waters is almost unheard of. Yet "Russia" is being "targeted for piracy" while the rest of the countries are sailing free and clear!
RED FLAG already happened while none where on the look out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join