It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya: Truth or Dare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Or maybe this title should've been Maitreya: Truth, Dare or Apathy.

This seems to sum up people's feelings about Maitreya and the whole subject of individual spirituality. Either one believes that a such a great Human Being could exist, along with a host of other great Human Beings, the Masters of Wisdom, or one thinks that this must be the devil of some sort: an "NGO" with mind controlling capabilities. Or one is simply apathetic about the whole subject and cannot see anything of significance in the whole idea and therefore pass them off as fantasy, probably with some perverse or money making scheme behind it all.

I can't say much to the apathetic except maybe that everything in our world isn't how it seems. Science and technology have done wonderful things but we still have starvation and war. Without that invisible force we call love we will not survive. Everyone knows it. Our poets and wise men have been telling us this for years. Love is where the positive and the negative meet, it is not some simple emotion that we have in grade school. It's a Universal Force that keeps everything in motion and everything turning. Love is Life.

Which brings me to Maitreya and the Masters of Wisdom. Does anyone dare look for the truth? the real truth? The Spiritual Hierarchy are said to represent the Love-Wisdom aspect of our being. The superstition of the churches have hidden the truth so very well and for so very long that it's followers are now at loss as to where exactly to find it anymore. Lucifer, the shining one, the morning star, is the great fallen angel. But so is the Christ the Light of World, the morning star, the great Risen Son of God. See CHRIST - THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR.

There is, in my humble opinion, so much confusion regarding God and the Devil. Some say that Maitreya and the Masters of Wisdom are merely a "cleverly repackaged Satan, the evil being in control of the earth, the Adversary of God and man, who is constantly scheming and manipulating to keep us from the saving knowledge of the one true God and of our Messiah" See The Ascended Masters are the Fallen Angels

Why I believe the Maitreya story to be true is because of the wealth of wisdom and light that's been released into the world for over 100 years now. There have been many comments on the ATS lately that the whole Maitreya is something that has been fantasized by Benjamin Creme, probably simply to sell books. I don't see it that way. Below are several links attempting to show you some of this wealth of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Beginning in 1875 with the foundation of the Theosophical Society by the Russian aristocrat H.P.Blavatsky and Colonel Henry S. Olcott of United States Army. Theosophy, from the Greek word: θεοσοφία theosophia, means "knowledge of things divine" or literally "god-wisdom", and has been called, by at least one ATS poster, a "rip off of Hinduism, nothing new". I found this cynical description kind of funny actually. What do people expect? This is the Ancient Wisdom after all, but couched in in modern terms.
H.P.Blavatsky
published Isis Unveiled in 1877, see online. And her magus opus, The Secret Doctrine in 1886, see online.
Blavatsky also published many other books and articles and near the end of her published a magazine called, simply, Lucifer. Read "What's in a name"

After this, between 1919 and 1949, the Alice Bailey books took Theosophy to even higher heights, despite the disagreement during the 1920's from the Theosophical Society claiming that Bailey was a fraud since she wouldn't release the identity of her Master,at least not for the first few years of publications. She eventually claimed, in 1933, that the Tibetan Master was Djwhal Khul, a Master of Wisdom. Together, Bailey and the Master DK, as he was known, published 24 books. It was predicted by Blavatasky that the psychology key to her great work, The Secret Doctrine, would be published in the 20th Century. In 1925 A Treatise On Cosmic Fire was published. Many believe this to be the key. It's interesting to note, however, that the Theosophical Society still does not recognize the Bailey works as being written by the Tibetan Master of Wisdom.

The publishing company for the Bailey books was originally called the Lucifer Publishing Company but was eventually changed in 1925 to Lucis Trust. Again, read Esoteric Meaning of Lucifer. See also Quotes of Alice Bailey

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
And now again, since the 1970's Benjamin Creme has picked up the task again of passing on this Ancient Wisdom, see Articles by the Master, in the Share International issues. But this time Creme claims that not only is he's in contact with Tibetan Master of Wisdom, of which he won't say who is it, but that periodically the World Teacher, Maitreya, Himself, uses Creme to speak to the world about His imminent reappearance in our daily lives.

Creme has written many books himself, some of which are online. For more info on Share International web site see site map. It's interesting to note that Lucus Trust does not recognize the Creme works as being written by Tibetan Master of Wisdom.

So why all the links? The truth may be hard to see at times, that's all. Religious dogma and doctrine, intellectual arrogance and personal bias can cloud our vision at times. Read through the links with an open mind. I dare you.

And one more thing, of the word Lucifer Benjamin Creme says:

The name ‘Lucifer’ means, literally, ‘light’. The word comes from the Latin root: lux, lucis — light; and fer, ferre — to bring. It means, therefore, light-bringing and is the name of the planet Venus as the morning star.
Far from being evil, it is pure light. In the esoteric teaching, Lucifer is the name for the great angelic Entity who embodies the human kingdom on the soul plane. As souls, we are each an individualized part of this great Oversoul. Difficult as it is for us to grasp, there is really no such thing as a separate soul. It does not exist.
The Christian teaching holds that Lucifer — the chief rebel angel, Satan — was thrown out of heaven for getting too big-headed and arguing with God. This is simplistic and shows a complete misunderstanding of the reality. It is also, of course, symbolic. It is symbolic of a very significant point in our human evolution which took place 18 1/2 million years ago.

- See link, about 3/4 the way down the page.

- Neo.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
i have been searching for knowledge for the longest time;
i dont know who this metriya is tho;
but anyways

check this out
blogs.myspace.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There is no such thing as Maitreya. Benjamine Creme pretends to channel him so that he can make $$$ off fools. Allegedly Maitreya has been living in the Pakistani section of London and allegedly going to show himself 'soon' for decades now.

Wake up. This is all BULL.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My opinion:
If you are waiting around twiddling your thumbs for anyone to appear to teach you something that you already know, save you, tell you how to live and what to believe in then you really need to examine yourself closely. It matters not how great the teacher when really the great teacher is you. You are your own master.

Maitreya, Jesus whoever. I wouldn't even care. I'll invite them over for a beer and perhaps ask some questions but there'll be no sycophantic groveling from me, ever. I'm not below them; noone really is. I don't care what sort of being it might be.

My cynical opinion:
Some Christians would probably think Jesus Christ himself was a repackaged Satan if he didn't look like they expected him to and perhaps even then. The rampant paranoia about the devil and demons would blind them to any truth. Extreme zeal for the polarization they have actually make this so.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

I'd suggest you take a clear look at what you are doing. I wouldn't recommend satanism to anyone. And obviously that's an understatement.

It's odd that those who would neglect the God of love and truth, would search for love in darkness. Those who follow this teaching are dark and evil. There is no light there. Only lies.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Jesus is to return from the clouds, with the heavenly host, not returning to the physical ground of earth himself.

This Maitreya stuff is all disinfo being spread by those who wish to remain in power.

Trust me, the 2nd coming is upon us, however, not from Maitreya.

It is true that there is a group of highly evolved souls that are about to make their appearence on this earth, but they are neither greater nor lesser than us and it is a group, not an individual.

Benjamin claims that Maitreya caused the collapse of the Soviet Union and other various events throughout the 20th century. I don't buy that political bullcrap for a second. The entire political stage is a sham and here Benjamin is attempting to put Maitreye into the puppet show.

Jesus, or any true Ascended being would have no need to use television as a means to spread his word.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

You know what I hate from anyone--Christians, Muslims, Maitryyacs...?

I hate the whole: if you don't believe it is because you're afraid or closed-minded or blah blah blah. Why be antagonistic about it?

I don't believe in Maitreya as the light-bringing savior of earth. Period. I don't get a good feeling about it. In fact, I get chills. I am a discerning individual. I can usually tell if someone is full of BS, dangerous, or crazy while everyone else is shaking their hands. I've never been wrong when it comes to identifying dangerous types.

I don't get the chills when I read about the Buddha. In fact, I want to read about the Buddha. I don't get the chills when reading about that Maggador kid who thinks he's from Pleiades. I'm very cool with a lot of alternative religions and people practicing them.

However, when I saw the picture on their website of Maitreya in the white outfit with those blue stripes hanging out with kids in Africa I got chilled and quickly killed the webpage. I get no good feelings. In fact the opposite.

I'll take my chances with my antiquated religion and Jesus. If I'm wrong, so be it. He makes me happy and that's that.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
My opinion:
If you are waiting around twiddling your thumbs for anyone to appear to teach you something that you already know, save you, tell you how to live and what to believe in then you really need to examine yourself closely. It matters not how great the teacher when really the great teacher is you. You are your own master.

Maitreya, Jesus whoever. I wouldn't even care. I'll invite them over for a beer and perhaps ask some questions but there'll be no sycophantic groveling from me, ever. I'm not below them; noone really is. I don't care what sort of being it might be.

I've heard this reaction before and it makes me think of the 1st year University student claiming that the profs probably don't know # and who's this Dean of the University guy, he's no better than me..

No, he is no better than you or I, but these Figures have travelled much further along the path of life than the common person. They have experienced every facet of life and have reached, and surpassed, that special place in life that's beyond the wheel of necessity. They have no need to incarnate as human beings anymore, and anytime that they do work through physical form it is only out of sense of service and love towards us all.

These 'God-Aware' Ones are no better than in us in the sense that all of us possess the same potential to become of a Professor of Life, a Master of Wisdom.

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
My cynical opinion:
Some Christians would probably think Jesus Christ himself was a repackaged Satan if he didn't look like they expected him to and perhaps even then. The rampant paranoia about the devil and demons would blind them to any truth. Extreme zeal for the polarization they have actually make this so.

Exactly, and this is my point. Most Christians believe that Christ is only going to return for them, the faithful. Anything else must be blasphemy and of the devil. This is, in my opinion, simple arrogance and ignorance. The idea of a World Teacher for many religionists today is not in the best interest for their religion if their religion is separative and not universal in it's belief structure.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustGreply topost by Neo__

I'd suggest you take a clear look at what you are doing. I wouldn't recommend satanism to anyone. And obviously that's an understatement.

This is not satanism, at least not in the terms that you are alluding to. There is no worshipping of the devil or sacrafices or whatever satanists do. Theosophy is a road to enlightenment.

Originally posted by JustG
It's odd that those who would neglect the God of love and truth, would search for love in darkness. Those who follow this teaching are dark and evil. There is no light there. Only lies.

What makes you think that Theosophy is neglecting the God of love and truth and searching the darkness? You obviously haven't looked very far into the Ancient Wisdom. If you did you would find that it is far more objective in it's views of good and evil. Darkness is the absence of light, just as ignorance is the absence of knowing. They are both part of the same whole.

What the scientist calls energy, says Alice Bailey the religious man calls God, and yet the two are one, being but the manifested purpose, in physical matter, of a great extra-systemic Identity. Nature is the appearance of the physical body of the Logos, and the laws of nature are the laws governing the natural processes of that body.

It is these energies of God and these laws of nature that Theosophy deals with when talking about good and evil. Good and evil, light and darkness, positive and negative, selflessness and selfishness are all aspects of the same whole. This is the secret of the ying-yang symbol. For almost two thousand years the Church has twisted the truth about good and evil for it's own agenda. There is no eternal pit of fire, there is no devil ready to steal your eternal soul. Such a thing is just simply not possible. This is part of the mind control that has been fed to us in form of dogma and doctrine.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not implying there there is no real evil the world, I just don't see it as the Church sees it. Whenever evil manifests in this world it's always a result of selfishness. Most of the people in the world are still on the involutionary arc of nature, with only a relatively few exceptions in our history. Now, however, the tides are turning and a much larger representative of humanity are beginning that long struggle upwards, out of the darkness and towards the light. This is the evolutionary path, the road from matter to spirit, darkness to light, form to formlessness and selfishness to selflessness. And the Christ Himself paved the way for us.

At the very moment Christ said "thy will Father, not mine", a change of polartiy took place where the Spirit took full control of the lower personality. And why? Not to simply to die for our sins, as the famous Ransom Theory suggests, (this was classic dogma created by the early Church fathers). No, I believe that Christ died as he did as an example of what every single one of can and will do in time. "Greater things" shall we do is a concept the Church refuses to fully accept or regconize because it suggest that each and every one could truly be, in time, just like the Christ is: God-Aware.

And if we fall on the way? If we slip onto that involutionary path again? There is no soul to be lost to an eternal hell, only time. This is symbolized by the god called Chronos, the god of time, known by the Romans as Saturn, where much of the myth of Satan comes from. And time, as our modern cosmologists suggests, is only an illusion.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
These theosophists, neo-theosphits, Benjamin Creme, and others working along similar lines have a very twisted view of Maitreya.

Let's look at the "real" Maitreya for a moment, shall we? Click here, please, for starters.

The idea of Maitreya has been around in Buddhist circles for almost 2000 years. Scholars and devotees working with texts about and attributed to Maitreya have produced some incredibly complex logical arguments and massive volumes of deep scholarship, generally under the auspices of the Yogacara school of philosophy. Examples include the Five Treatises of Maitreya. Although its slow going and very academic, I suggest reading these rather than any garbage pumped out by Blavatsky, Alice Baily, or Benjamin Creme.

Nevertheless, misguided as these "neo-Maitreyans" may be with their somewhat sinister and (to my mind) at-lest-semi-Luciferian views, they do seem to instinctively understand one thing about Maitryea: He has been used for centuries to stir up trouble and as a rallying symbol for Asian rebellions,. This is because he is generally envisioned as the "Buddha of the Future" that will bring a paradise when he returns...Just like Christ returning with the Sword or the Hidden Immam of Shia Islam popping out of a well at the end of time. These messianic dreams tend to be attractive to despertate, angry mobs of people with nothing less to lose. So Buddhism, too, has its own dark and apocalyptic side. But Maitreya has also inspired beautiful art, scholarship, and devotion through the ages.

Its sad to me to see a conman like Ben Creme get his creame-y, greasy little hands all over a legitimate historical Buddhist object of devotion such as Maitreya and pervert it for his own ends. But if you click the link in the last paragraph, I suppose you'll see the Buddhists have been doing very similar things with Maitreya for thousands of years.

[edit on 8/24/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I don't really know what to think about the Matreyia b/c everytime I get to hear an interview or something, it gets turned off b/c people are upset.

Nothing I've heard upset me that much but some of the politics are definitely not mainstream. I don't get chills or freaked out. I want to hear it.

I figure though if Jesus comes back, he'll be a poor, fat chick with a bad haircut and acne from Flint Michegan or Palestine.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Thank you for this information and I tend to agree with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There is no such thing as Maitreya. Benjamine Creme pretends to channel him so that he can make $$$ off fools. Allegedly Maitreya has been living in the Pakistani section of London and allegedly going to show himself 'soon' for decades now.

Wake up. This is all BULL.

This sums up how I feel. This is how I feel about many new age topics.

As for spirituallity.. I believe its for one to discover on one's own. People spread all this knowledge, and it really is just to feed their ego.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
reply to post by Neo__

You know what I hate from anyone--Christians, Muslims, Maitryyacs...?

I hate the whole: if you don't believe it is because you're afraid or closed-minded or blah blah blah. Why be antagonistic about it?

I don't believe in Maitreya as the light-bringing savior of earth. Period. I don't get a good feeling about it. In fact, I get chills. I am a discerning individual. I can usually tell if someone is full of BS, dangerous, or crazy while everyone else is shaking their hands. I've never been wrong when it comes to identifying dangerous types.

I don't get the chills when I read about the Buddha. In fact, I want to read about the Buddha. I don't get the chills when reading about that Maggador kid who thinks he's from Pleiades. I'm very cool with a lot of alternative religions and people practicing them.

However, when I saw the picture on their website of Maitreya in the white outfit with those blue stripes hanging out with kids in Africa I got chilled and quickly killed the webpage. I get no good feelings. In fact the opposite.

I'll take my chances with my antiquated religion and Jesus. If I'm wrong, so be it. He makes me happy and that's that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I consider myself a religious person, but the idea that some kind of superman figure is going to come out of the sky and make everything OK -- be he Jesus, Maitryea, or a Kewpie doll -- is laughable to me.

At its best, religion teaches us how to live with humility, how to treat our fellow man better, how to cultivate peace with each other and inside ourselves. When you start talking about future pipe dreams of messahs, following gurus or charasmatic figures, or preoccupying yourself with mythical, gore-slathered apocalyptic fantasies, you are going down a dark road indeed, my friends -- whatever faith you happen to subscribe to.

Just live simply, so that others may simply live. Supplicate yourself before the supreme being with as much sincerity and humility as you can muster, and attempt to make His/Her/Its will your own. Never seek fruits from this endevor -- just do it. I am dancing at the feet of My Lord. All is bliss, all is bliss.

join