It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "The Family" THE "New World Order"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The Family is an international movement founded in 1935 most often referred to as the Fellowship. Other names by which it is known include Fellowship Foundation, International Foundation, Fellowship Ministries, Washington Fellowship, Fellowship House, C Street Center, and Wilberforce Foundation[citation needed]. In the past, the organization has conducted activities as:

* National Fellowship Council[citation needed]
* National Leadership Council[citation needed]
* National Committee for Christian Leadership (NCCL)[citation needed]
* International Christian Leadership (ICL)[citation needed]

The group, which has referred to itself as the "Christian Mafia,"[1] generally eschews publicity but is most widely known for organizing prayer groups throughout the United States and around the world, including the Presidential Prayer Breakfast, later renamed the National Prayer Breakfast, at which every President of the United States has spoken since 1953.[2][3][4] The group also owns or controls extensive property holdings, either outright or through subsidiary and associated companies.[5]

The Family is comprised of about 350 "core members," or "new chosen," and 20,000 "associates" or "close friends."[6] The Family asks its members not to speak about the group or its activities, with some going so far as to deny that the Family even exists.[7] Douglas Coe, the Family's de facto leader since 1969, has said that the group aims to create a worldwide "family of friends" by spreading the words of Jesus Christ to powerful men and women through "cell" leadership groups.[7] Coe and his followers teach that these elite are chosen by God and must learn to wield power according to the divine plan.[4]

Among the influential leaders who have been linked to the Family and its prayer groups are U.S. Presidents Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter, and Gerald Ford,[8] scores of U.S. Senators and members of Congress, White House and other executive branch officials, military officers, including Chairmen of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, corporate executives, the heads of religious and humanitarian aid organizations, and non-U.S. leaders and ambassadors. "The Fellowship's reach into governments around the world is almost impossible to overstate or even grasp," wrote David Kuo, former Special Assistant to President George W. Bush and Deputy Director of the White House Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives.[9]

The organization has drawn criticism for its efforts to inject religious principles into U.S. governance[7]; its ties to third-world dictators and oppressive regimes[7]; its concealment of associates' secrets, including the extramarital affairs of several U.S. elected officials;[10] and for officials' approving references to the Mafia[1]; Adolf Hitler[11]; 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden; and dictators such as and Pol Pot.[12]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
link:

en.wikipedia.org...(Christian_political_organization)#History

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It seems the Christian thing is just a front so they don't collect taxes: atheists, Jews, and Democrats are also a part of the group.

I have recently guessed the NWO is actually an alliance of the formerly rivaling world-takeover plots, to establish a One World Government on environmental and humanitarian premises, only to turn the entire planet into a fascist state.

Also interesting, the Family believe they are the "chosen people" and everyone else doesn't matter, which makes me think of Population Reduction and the Guidestones.

In June 1979, an unknown person(s) under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure.[3] One popular hypothesis is that the author pseudonym may be a tribute to the legendary 14th-century founder of Rosicrucianism, Christian Rosenkreuz.[4]

Was "R.C. Christian", actually, a member or leader of The Family?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've got this video link of Jeff Sharlet with Bill Maher.

www.dailymotion.com...

A quote from the interview:

"The normal rules don't apply, morality is for the little people."
- David Coe

This interview was on youtube but had to be taken down, Thecounterweight1 (youtube user) put it up on Dailymotion for me when I asked about it.

Edit: also, please use the 'external' function in your posts.

Edit:

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Sounds like The Godfather part 3

What a load of rubbish that film is

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Sounds like The Godfather part 3

What a load of rubbish that film is

this is a very important subject.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I agree i've been hearing more and more about "The Family" recently and I'm from the UK , would be interested to know if there is a uk affiliate.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well I am sorry for interrupting your "very important" thread, but my views are equally as important as yours, thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Doesn't ABC call themselves "The Family" too?

That would also include Disney in "The Family".

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
It seems the Christian thing is just a front so they don't collect taxes: atheists, Jews, and Democrats are also a part of the group.

I have recently guessed the NWO is actually an alliance of the formerly rivaling world-takeover plots, to establish a One World Government on environmental and humanitarian premises, only to turn the entire planet into a fascist state.

Also interesting, the Family believe they are the "chosen people" and everyone else doesn't matter, which makes me think of Population Reduction and the Guidestones.

In June 1979, an unknown person(s) under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure.[3] One popular hypothesis is that the author pseudonym may be a tribute to the legendary 14th-century founder of Rosicrucianism, Christian Rosenkreuz.[4]

Was "R.C. Christian", actually, a member or leader of The Family?

Christian Rosenkreuz was not a real person, i cant site references as they are reserved for rosicrucians only, but that name was a "pseudo" name.

but i do feel that "the family" could very well be the NWO, or least play a very big part.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by 11b1p]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well I am sorry for interrupting your "very important" thread, but my views are equally as important as yours, thanks

I'm sorry man, I guess you were making a real comparison?

What are your views on this?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
High power political figures, Mafia men, merging with the church so they are untouchable, just a thought was all, it sounds like Godfather 3, peace

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

High power political figures, Mafia men, merging with the church so they are untouchable, just a thought was all, it sounds like Godfather 3, peace

hell, you have a good point.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Well I wouldn't want to comment on it other than making that comparison until I do some reading/researching

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie DarkoWas "R.C. Christian", actually, a member or leader of The Family?

Why because he was a follower of Christ and part of a closed society? Seeing that is your only correlation, I would state matter of factually....no.

new topics

top topics

join