It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Department of Homeland Security at your Job ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Have any of you had the Department of Homeland Security "requesting by law" personnel files to be updated, including updating info. given by you to your health insurance Co. , at your place of employment ??

Three weeks ago My daughters employer held an employee meeting to inform all employees, they were being required to "update" all personnel files.
Letters would be sent home if special attention was required in a certain area in "your" file. (not so strange)
Letters requiring, address corrections, etc... were sent out.

When my daughter received her letter, it stated, she was required to bring in a "birth certificate" to prove she "really" had the son she has been "claiming" on the company health insurance program for the last 10 years.

This in itself seemed very odd, as the insurance company only required a SS # to include him on her policy from the get go, and they do an update of their own at least once a year.

Others got the same request that my daughter got. (I never viewed said letter)

The oddest thing about the letter, wasn't so much about the kind of information that was wanted... Until.... It was stated in the letter, that the request for the update information was " requested by law " and was being supplied to none other than, "The Department of Homeland Security " ! ?

She decided, it may be a way tracking down and busting people who are illegal aliens ?
This could very well be, but I don't like it one bit. To me it's just another step in the invasion of privacy and smells of health care reform.

I'm now trying to find out what, when and where exactly this "Law" (per letter) had been passed.
Could use some help.

She did not mention who the Information was being supplied to until this evening .
I ask if I could see the letter but she was half asleep and said she did not know where it was - IF she even kept it.

I will bug her tomorrow to look for it.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What type of company does she work for?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I haven't heard of or experienced this particular "records update request" but I have had people mention similar-type requests recently that typically ended up having something to do with DHS.

On a similar note, but slightly off-topic, I had a client issue me a check which was drawn on a bank other than my own. Since I was clear on the other side of town from my bank and just down the street from the bank their account was drawn on , I went there to cash it.

Granted, you typically have to show a photo i.d. when cashing a check at a bank you don't have an account with, but in this case they required that I fill out a form asking for name [o.k.], social securtiy # [m'kay?] as well as "type of employment [huh?].

When I queried the teller as to why this apparently new policy, she simply responded that it was now routine and required by, you guessed it, DHS.

I guess it was the "type of employment" part that had me going, "hmmm... what the ...?" I just said, "none".

[edit on 23-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Yes DHS has asked me for many things and they know more about me then me. But not at work and they needed the info because my wife is from Scotland (still looking for that green card in the mail) so i don't think they would ask or that i would have to update the updated.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Do you think it may be revelant to why the info was required?

She works for an automotive parts manufacturing company in Michigan.
They make interior and exterior rear-view mirrors.

The company is very near a major a border crossing.
Could that be sigificant?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Wow that does not sound right !
Why the heck do "they" need to know that for?

Big Brother, Big brother, Big Brother

I'm slowly moving off the grid partly because of these kinds of goings on.
Or wait maybe "they " are pushing me off.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well I dunno if this is related or not. Since I am a Government Contractor I was told that I must sign up by Sept 8th to use the E-Verify Program. I could use I-9's still but I had a choice to use the new system to verify all employees regardless if they were new or not. Also, do not forget that INS is under DHS now.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

Yes that is what my daughter thinks, that it all is about illegal aliens.

I would like to know what my, U.S. citizen, daughters health insurance policy has to do with DHS ?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I was thinking if her work place has some type of ties to the government then that would be the reason.

Her working for an automotive parts plant might put her closer to working witht the government then she thinks.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I know my insurance company through my employer request birth certs everytime you add a child on. I thinks its standard procedure now adays.
I dont think DHS has anything to do with it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That is what we think now.

She was told at the job that the company has picked up a Gov./Military contract.
She does not know what the part will be or what it will go on, but since they produce rearview mirorrs for cars and trucks, what ever it is, must be going on Gov./Military vehicles of some kind.

This is a good sign that some layed off employees will be called back to work.

I still don't like them nosing around in private matters but I do understand the need to verify all info. to make sure all employees are
who they say they are.

Thank You All for responding.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Theres your answer.

When a company picks up a military contract they have to do certain things differantly. They have to make sure all paperwork is up to government standards.

The wife and I are in the military. When our child is born in November we must bring in the Birth Certificate in order to enroll her in our health insurance program.

The company she works for will have to play by the governments standards until the contract is up. Tell her to expect more things that she might think is weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Thanks. I'll tell her to expect changes that may seem weird or out of the ordinary for their shop

join