It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember being hyper aware as a baby?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
dude;
im hyper aware right now;
i became this way about 2 years ago...

and...ur a baby?

i doubt i remember anything that far back.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
At 3 I remember taking a bunch of baby asprin, because they tasted good, and being in the hospital with my red boots on and this scary looking nurse putting a tube down my nose, (pumped my stomach out). remember her saying she would have to take my boots off, and I said NO, don't take my boots off. My parents weren't in the room with me, it was very scary for me.

I also remember one time waking up and went to the living room where the tv was on and on it was a movie where a baby was in a crib and somehow caught on fire.

I have lots of memories when I was very little, my parents have said they can't believe the things that I can remember for being so little.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Actually my mom and I were talking about this the other day. I asked her about two children that use to come up to her and ask if they could come in the play with me. She got this funny look on her face and said "You remember that?" I said sure!!! She said that I was less than 3 months old when those two kids lived in the same apartment complex and would always ask to play with me as soon as she pulled in from work. I can remember being very small and being carried up the steps with these two kids following. I remember thinking that they were going to make her mad for asking before she got in the house.
I find this completely strange. One, that I could understand what was being said, and Two, that I actually can remember comprehending what was going on and my thought process about it. I can also remember my mom sleep walking and bumping into my crib in the middle of the night. I thought my crib was falling and wouldn't sleep in it anymore.
I think people under estimate babies. I think babies understand and have more of a normal thought process than what people give them credit for.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My first memories are from 7 months old, I remember my grandparents house and how it was laid out, where furniture was etc. No photos exist of the house because they only lived there for 4/5 months as a temporary home and moved out when i was 8 months old.

I never realised until one day i was talking with my Mom and nan at about 14 years old and said "i remember that house", I got the usual "Yeah, Yeah what was it like then". I then sat and told them everything i remembered, even where the fruit bowl was in the living room. My Nan was so surprised she went and found the letters and rental receipts to check.

I was amazed to when i realised, I have a very good memory though, dates, times, names, places i remember very easily. I would not say photographic but very close.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Early memories as a baby could just be false memories www.abovetopsecret.com...

As much as I like that thread
, I don't think the theory itself is sustainable enough at the moment to explain anything, let alone early childhood memories.

In another thread about early memories, I wrote about some of my own earliest memories; and now it turns out that, according to family members, they could be from the summer I was TWO (not three, as stated).

Anyway, I do have impressions - touch, smell, taste, etc. - from the time I was a baby (in the crib), and there's no way they could be "false" - unless everything we perceive and remember and think, even today, is measured by the same criterion.

According to my mother she often found me awake in the middle of the night, with the eyes wide open, but not crying - just smiling and "shooshing". Cute, ain't it?

But I only remember being aware of my own self-awareness from the time I was two or three.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

T From what I heard the brain goes through a process were a bunch of new neurons are made after 2 years old, and destroying a lot of neurons from when you were a baby.

It doesn't make sense, does it?
Why would the brain "destroy" neurons (as a rule, I mean)?
It's not like you need to make space for new memories; there is enough space in each individual's memory to contain - literally, I suspect - the entire universe.

I am increasingly irritated by supposedly scientific approaches that posit some sort of "malfunction" as a rule. (But not by those who post about them, just so so you know.
)

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I am in the same boat as those that can't remember what they ate for breakfast. Unfortunately my teenage years were probably a bit too..."experimental".

This is quite interesting though. I have a young nephew who is 4 years. I think I might ask him if he can remember being a baby.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I remember when I was less than a year old, I was lying in my cot it was light blue and so were my pijamas and I could hear someone watching wrestling on the t.v, i remember it was wrestling cause as i grew older my big brother always watched it and it reminded me of that memory i had when i was really tiny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join