It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember being hyper aware as a baby?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Now psychologists are starting to rethink the babies mind. They now think the baby’s brain isn’t just a ball of thought; they are now thinking that the babies are in a state of hyper awareness. Now the farthest I can remember is when I was around 3. Does anyone recall any experience of being in a hyper-awareness state from before they were 3? From what I heard the brain goes through a process were a bunch of new neurons are made after 2 years old, and destroying a lot of neurons from when you were a baby. (Not sure if that’s true). If anyone can remember being in a hyper-awareness state as a child please recall your emotions, state of mind that you remember.

www.boston.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Now that you mention it, nope, i don't remember anything before i was 3, as much as i try to remember, the oldest memory i can recall is one from when i was 3.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Man, I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone any memories from when I was a baby.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I remember when I was about a year and a half that a guy named Dutch used to come home from work in the coal mines. He never showered after work, waiting until he came home to clean up. I would be playing in the dirt of our little front yard and he would walk towards me and yell, "Booga Booga, I am the Boogey man!" That scared the crap out of me, this old man covered in black, just the white of his eyes and the red of his lips showing through the coal dust, What a freaking nightmare this man was.
At the age of two, my family moved to Cincinnati. I was so happy to be away from this nasty man. I remember, I had just turned two, My dad had gone on before us to secure us a place to live and had gotten a job in a mattress factory, We moved into a huge building., Yeah, just two stories high, but way larger than any house I had ever seen. It was an apartment house. Red bricks, a big concrete porch. 5 families living there. I remember standing in awe as I looked up at this huge house in a huge city. It was awesome. Yet, scary. But not as scary as Dutch.
This house soon became a house of horrors for me. Dutch was just an amusement after all. What became of my mom and dad, once they were out of their element, from the little country coal mining town of Mentzel, Pennsylvania, was all poured upon my three older sisters and me. I would have hugged Dutch instead of what befell us all when we moved to Cincinnati.

Back in Pennsylvania, still 2 years old or younger, our back yard overlooked a deep rut with a rushing stream in it. My sister, the youngest one, who was two years older than me, was sitting with me as we dangled our feet over the edge, watching the stream flow, waiting for a train to go by on the other side of the rut. We were eating peaches. She told me that if I swallowed a peach pit, a peach tree would grow out of my stomach and the branches would come out my nose, my mouth and my ears, Heh, So I swallowed the peach pit and laughed at her. She got very upset because she didn't want me to become a peach tree. lol. Jeeze, I was worried for days that maybe, just maybe she was right, and I would become a peach tree. LOL. Oh, yeah, I had a tough poop a day later, lol.

My first dream that I can recall? Just a little tyke at the time. My dream was that I was escaping my mother's womb. And I sure wanted out of that womb. There was evil chasing me and I had to escape. And it was taking so damn long to get to the light.

Dayum! Pop was always trying to get into the place I wanted out of.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The earliest memory I have is form when i was about 2. I don't remember any emotion or anything. I just remember vision, not what was said either.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The earliest memory I have is when I was 4.

I don't try and keep memories that are useless to me. The only reason I remember that early memory is because my newborn baby brother about died.

Kind of hard to dump a memory of your baby brother being given mouth to mouth by a paramedic.

Other then that I have pretty much dumped everything I don't need to remember from childhood, which is to say almost everything.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't remember a thing up till three years old. The earliest memory I can recall is going to Kindergarten when I was four.

Originally posted by Maddogkull
From what I heard the brain goes through a process were a bunch of new neurons are made after 2 years old, and destroying a lot of neurons from when you were a baby. (Not sure if that’s true)

This could be true, seeing as most people don't remember anything from the beginning couple of years.

I find it odd though, because the earliest memories I do have are clear; I remember what I did each day at kindergarten and who I played with there. Everything earlier is gone, I don't even have fragments of memories from that time.

[edit on 23/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My earliest memory is from when I was 2and a half, when my brother was born and I was visiting him and my mom in the hospital.
I also started pre-school at that time and still remember the first day in detail.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If i meditate and concentrate really hard..i mean extremely hard on sometime past 3 i can remember bits and pieces. Only images though of things i know have happened because i've talked to my mom about these things that i have remembered.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I had heard this before, but when my psychology professor said it with such enthusiasm, I started thinking it's probably right...

"Anyone who says they can remember being a baby, is a F$%^&#G liar!"

lol

So to answer your question, no, I cannot remember anything from back then.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
The earliest memory I have is when I was 4.

I don't try and keep memories that are useless to me. The only reason I remember that early memory is because my newborn baby brother about died.

Kind of hard to dump a memory of your baby brother being given mouth to mouth by a paramedic.

Other then that I have pretty much dumped everything I don't need to remember from childhood, which is to say almost everything.

I'm sorry to hear that JD

But you need to tell me where this dump button is!

I have some uses for it lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I remember something from when I was young, actually I remember a lot of things though I'm not sure how old I was. I was still in a crib and I still have this memory of my sister that to this day kind of astounds me. I was laying in the crib, lights were out in the room and the TV was on so the only light source was the TV. I remember seeing my sister standing above the crib, only thing is it seemed as if she had no head; also I specifically remember her flicking at her finger nail (using her thumb fingernail and putting it under her index fingernail and kind've flicking motion with her thumb. I guess she was cleaning it?)

Anyway ever since then I always had a bad dream about manikins for some reason without heads. Of course it scared the heck out of me until I grew up a bit more.

I also remember my sister having a party and I was carrying a pizza box into the house after my parents had paid for it (she was having a party or something) I think I dropped one or two slices on the ground by accident and quickly ran to put the box on the table and pick up the other two. I was going to eat it, but my mother stopped me

I even remember the base design of the house even though we didn't stay there that long, I think by the time we left and moved to a different state I was just entering elementary school - 1st grade to be exact. I remember quite a few things, strange thing is I didn't remember most of the things (except for the manikin part) until later on in my life actually.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's possible. Our brains devour information about everything around us, constantly updating it's understanding of the surroundings - hyper aware even. But it filters most of the information from our focus, to leave us to process the most crucial things, that's why when you are board, you start to notice seemingly everything around you.

It's conceivable that a baby has not yet developed full ability to filter information about it's surroundings out.

Edit to add:
Autistics have a problem filtering information - it's a constant assault on their senses.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I cant even remember like 3 months ago....let alone before I was 3.

My memory is garbage unfortunately - it'd be interesting to somehow test this idea out though.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I only remember this person life, from two years up. Not before two years of age.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Early memories as a baby could just be false memories www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
I had heard this before, but when my psychology professor said it with such enthusiasm, I started thinking it's probably right...

"Anyone who says they can remember being a baby, is a F$%^&#G liar!"

lol

So to answer your question, no, I cannot remember anything from back then.

Yeah, LOL. Psychology can be incredibly obtuse at times.

I haven't yet found any particular early limit to my memories. There are some from months old. Some have been corroborated.

The thing about those memories is they are encoded differently than adult memories. It is nearly pure sensory recollection and so if an adult loses touch with that type of recall and tends to only recall intellectualized, processed data, then they probably would not have easy access.

Another thing that helped preserve many early memories was, being quite inwardly directed, I used to actually reflect upon things frequently which would subject them to recall as I developed.

It should be noted that the objection from your professor applies to episodic memory. Kinesthetic memory and memory related to acquisition of language are preserved from very early on, just to name a couple.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
dude;
im hyper aware right now;
i became this way about 2 years ago...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I dont remember much before 3, no need to.
That dump button is great isnt it, I still use it to this very day...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
ever thought about babies trying to explain something? Do they grow up normally these days?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join