It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... now your back, what for?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

the tall reptilian one, second from the right with his arms in a circle, according to the egyptologist who drew the depiction from the vase for us, is holding his arms in a hathor gesture. he shows other examples and how the symbol eventually became the cow head hathor. personally, i think it was a greeting from a "divine being". there's more but i can tell you're not interested in anything that isn't standing in front of you waving hello

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's doing something that seems to reference a part of Egyptian culture, but why should we assume that it's "tall reptilian", or even something they've seen. This could be the work of a child for all we know.

there's more but i can tell you're not interested in anything that isn't standing in front of you waving hello

Don't be like that, I want to see EVERYTHING you have.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

perhaps. although alot of the art from abydos is rough.

what about this? (he has way too many fingers, at least 6 on each hand)
oi.uchicago.edu...

and this?
xoomer.virgilio.it...
(looks like an underwater scene. note how the first pic of the four reptilians and greys and such, from the previous page, also has some "people" with no feet. those are interesting too. also note the larger fellow in this pic, is also holding his arms in hathor gesture.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

For the first one there is a condition, Polydactyly, where people are born with 5 fingers, 6 digits counting the thumb. There are also Ancient Egyptian Royals depicted with similar shaped "cone" heads. There may be a link - or he could be wearing a head piece.

i10.photobucket.com...

The second one, I can't see.

Attenzione, la pagina che cerchi non esiste!

Le strutture dei siti ospitati da Xoom.it possono cambiare per esigenze tecniche o necessità redazionali degli Xoomer.

I also don't think the ancients were particularly strict when it came to carving things. Some people carved women with a dozen breasts and 10 arms (perhaps thinking "if only") which was symbolic of fertility. So I think when it comes to carvings, we shouldn't assume they carve what they see.

What in the way of texts do you have? (do we perhaps what to take this to a new thread)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
here it is, the underwater scene with guy doing hathor thing. he has antenna.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/aee027514bb01531.jpg[/atsimg]

and this
oi.uchicago.edu...
and this
oi.uchicago.edu...

interesting. a debunker. first debunker of your kind for me! normally, if there's a debunk it's people trying to readjust my thinking cap off of my stargate is real theory and into something mystical or no gate exists or i'm stupid or any number of interesting derogatory/redirecting comments. but most people (well one person did say that she thought the lizard people from sumer and earlier, were wearing costumes) just kinda look at the pics and say, interesting... i note the bumps on the chests and shoulders are surely an attempt to depict scales

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

interesting. a debunker. first debunker of your kind for me!

Debunk:

to expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated: to debunk advertising slogans.

I'm not sure a debunker is the right word. I think that if a terrestrial explanation can be made, then we shouldn't assume an extraterrestrial one, at least not yet. However, I'm not big non debunking outside of Christian myth, so what kind of debunker am I, if you don't mind my asking?

here it is, the underwater scene with guy doing hathor thing. he has antenna.

What guy? By "antenna" do you mean antennae?

but most people (well one person did say that she thought the lizard people from sumer and earlier, were wearing costumes) just kinda look at the pics and say, interesting... i note the bumps on the chests and shoulders are surely an attempt to depict scales

They aren't "surely" an attempt at anything, there isn't anything sure about this. For one, these are chimeras if we assume that the heads are supposed to be lizard-esque. The Woman is feeding a child like no lizard. This is more likely to be the work of the same kind of imagination that conceptualised Griffins. The clay pellets may be decorative like a necklace is.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
ohhoo, i detect trouble on the horizon. so do you consider the word "debunker" to be a derogatory?

the head on the baby in this one, is interesting
www.hp.uab.edu...
source
www.hp.uab.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'm not going to pretend I can answer your questions. I have no idea what the truth may be about aliens and such, and I didn't watch the video you mentioned.

I would think though, before asking why they would come back, we would kinda need to know why they left. That is, assuming they were here before.

So, the question you ask seems sort of secondary to me. Are you assuming they were here before for some scientific purpose, or gathering resources, or what? The "why would they come back?" question kind of depends on the answers to "why were they here?" and "why did they leave?"...

The Terra Papers offers some explanations for just about everything, including the above questions. Good read. Fascinating piece of literature whether there is any truth to it or not.

And thanks, Republican08, now I hear that little dog from Men in Black 2 in my head singing "So now you're back, from outer space..."

Edited to add:
Oh, you also asked "why would they wait generations"... how do we know time is the same throughout the universe or that other beings can't manipulate it in some way? Just saying... Yesterday for them could be centuries ago for us, no?

[edit on 8/24/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

ohhoo, i detect trouble on the horizon. so do you consider the word "debunker" to be a derogatory?

No, debunker is a perfectly legitimate title, but debunker suggests someone who regularly does this and I've never done anything that I would consider debunking in the common sense of the word.

The figure appears to be another carving of the same figure. Another reason that I think the pellets aren't scales is because if you look lower down you can see what appears to be pubic hair represented intersecting lines. Scales are far more like those intersecting lines than a spread of circles across the shoulders.

It's not difficult to represent scales as overlapping semi-circles.

But seriously we're derailing the thread pretty bad. I'd be quiet keen to do this in a new thread.

Edit: I'm not trying to come across as argumentative or confrontational, if that's how it reads to you.

Edit: I actually think this seems more alien-esque than some of these carvings so far.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

look. her feet look like big webbed flippers.
www.hp.uab.edu...

i have a big thread on this as it relates to my research on stargate tech in ancient texts.
warning, it's 216 pages long and growing, some of the links posted by other people, have expired because the thread has been going on for 2 years
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you can post there if you want. lots of stuff for you to disagree with and write off to the mundane

[edit on 24-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

look. her feet look like big webbed flippers.

Or it's made to stand by itself. They aren't webbed when there are no toes. And even if they were, so what? This could be a fish-woman chimera - angel of good catches perhaps.

you can post there if you want. lots of stuff for you to disagree with and write off to the mundane

That's not strictly a bad thing, you know.

i have a big thread on this as it relates to my research on stargate tech in ancient texts.
warning, it's 216 pages long and growing, some of the links posted by other people, have expired because the thread has been going on for 2 years

Caw blimey.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thought this may hold some clues as to why 'they' come here, the resources they may or may not need. Once we can eliminate certain factors we can get closer to the answer. I dont know if all of you have seen this vid yet, But for those who havn't, Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

FYI, anything Michio Kaku, has ever said, at any time. I've seen it and heard it.

Lol, the guys a crazy genius!

Amazing life story too!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Kandinsky

I can't see an advanced being, presumably millions of years in the future, having political bull# going on.

Left wing, right wing. Who wins, we don't know, but they do, presumably.

I try, my damndest to see what a advanced civilization would see, and I can't see what abductees, and such see, the whole, love one another, i'd think they'd be beyond that, and would forgo emotions, into reality.

Makes me always wonder, why greys, and alien sighting that if we assume are real, why do they so NO emotion at all, why do they FEEL cold. Some evolutionary process, no item unless needed.

As for a mild thread, I'm weeding off of the hot topics, and going back to what I came here originally for. Aliens, UFO's, and Astronomy, much to learn

Wow , you cannot see how a technologically advanced being can still have physical needs? You think technology takes all problems away? You think technology and spirituality always walk hand in hand?

What makes people think they need anything from us other than our resources goes beyond me. People are too arrogant , thinking themselves to be very important :x. In Earth we may be the most important species , but in the Universe we are certainly not in the top of the food-chain , we are just "another race'.

You cannot see it , because you have never seen it , thus you make those very dangerous assumptions :O

All you have to do is look at human history , and nature itself , but now in a much grander scale.

If you take your time to think how a spiritually advanced race would act (and not only technologically advanced) , you would see that what we have today "visiting" us is most likely not spiritually advanced. Intervention is unethical.
Abduction is a crime. "We will save you" is a lie. We have a lot of deception at work here. Humanity will either mature and save itself or be deceived and fall prey to other races.

You have to look at the fundamentals

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Wow , you cannot see how a technologically advanced being can still have physical needs?

No.

You think technology takes all problems away?

Most I suppose.

You think technology and spirituality always walk hand in hand?

Oh hell no.

You cannot see it , because you have never seen it , thus you make those very dangerous assumptions :O

I made one assumption, and I don't think it's too arrogant.

If you take your time to think how a spiritually advanced race would act (and not only technologically advanced) , you would see that what we have today "visiting" us is most likely not spiritually advanced. Intervention is unethical.

By whose standards is it unethical. Whose?

I still don't see what counter attitude you've proposed.

Something about, I guess that their advanced, where not, that's that.

Doesn't really leave much but a road blockade.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Wow , you cannot see how a technologically advanced being can still have physical needs?

No.

Technology uses up physical resources , maybe you can see that they indeed need resources since they live in the same reality as we do. One that is physical.

People are afraid to think about it this way , because they really think they are going to meet themselves , and that is truly fearful.

You think technology takes all problems away?

Most I suppose.

Technology fixes some problems but also bring some with it. And that is the actual need of more resources to keep your technology up and running.

You think technology and spirituality always walk hand in hand?

Oh hell no.

Great ! Then maybe that can open up your ideas a little

I made one assumption, and I don't think it's too arrogant.

I did not mean it as an insult , but that is not only ONE assumption , pretty much everything people simply claim about it is an assumption.

The difference is if you think they are heavenly beings and are not careful , you have a high chance of being deceived . If you instead take a position over your own authority , and ask them to disclose their reasons for being here uninvited you are at least being cautious.

By whose standards is it unethical. Whose?

I still don't see what counter attitude you've proposed.

Something about, I guess that their advanced, where not, that's that.

Doesn't really leave much but a road blockade.

Do you think it is ethical for you to invade the home of your neighbour , abduct his wife , experiment on her , do some extreme kinds of mind control experiments on her and them put her back (or maybe never return her?)?

Well let´s see ;
1)You invaded someone´s else house
2)You abducted someone
3)You tortured someone physically
4)You tortured someone mentally

But it is okay right? You are doing that because you care about her!Surely.
When you could have taken a completely different path to contact someone.
Like introducing yourself and asking permission to visit your home.?

The difference between a spiritually enlightened being and one that is not , is that basically , the ones that are truly advanced do have some kind of fundamental ethic , and they would leave us to blow ourselves up , if we were really in the brink of destructing ourselves up. We have to learn our lessons by ourselves.

Perhaps it is a bit difficult to see this. But imagine that if a race wanted to save us , they would have to indirectly conquer us , they would be taking most of the decisions , and that would certainly not work in the benefit of our freedom. The difference being the spiritually enlightned would value our freedom more and the one that is not enlightned would use the excuse of saving us to look for an advantage for their own race out of this. It is not that they are cruel or anything.

What I am trying to ask is that people do not view this "visit" in a too romantic way, but more like objectvly , like we do most of the things.

(Sorry about the many edits , I ended up cutting some things out and I am not very good with quotes heh)

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Roufas]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by Republican08

The galaxy may be more like a farm.. and perhaps the positioning of the stars and things like precessional equinoxes and whatnot provide timeline indicators to indicate when to plant, and when to harvest..

that's my thinking on it

This post has some resonance with me in that whenever I hear about the bourgeoning population of this world and how we are overcrowded and so on… The Earth drifting in its orbit around the sun like a huge fruit, Ripe for picking.

I hope that is not the case but a part of me wonders about the fruit analogy from time to time and I do not like it because it makes me feel like nothing more than livestock. Could the reasons the whole phenomenon is kept so proactively secret be something to do with the visitations being a threat of some kind?

Cattle mutilations, human mutilations, and permanent disappearances globally have me questioning the reasons for the visitations. These worries persist when I am out on my own late at night watching the stars. In any case, if there is a darker danger than just meeting the greys (or worse) then I will take my chances and keep doing what I am doing anyway just in case the visitors are more benign than otherwise.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

Do you think it is ethical for you to invade the home of your neighbour , abduct his wife , experiment on her , do some extreme kinds of mind control experiments on her and them put her back (or maybe never return her?)?

I have NO reason to believe this to be any case. Personally, if I wanted a test, i'd study, then bring her back, with an erased memory, and completely fine, to live life normally. No more, no less.

lol, really If I asked to see your wife for a few weeks alone in a car, would you be that okay with it, hell no, neither would I!

In all honesty, everyone in my life right now, could die, and I probably wouldn't shed a tear, you're talking to a emotionally detached person, all i've had is gone, and my feelings fluctuate. Although, me as a person, I don't care about anyone/being,

and they would leave us to blow ourselves up , if we were really in the brink of destructing ourselves up. We have to learn our lessons by ourselves.

Try this, blow yourself up, right now, strap tnt, and blow up, then type me, and tell me if you've learned your lesson.

Obviously, you laughed, haha I can't learn a lesson if I'm in a million pieces, I suggest they only go in certain transitions. thats it.

What I am trying to ask is that people do not view this "visit" in a too romantic way, but more like objectvly , like we do most of the things.

Extreme claims, require extreme evidence.

You want me to believe in a pink unicorn show me one.

You want me to believe what this pink unicorn says, without me seeing it or hearing it, and you the same, only from hearsay.... well now that evidence is gone.

This thread is speculation, so, feel appreciated, and not reprimanded.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Roufas

I have NO reason to believe this to be any case. Personally, if I wanted a test, i'd study, then bring her back, with an erased memory, and completely fine, to live life normally. No more, no less.

lol, really If I asked to see your wife for a few weeks alone in a car, would you be that okay with it, hell no, neither would I!

In all honesty, everyone in my life right now, could die, and I probably wouldn't shed a tear, you're talking to a emotionally detached person, all i've had is gone, and my feelings fluctuate. Although, me as a person, I don't care about anyone/being,

and they would leave us to blow ourselves up , if we were really in the brink of destructing ourselves up. We have to learn our lessons by ourselves.

Try this, blow yourself up, right now, strap tnt, and blow up, then type me, and tell me if you've learned your lesson.

Obviously, you laughed, haha I can't learn a lesson if I'm in a million pieces, I suggest they only go in certain transitions. thats it.

Extreme claims, require extreme evidence.

You want me to believe in a pink unicorn show me one.

You want me to believe what this pink unicorn says, without me seeing it or hearing it, and you the same, only from hearsay.... well now that evidence is gone.

This thread is speculation, so, feel appreciated, and not reprimanded.

Oh no , you want to believe in the pink unicorn , I am telling you to look at what we have. It is the people that claim the aliens came here to save us that need to show extreme proof.

So far the proof we have makes us "speculate" that they do not care about humanity. It is quite obvious though , maybe with 50 more years of evidence it will be proven? How much evidence is necessary? After we are conquered?

We can take what history has taught us about interventions between different cultures and its consequences. That is some "extreme" proof for one.

They were always driven by self-interest , and ended up with the natives of a country being either subjugated , slave workers , or completely destroyed.
They ended up being destroyed in the end even if they lasted for some time. And how did the people that intervened acomplish that , being so low in numbers (compared to the natives)?

Taking advantage of peoples superstitions and tribes competitions / disunity.

Humanity really is a big group of tribes opposing one another , and can certaily be taken advantage of.

You distort my words when you go to the extreme of me blowing myself up (and I know it was a joke heh) I will not blow myself up , someone else might blow me up though.
If we blow ourselves up here in Earth , it will be our own fault. Life will still go on , people that blow themselves and their worlds up die , lesson learned.

It is not an extreme claim at all , not with all we have learned. People who see the contacts romantically are telling us to simply forget history , based on ASSUMPTIONS of what they SHOULD be like.

The pink unicorn is actually saying that advanced race = love for you with sugar on top , regardless of what abductions and our own history shows us.

So which one is the extreme claim?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

you guys don't suppose we're like cattle to them, do you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join