It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Sea mystery deepens after arrests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I could only find reference to two aeroplanes in Cape Verde, and I saw those in Cape Verde sites.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well I've been digging through the AP archive and my local newspaper online, and I cant find the article. I'm going to have to do some dumpster diving at work to get the paper again. I'm serious.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I could only find reference to two aeroplanes in Cape Verde, and I saw those in Cape Verde sites.

I'm about to leave to my in-laws house, called them and they still yesterday's paper. I'll scan it and upload it for everyone to see.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well it wasn't in yesterday's paper, did more research and the article was from Friday. And it was indeed 2 aircraft, ilyushin-76's. I have no idea where I got 3 ilyushin-62's from
. I read the article on Friday at work, maybe I got something mixed up there.

I'm glad I corrected myself, it was bugging me pretty bad.

Arctic Sea 'hijackers'.

The eight men suspected of hijacking their ship also landed in Moscow on an identical Ilyushin-76, a heavy Russian military transport aircraft, less than an hour before. Another plane had also touched down at the Chkalovsky military airport outside Moscow carrying officials and investigators.

Shipping experts have raised numerous questions about the ship's disappearance, most notably over why it took Russia so long to confirm its recapture and whether its cargo was really timber or something more sinister.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Interesting. Would the range factor of those aircraft figure into their use? Is that the only Russian plane with the range to go nonstop back to Moscow? Seems weird to use such large planes for that.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The tattoos mean just about nothing. Many different people use tattoos, including plain, ordinary sailors. They're famous for getting tattoos. So are gang members, convicts in prisons, Japanese Yakuza, Goths, military units, and any number of other people. So yes, maybe Russian gangsters get tattoos, but so does just about anyone else.

I think this is what happens when there really isn't any information and the news media scum have to try to come up with something. These guys have tattoos. Russian Mafiosi have tattoos. Suddenly, there's a connection.

This is probably nothing more than a piracy attempt gone bad, where the pirates had no time to get away. They tried to mingle with the crew and couldn't, obviously, and now they're stuck. No mysterious cargo, no multinational Governmental conspiracy to ship weapons of terror or nukes or anything. Just some folks trying to steal some money, who are now caught and trying to pretend that something else was going down.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wanted to say something about the very beginning article regarding the Arctic Sea. They boarded using inflatable boats. Given the geographic location of the first attack, most of those boats don't carry enough fuel to be out that far. I believe there must have been a submarine waiting for the ship to leave. It must have then deployed a team in inflatable boats to intercept the vessel. They probably hid the missiles, nukes, etc in the wood bundles. This "Wood hide the cargo." Forgive the joke. Think about it. Unless they happened to bring chainsaws or explosives, they wouldn't even be able to inspect the cargo.
Obviously this was a shipment of arms the Russians and Chinese have been sending to Africa when their war plans start. They've been sending so much weaponry to dictators in Africa its sad. Just looking at the press releases they've sent more weapons than these countries could buy at ten times their GDP. The only way they could ever get them if they were free. The other big question is why these dictators then never use the weapons. This blatantly expresses that they were told not to use them. wwiii is on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That is what caught my attention about the article. I'm not too fluent on long range Russian military aircraft, though the ilyushin-96 would seem more suitable for transporting personnel. The only thing I can think of that would require the use of the il-76, would be:

- Long distance travel.
- Cargo.

il-76

Why the need for 2 of those to haul 8 people in one, and another group in the other one is pretty questionable.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Why the need for 2 of those to haul 8 people in one, and another group in the other one is pretty questionable.
But considering that they could not use a Russian airport I don't see how they could use those aeroplanes to transport anything else.

But it's strange, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
" Russian cruise missiles "

translation:
(source: www.postimees.ee...)

Arctic Sea hijackers may have been after weapons
19.08.2009 09:03

Four russian named estonian citizens involved in hijacking cargo vessel Arctic Sea, may have been involved in secret weapons trade - Maritime experts offer explanation for the mystery around the incident.

"The odd behaviour of Russia can be explained only with the on board cargo of cruise missiles" says rapporteur on piracy of European Security and Defence Assembly, former leader of Estonian Army and admiral Tarmo Kõuts, writes Risto Berendson in newspaper Postimees.

"Irrespective of the size of the alleged narcotics shipment, Russia would have never rushed in pursuit of Arctic Sea with half of its naval forces on president's special order."

By his words, a cargo of wood is a excellent cover for undercover weapons transportation. " You can hide a entire alley of cruise missiles under the cargo of wood. The only way to find them is to bring the ship to dock and unload the entire cargo hold." says Kõuts.

Even the russian maritime experts consider the official explanation very unlikely. Maritime edition "Morskoi Bjulleten - Sovfraht" chief editor Mihhail Voitenko spoke about the subject to Latvian newspaper Telegraf, that most likely it was some kind of russian special forces operation, which true reason and intent will never be known to public.
------

Later, in a interview to nation wide popular KUKU radio, Tarmo Kõuts added:
"Their story lacks any logic. Russia will have difficulties explaning to the world, why is Arctic Sea not moving to its destination where it was supposed to go, but being directed to a Russian naval military base in Novorossiysk. Arctic Sea is not sailing under russian flag and neither are the ship or the cargo russian property.

---

Full information about Tarmo Kõuts
Go to Riigikogu (official page of Estonian Parliament) > top right corner of page click ENG > lower left corner, in "Riigikogu" section, click "Members" > in its submenu, click on "XI Riigikogu" > Nr. 29 Tarmo Kõuts

..my apologies if I misspelled something. I hope this sheds more light on this mystery

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"may have..." Again with the guessing. I think they may have been transporting interdimensional aliens who needed a ride after their craft crashed in Roswell

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Russian Subs may be preparing way for "Max Zorin" style plan, right out of Bond film...

Early this am 8/21/09 the Q-Files klaxon horn sounded general quarters in several locales. Reports from radio experts began to flood in regarding an extremely long 200+ characters Emergency Action Message likely sent from a Spaceborne Command vehicle via Offut Air base to space, air, and naval vessels in the Atlantic region. Apparently, an interdiction operation involving high probable multiples of Russian submarines operating in the deep Atlantic ocean was ongoing which probably involved a TR3-B spacecraft, multiple P-3 Orion subchasers, and other Naval assets most likely including U.S. Navy submarines.

Steve Quayle - Russian Subs Under BILL Off East Coast

[edit on 24-8-2009 by TOSFORUS]

Mod edit: "code" tags -> "ex" tags...

[edit on 24 Aug 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

I don't understand a thing of what is written in that text, is that supposed to be what?

And could you please post it as an external tag instead of code? It's almost unreadable and it breaks the page layout. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry about the "form", I am not adept at using the tools here.

My edits NEVER stick. So I will post this again fresh.

Early this am 8/21/09 the Q-Files klaxon horn sounded general quarters in several locales. Reports from radio experts began to flood in
regarding an extremely long 200+ characters Emergency Action Message likely sent from a Spaceborne Command vehicle via Offut Air base to space, air,
and naval vessels in the Atlantic region. Apparently, an interdiction operation involving high probable multiples of Russian submarines operating in
the deep Atlantic ocean was ongoing which probably involved a TR3-B spacecraft, multiple P-3 Orion subchasers, and other Naval assets most likely
including U.S. Navy submarines.

Steve Quayle - Russian Subs Off Eastern US

The Arctic Sea may have delivered devices to the Canary islands to blow the shelf and cause a massive wave to head for US Eastern Coast. I offered this theory of a "Max Zorin" plot on the first thread on the "Missing Cargo Ship".

I think it is still a VERY probable outcome.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

Here is another recent link regarding the issue. An opinion peice from none other than the CFP, but it presents some possible scenarios. This is a very neat story developing isn't it.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Sorry too much to summarize so read if you like but its long....fyi.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Me thinks that,

someone managed to releive the russian military of some sort of provocative material, like nuclear warheads or something, with the help of an insider.
Then the ship was boarded by a trying to steal the stolen materials.
Thats why the russians internalized the whole incident, and why the ship is going to a russian naval base, to remove the materials under controlled circumstances.
The cargo was never delivered even though the ship had to sail right past its destination in algeria.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOSFORUS
The Arctic Sea may have delivered devices to the Canary islands to blow the shelf and cause a massive wave to head for US Eastern Coast. I offered this theory of a "Max Zorin" plot on the first thread on the "Missing Cargo Ship".

I think it is still a VERY probable outcome.
Deliver the "devices" to the Canary Islands? To who (or whom?)?

I don't think that the Canary Islands have such a weak security system that an almost 100 metres long ship could get close to islands and not be detected, during a time when the Spanish police was receiving informations about a possible ETA bomb attack in Tenerife.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
JUST BREAKING ON BBERG:

*RUSSIA SAYS ARCTIC SEA MAY HAVE CARRIED MORE THAN WOOD: IFX

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dickbar

Link please.....

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>