It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Sea mystery deepens after arrests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
this is a Tom Clancy book coming alive, guys...

there are hundreds of thousands of ships navigating around the globe, someone could easily stack a dozen WMDs in a wood cargo or something else.
We'll never know the truth about this whole thing, the only way is to get ahold of an official in charge of the case and let him speak anonymously. then we'll know a very little fragment of the truth on which we'll elaborate...but now, conflicting reports I just read in here leave me with more questions than when i clicked on the topic.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
***This Just In***

Guess where the Russians are taking the Arctic Sea to now????

no??

come on????

Ok - It's NOWOROSSIJSK. (Just up the coast from GEORGIA!)

Link to SOURCE

Let the speculation begin!

G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Just in?

That has been known since yesterday or the day before.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Just in?

That has been known since yesterday or the day before.

Thanks ArMaP,
I haven't seen it posted anywhere?
Was it on here already?, my apologies if it was! (It's "just in" to me!!! lol)
G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I think this was just a group of guys looking to score like the Somalis have down south.

Somalian pirates can retreat and hide in the Somalian coast.
Where were these guys going to be safe ? That was the most unsuited place to 'steal' a boat. That is if you don't have some neighbouring countries backing you up.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would agree that this is probably an international conspiracy on international waters. Transporting nukes? Top secret salvage operation?

Intriguing indeed.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I agree Sancho, something is very fishy in this whole story.
The timber cargo was only worth $1.8 million so it is strange indeed.

s/f for you buddy

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

How does having tattoo's and being 'eco-warriors' make them seem that they are low level organised criminals???

Above top secret is about denying the ignorance! Not being the ignorance. I agree that its a very interesting post and would like to find out more, but I think you're making yourself look very narrow minded.

I have tattoos and do my thing for the environment, and I dont see how that would make me seem like a criminal when in actual fact im well respected within my professional life, and within my social circles and community.

Next time, check yourself before you once again become the thing you try so hard to deny!

Peace!

[edit on 23-8-2009 by daveyp1986]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by daveyp1986]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sure it seems strange but I don't think that they are transporting Nukes. It is highly possible that it wasn't timber cargo but I doubt that nuclear war is about to begin.

We have not enough information and it is too early to jump to some "Top_ Secret_Nuclear_Cargo_Failed_hijacking" conclusions. I think I am waiting for some situation update.

BTW... I was shocked that I saw my last name in the news... cause Lunev is not one of the most popular last names in Russia.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyp1986

Ouch!!! And The Flame Burneth!!!

Hey, I only wrote what the article said. I like tattoos; no narrow mindedness here.

From the article, and video it appears that the tats are consistent with Russian Prison Gangs; at least that's the impression I got.

Your tatted up, but for example I'll bet Your not walking around with Swastika, or 666 tatted on Your forehead. Not that these guys were, but I guess that a loose connection................. How about this, I'll bet Your tats aren't something like MS-13, TS=Texas Syndicate.

Again probably bad examples, but the tats the hyjackers have were not joe blow tats........... I really hope I made that clearer for You?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Artic Sea was hijacked on behalf of Israel

The Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta argues today that Israel was involved in the hijack of "Arctic Sea", and that the ship is actually on the way to Iran with Russian cruise missiles in the cargo.
The missiles was apparently the type of X-55, also known as the Kh-55 or AS-15. These have a maximum range of 3,000 kilometers and can be fitted with nuclear warheads.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
We have not enough information and it is too early to jump to some "Top_ Secret_Nuclear_Cargo_Failed_hijacking" conclusions. I think I am waiting for some situation update.
The problem is that people jumped to that conclusion as soon as they heard this case.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyp1986

I don't remember who said it earlier but they were Russian "Jail Tats". I think that is why this is so mysterious.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skekke

skekke, would you happen to have an article link regarding this? Thanks

JT

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Greenblaz]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
translate.google.com... state0=

yes... I translated it from norwegian to english...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skekke

Thanks skekke!

JT

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

my pleasure.. I just found this!!! www.jpost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not likely that they would've hidden complete missile systems on the timber gargo. Besides, they would've had to smuggle them into Finland first.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
There was something definitely going on, the ship was docked in Russia for some "modifications" and was carrying something besides timber. The ship left Finland flying a Maltese flag and with a Russian crew. The Russians are so humanitarian now, they sent warships to rescue the Russian crew? Then locked them in prison. Something is Fishy here...

Yeah that part doesn't add up, like much of this whole saga.

Russia sends a nice force out to find their fellow nationals because they might have been captured by pirates, then when they do find them, arrests them???

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I briefly went over all the posts here and didn't see anyone mention about the 3-4 Russian military aircraft that were flown into Cape Verde.

Yesterday while reading my local newspaper, the article mentioned that there were 3 (I believed it said 3) ilyushin-62, and 1 ilyushin-76 aircraft flown into Cape Verde. I remember the article mentioned that there are people questioning the reason why those aircraft were needed to retrieve the small crew, especially the need for a ilyushin-76. They were questioning what was the true cargo on board the ship the required those aircraft.

I can't find the article at the moment, I'll try and dig it up to verify my statements.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join