It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Sea mystery deepens after arrests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Arctic Sea mystery deepens after arrests

news.bbc.co.uk

"You called yourselves ecologists, which organisation do you belong to?" he was asked.

"I don't know, some kind of private firm," replied a strained-looking Mr Lunev.

"We wanted to save ourselves from the storm, so we went on board [the Arctic Sea] on the night of 25 July. When we got away from the storm, the captain wouldn't give us any petrol."

The cameraman zoomed in on the colourful tattoos emblazoned on the backs of some of the men.

The implication for Russians is that these men are professional criminals - it is traditional for criminals in Russia to adorn their bodie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi All,

I found this article dealing again with the Arctic Sea. I speculated from the last time this would turn extremely interesting, and that We were witnessing something BIG going down. I did, and still believe it could have had something to do with weapons, or material for terror attacks.

This article has done nothing, but keep my original line of thought in place. Read the snippet. Complex tattoos on eco warriors; they do sound like low level organized crime members. Also, not only them, but the crew of the Arctic Sea are in jail right now.

Interesting how the entire story from the beginning to now is wrapped in mystery, and unknowns.

It's my contention now, as it was originally that several Government were involved with this entire affair.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I doubt it. honestly.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I don't understand what you "doubt" exactly.

Should You come back in I'd like to hear which part You doubt.

The story has already proven itself extremely interesting, and there are still several journalists, and **analysts** who believe it was carrying weaponry, or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
yes i agree with sancho this whole story is very very interesting and extremely mysterious. i also dont dount that several governments are involved. i think mainly korea and russia like thy was planning and attack. or it could be us and russia? wouldnt that be weird XD

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

Hi, yes the story is starting to be picked up here, and there. I've got another thread where World Net Daily "postured" that the ship had nukes, and possibly Osama Bin Laden has them now......... I believe that's just hot air, and desensitization of the People when there is another false flag.

All I can say is maintain vigilance.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Nice video, yep, the tattoos look like the typical Russian jail tats. Seeing one with Latin script instead of cyrillics is a bit unusual.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I doubt it. honestly.

"The operation cost more than the cargo and ship combined," he said. The 18-year-old freighter officially had a cargo of timber worth only euro1.3 million ($1.8 million). Voitenko said he suspected the freighter was carrying an undeclared cargo and that state interests were involved. He refused to elaborate. Prominent analyst Yulia Latynina also said she believed the ship had a secret cargo and noted that before setting sail the freighter was in the Russian port of Kaliningrad for repairs. Latynina, writing in the online Yezhednevny Zhurnal, said she suspected the involvement of special services. She and others have reported widespread speculation that the Arctic Sea was smuggling nuclear materials.

Source

Security and maritime experts had suggested the Arctic Sea's mysterious four-week journey pointed to something other than piracy, with some suggesting state involvement or a secret cargo, possibly of nuclear materials.

Source

There has been speculation that the Arctic Sea was carrying smuggled arms or drugs. Security and maritime experts have also suggested that the voyage involved something even more serious, such as a secret nuclear cargo. Mikhail Voitenko, the editor of the online maritime bulletin Sovfrakht, told a news conference in Moscow that the hijacking had cost more than the cargo and ship were worth.

Source

Secrets apparently not being what they used to be, a report has surfaced that the nominally timber carrying Finnish owned, Maltese registered, Russian manned MV Arctic Sea was not just an old, tired timber carrying ship, but a converted into something else to be a carrier of a very mysterious cargo installed in a Russian shipyard behind a bulkhead that had to be removed to make space for it. Or something.

The official version of events was questioned by Yulia Latynina, a leading Russian opposition journalist and commentator. "The Arctic Sea was carrying something, not timber and not from Finland, that necessitated some major work on the ship," she wrote in the Moscow Times newspaper on Wednesday. During two weeks of repair works in the Russian port of Kaliningrad just before the voyage, the ship's bulkhead was dismantled so something very large could be loaded, she wrote. "To put it plainly: The Arctic Sea was carrying some sort of anti-aircraft or nuclear contraption intended for a nice, peaceful country like Syria, and they were caught with it," she said.

Source

There was something definitely going on, the ship was docked in Russia for some "modifications" and was carrying something besides timber. The ship left Finland flying a Maltese flag and with a Russian crew. The Russians are so humanitarian now, they sent warships to rescue the Russian crew? Then locked them in prison. Something is Fishy here...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Hi again Sancho,
do you have the other story that you have spoken about in the OP? It would be interesting for other such as myself that have not followed or heard of this story before.
I dont think having tatoos really constitutes much; but then again, tattoos are more symbolic than art in some cultures.
If you could provide links to the affore mentioned article, that would be great.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Hi KRISKALI777,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This one is a thread I just did following the one Your in now. It is stating pirates in the defense of Israel hyjacked the ship

www.abovetopsecret.com... This is one many People laughed at because this one outlines what a blogger thinks the Mossad will do to the US; I posted it as to remain VIGILANT. Also, To show an unsettling trend in regards to Newspapers all starting to allude to a Terror Attack.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is the original thread that caught my attention. This is MEGA long, and packed with tons of good info.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal

The official version of events was questioned by Yulia Latynina, a leading Russian opposition journalist and commentator. "The Arctic Sea was carrying something, not timber and not from Finland, that necessitated some major work on the ship," she wrote in the Moscow Times newspaper on Wednesday. During two weeks of repair works in the Russian port of Kaliningrad just before the voyage, the ship's bulkhead was dismantled so something very large could be loaded, she wrote. "To put it plainly: The Arctic Sea was carrying some sort of anti-aircraft or nuclear contraption intended for a nice, peaceful country like Syria, and they were caught with it," she said.

Source

There was something definitely going on, the ship was docked in Russia for some "modifications" and was carrying something besides timber. The ship left Finland flying a Maltese flag and with a Russian crew. The Russians are so humanitarian now, they sent warships to rescue the Russian crew? Then locked them in prison. Something is Fishy here...

I doubt that source of yours. Finnish customs said that there was no signs of repairs or modifications to the ship. The dock crew was very familiar with the ship and it is regular visitor in the same dock. They are experienced crew and would've noticed major work on the ship also.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I doubt that source of yours. Finnish customs said that there was no signs of repairs or modifications to the ship. The dock crew was very familiar with the ship and it is regular visitor in the same dock. They are experienced crew and would've noticed major work on the ship also.

Source

And your Source is....

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Mtv3 news. This is in Finnish only. Some details:

Kari Niemi, harbor supervisor. Familiar with the ship as it visits there once a month.
Arto Kurkela, Customs supervisor. Said that there was nothing to warrant a full search. No signs of modifications or recent painting.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Sancho, you've been all over this story, kudos.

The BBC article is deliberately playing up the Russian gang/ransom scenario.

We know the BBC is partial towards Israel at times, and this is precisely one of those times.

To read this article, you'd think the word "Mossad" had never been mentioned in connection with the story. It's pathetic. And it's the clearest sign there's something going on.

Dear me, they really are going to have to shut the internet down if they're going to prevent us from getting informed.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Speculative reasons for the missing vessel: * The vessel was reported to be carrying some unknown/banned/high value cargo. * The vessel was second time attacked and hijacked. * The crew themselves have hijacked the vessel on a dispute with the ship owner.

Source

But Mikhail Voitenko, the editor of Russia's Sovfracht maritime bulletin, said the ship, originally thought to be carrying £1m-worth of timber from Finland to Algeria, may have been targeted because it was carrying an unknown cargo. "The only sensible answer is that the vessel was loaded secretly with something we don't know anything about," he told the Russia Today news channel. "We have to remember that before loading in Finland the vessel stayed for two weeks in a shipyard in Kaliningrad. I'm sure it cannot be drugs or illegal criminal cargo. I think it is something much more expensive and dangerous."

Source

August 22nd, 2009 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS - Moscow, Aug 21 (DPA) A Russian newspaper claimed Friday that suspected pirates who boarded the freighter Arctic Sea were actually agents of the Israeli secret service trying to stop it from smuggling arms into Iran. According to Russian media, the Arctic Sea may have been carrying illegal X-55 cruise missiles destined for Iran hidden among its cargo of lumber. Men acting on behalf of the Israeli Mossad secret service commandeered the ship to divert the weapons away from Israel’s regional enemy, the daily Novaya Gazeta said.

Source

Then there’s version No. 3: the special services. The Arctic Sea was carrying something, not timber and not from Finland, that necessitated some major work on the ship. Something that required dismantling the bulkhead, complete with gas cutting torches, during two weeks of “repair work” in Kaliningrad before the voyage, and something so large that it couldn’t be loaded for delivery onto just any little boat. To put it plainly: The Arctic Sea was carrying some sort of anti-aircraft or nuclear contraption intended for a nice, peaceful country like Syria, and they were caught with it. And this wasn’t a one-time delivery. I’m not a believer in the omniscience of the CIA or Mossad, who might have somehow found out that on a certain date a certain old vessel would be delivering a certain little something. Most likely, it was a tried and true route that had been used successfully for quite some time. And now they’ve been caught. On Saturday, Aug. 15, the Arctic Sea’s AIS again worked briefly in the Bay of Biscay. Shortly thereafter, France announced that there was no cargo ship in the area and that the signal was coming from one of the three Russian Navy ships there. It’s tough to say why a Russian military ship would suddenly decide to send out the Arctic Sea’s signal (they removed the AIS transponder, took it with them and then somehow clumsily bumped into it and turned it on?), but, by the looks of it, that’s when Russia found itself backed into a corner. And now instead of a possible tragedy we’ll see a cover-up operation.

Source

Did someone mention Mossad?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

My thanks!
I will check it out. Good forbid, wouldn't that crush a lot of peoples ideals if the touchy-feely, do no wrong Israelites were ever involved in something this sinister. But then again, they already are and there are many that just wont see.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Yes I read those. None has any evidence in support however. Words like 'speculative', 'may', 'claimed' etc. aren't exactly convincing

[edit on 23/8/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Yes I read those. None has any evidence in support however. Words like 'speculative', 'may', 'claimed' etc. aren't exactly convincing

True, But you can hardly expect to get anything concrete from the Russians or Mossad...

Source

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

My thanks!
I will check it out. Good forbid, wouldn't that crush a lot of peoples ideals if the touchy-feely, do no wrong Israelites were ever involved in something this sinister. But then again, they already are and there are many that just wont see.

Please don't refer to Israeli's as israelites because they are not Israelites and are not even from the Tribe of Judah.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If this were a CIA, SAS or Mossad op they would have sunk the boat and that would be the end of it. These guys would never just give up and go for a plane ride to Moscow. If they were trying to hide then they would not have taken the ship through normal shipping lanes.

If they (Russia) really did suspect a nuclear weapon was missing and loaded as cargo then they would have contacted the U.S. navy for help and they would have been all over that ship like stink on pooh.

I think this was just a group of guys looking to score like the Somalis have down south.

They were probably going after someones drugs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join