It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spend A Day In The Woods!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
thank you for the thread Greenize. i LOVE nature and animals. I was born off the west coast of Scotland in a wee island. It is beautiful. I had to move to the mainland but have never lost my love of nature, beaches, hills, the sea and trees. I have tried city life.. but find it hard and crammed. I live in a town now near a beach and a big park. its great.
when i feel stressed or down I have to get out for walk. it really does wonders. it helps to ground me too. i also enjoy hugging a tree.. but try to do this when no one is looking!!!! it gives off great grounding energy!!!!

love and light

ps

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I am so sorry!! Thank you for sharing that and reminded us all of the importance of protecting ourselves!! I have picked several ticks off of my clothes and one off my side this summer... the tiny litte ones that are the size of the head of a straight pin! Thank you again!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ticks aren't much of a problem in the desert here, but i'd rather die from a tick bite than from getting run over by the city bus.

Greenize, awesome! I've raised several orphaned animals (i worked at the exotic animal orphanage) and have had at one point, a deer, a baby mountain lion, and a black lab that would all play together when they were the same size as "kids". Funny thing to see a deer chase a mountain lion around in circles

We'd use dogs as surrogate mothers for orphaned large cats and they'd maintain a lifelong relationship. And, the tigers raised in this way will get along with dogs. We've had young adult tigers that would wrestle and play and roll around play chase, tug o war with ropes, and kick up dust with rottweilers and pitbulls just like they were playful roughhousing pups themselves.

I raised an orphaned possum from a newborn that someone found almost dead and covered in fire ants. She survived and gradually became less of a pink blob covered in fire ant bites and more of a little possum. She lived in my long hair, right behind my neck like it was momma's pouch and stayed there till she was grown. Even as a full grown possum she'd go everywhere i went sitting on my shoulder, and would get along well with other critters like skunks, ferrets, monkeys, and birds. Sometimes i'd have a monkey on one shoulder and a possum on the other, just along for the ride, and i'd get some strange looks and reactions. One capuchin monkey i raised had a dog for a friend, and Frankie the monkey would ride on the dog's back like a horse. I even got him a little doll's cowboy hat that he'd wear. I also had got him a little shirt with a picture of a monkey on it that looked just like him, and he liked to wear it, he'd wiggle right into it when i'd help him dress up to go out. A monkey with a shirt , shorts and a hat is cute enough that nobody gets freaked out about it being a "wild animal" and thus he can go everywhere i go like a human kid. He'd even play along with the "bundle up like a human baby" routine if we needed to not be noticed, i'd have him curl up in his blanket and wrap him up in a little bundle that i can carry around and pretend he's a human unless someone tried to look at his face buried in blanket folds.

But yeah, just going out and getting away from all of man's silliness is nothing but good. The onlt thing that makes me sad when i go out, beside seeing trash everywhere from filthy humans, is the fact that i've got to leave all this beautiful nature and return to the concrete tomb of civilization. I'm soon going to just reduce all i own to the bare essentials and go spend everyday out in nature.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

That is awesome!!! What a blessing all the critters are! Sometimes I prefer them to people!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join