It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't freemasonry sue conspiracy theorists?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by network dude

I think I see ManBearPig hiding behind that pine tree.

finally somebody believes me. manbearpig is real. I'm serial.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

If you accused me of child abuse I would sue you. Why don't the masons do this? It's a case of put up or shut up. . !

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

If you accused me of child abuse I would sue you. Why don't the masons do this? It's a case of put up or shut up. . !
Ok, how's this? All Some men between the ages of 15 and 55 within 100 miles of Liverpool abuse children. There. I've said it. What a weight off my mind to get that out into the open.

What are you going to do about it? Do you meet that criteria? Are you a child abuser? Because clearly some males within those parameters are, and I believe you qualify as a member of that group by the criteria defined (male, within that age range, within that locale).

Of course, they'll deny it. They'll hide their true actions. A lot of men in or near Liverpool have secrets that they don't tell everybody else.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I think I can remove some of the generalization from Josh's statement and narrow it down further.

There are certain fans who cheer for the Liverpool Football Club who are participating in Satanic Ritual Child Abuse. This is evident by their continued support for a team that allowed 96 of its most loyal fans to needlessly die while watching an inconsequential sporting event. It is also obvious that the majority of them do not know what the others are conspiring about but it could be possible that the Manchester United club is using them as a recruiting ground-and we all know that United is at the top of the Premier League Pyramid and is hell bent on domination! This would make it possible that when United goes to the Champions Cup they will have the most vilinous hooligans to unleash upon the unsuspecting European populace who will then heedlessly and drunkenly clout them about the head and neck.

I would expect that you will soon be contacting a solicitor to assist you in rebuking these claims..................unless of course they are true.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Why argue a point that doesn't bear scrutiny? All that does is lend undeserved credence to the person making the initial unfounded assertion while putting Masons in the position of being viewed by others as 'the laddie doth protest too much'.

I would say the opposite. You either stand up for the fraternity and argue with those who wish to blacken it's name, no matter what the subject is, or you ignore all accusations.

Many arguments and their arguers are self-debunking and don't require attention.

I don't think you should pick and choose what to defend against! Once you start that game you leave yourself open to all manner of accusations especially if you go silent on accusations of child abuse.

And then there's the arguments that pop up whenever someone too lazy to use the search function stumbles across something new to them but old as the hills to anyone else. The child abuse one falls into that category and doing anything more than referring the stumbler to the last time the subject was debunked is more effort than it deserves.

Like I said earlier, I think the masons have their priorities wrong. If someone accused me of being in league with the devil I would shrug my shoulders and say think what you want, but if someone dared accuse me of having anything to do with child abuse I would go crazy and make sure that no one made that particular accusation again.

And the problem with that approach is that in this forum, most non-Masons prefer to believe the worst of Masons regardless of reality. Going crazy only serves to give them undeserved stature in the eyes of those who could be convinced to believe the worst.

Where's the advantage in doing that?

Maybe it's something to do with the whole masonic ethos. . ? Maybe being a mason and taking the degrees removes the ability to get angry and fight back? Maybe it just makes you more even tempered and laid back? If this is the case then it is just another reason to be suspicious of it. . .

Maybe men of "mature age" might live up to being mature and recognising a playground-class taunt as such. If not knocking someone's block off because of an Internet taunt is enough to make you suspicious of Masonry, then I sincerely doubt that there's anything good about Masonry that won't make you suspicious of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This is an Internet forum devoted to conspiracy theories. In even posting here, a reasonable person is going to expect that wild and wool and wholly unsupportable assertions are going to be the coin of the realm. If someone came up to me on the street and made the same accusation in front of witnesses, they'd be in for a world of hurt.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
[mo
That little rant about my home town and some men abusing children doesn't make sense! Your talking about a whole cityand it's surrounding area, I'm talking about a relatively small amount of people belonging to a fraternity who have been accused of abusing children and either don't want to stand up to the charge for fear that it may contain an element of truth, or who have had the ability to fight back against such a charge removed after years of being told by your fellow masons that you're somehow untouchable.
It doesn't matter if I believe the accusation the fact is by staying silent you make yourselves look guilty as charged.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

This is evident by their continued support for a team that allowed 96 of its most loyal fans to needlessly die while watching an inconsequential sporting event.

Please tell us all how Liverpool Football Club allowed 96 of it's most loyal fans to die while watching an inconsequential sporting event?
The very fact that you would mention such a thing proves that you are the lowest of the low and are almost certainly capable of anything. . . I hope others read what you wrote and see you for what you are! "Shameless. . "

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'm talking about a relatively small amount of people belonging to a fraternity who have been accused of abusing children and either don't want to stand up to the charge for fear that it may contain an element of truth, or who have had the ability to fight back against such a charge removed after years of being told by your fellow masons that you're somehow untouchable.
You've got a few things going on in that statement:
  1. you say the number of Masons accused of child abuse is relatively small
  2. you believe that Masons on ATS are among those being accused
I haven't personally been accused of child abuse, so why should I have to defend myself? To my knowledge, no specific members of ATS have been accused of child abuse, so why should they have to defend themselves?

It doesn't matter if I believe the accusation the fact is by staying silent you make yourselves look guilty as charged.
How can we look guilty as charged if nobody has charged us?

Or, if none of the Masons on ATS have been accused of child abuse, but you're saying that other individual Masons have, in the general populace then I'm sure they have defended themselves from those accusations. The big issue is that you seem to be confusing the group with the individual, and they're not interchangeable.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Wrong! I'm saying that your beloved fraternity has been accused of child abuse yet no one stands up and rebutes the accusation. Someone says the masons are a religion and you all start jumping through hoops in an effort to deny the claims.
I also notice that the sick and twisted remarks made by Augustus have been starred by some of his fellow sick minded masonic, more like moronic, friends. I should have expected no better! That's what the cult is all about. Protecting one another from criticism, the law, and normality. Whether it's a stupid remark or a serious crime you masons are going to band together and support one another. You really are a sick bunch of....

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thought you would like to see the names of those who you needlessly insulted!!?

www.youtube.com...

Get a life. . .

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
[

[edit on 9/5/09 by scooterstrats]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Please tell us all how Liverpool Football Club allowed 96 of it's most loyal fans to die while watching an inconsequential sporting event?
The very fact that you would mention such a thing proves that you are the lowest of the low and are almost certainly capable of anything. . . I hope others read what you wrote and see you for what you are! "Shameless. . "

Kind of reminds you of when people claim Masons are molesting their children during Satanic Rituals without any proof.

Also, get a grip dude, it was an analogy, not what I really think.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Making a claim that masons are up to know good including child abuse is just that, for now an unsubstantiated rumour. On the other hand, what you did is make an accusation that Liverpool FC allowed 96 supporters to die!!! Yours is an outright accusation, not a rumour!
You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking to use such an event to attempt to prove a point. . .

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

No, it is exactly the same thing, an unsubstantiated theory.

And spare me your over-the-top emotional appeals.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Your ad hominem attacks only demonstrate that you have exhausted the ability to discuss this on an intellectual level and are reduced to name calling.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join