It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't freemasonry sue conspiracy theorists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ah, I was not even thinking along those lines at all... I am sadly surprised that anyone else would..

Bushidomason

Hahahaha... funniest story ever.. some of those old guys lol ..

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Any one who thinks ?asonry is secret is sadly mistaken.. we are private. We openly discuss every aspect of Masonry, we will never say the words of the ritual however. We swore to never say the words... you can read them online, in books, hell on a masonic site you can buy a ritual book ..... but we will NEVER say the words.

Everything else we explain.. the "secrets" we don't say, according to antis.. simply are not really "secrets" .. we are the most public seret society in the world.. and its extra sad that our privacy is historic, from religious persecution, as well as political.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

STOP holding back the secrets...you guys i think its time we really tell them what we are doing...i mean for God's sake they should really know! I think it is time brethren...that the Masons of ATS finally tell the secrets that they want to know.

It's the right thing to do you guys

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

do you mean the one about the Reptilian Overlords, or the one about Bigfoot? You need to be more specific.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Is the secretary an outsider employed by the lodge or are they like the secretary in a working mans club? I'm interested because if the secretary was an outsider then it would damage the claims of the conspiracy theorists because theres no way a society with secrets would dare allow someone not under oath or part of the fraternity to access potentially damaging information.
Of course, if the secretary is a mason then it could be that masons dare not employ anyone outside the brotherhood for fear of them hearing or seeing something damaging.

I'm the Secretary of my Lodge. The Secretary must be a Master Mason in good standing, and is elected to one year terms by the membership. Most Secretaries serve multiple terms. I myself have been serving in that capacity for 11 years.

Secretaries are usually compensated, but this varies depending upon the individual Lodge's by-laws. My particular Lodge pays the Secretary two dollars per member each year, meaning every December I get a check roughly in the amount of 600 bucks for my annual service.

My Lodge also compensates the Treasurer at $300 per year. This is because both the Secretary and Treasurer do a lot of work for their Lodge on their own time.

Also, would one of the masons kindly tell me what they would have to do to be thrown out of a lodge?

Any type of gross immoral conduct is considered a Masonic offense and grounds for expulsion. Most Grand Lodges also have a clause in their constitutions which require members to automatically be expelled if convicted of a felony or gross misdemeanor in a criminal court.

And if you were thrown out, expelled so to speak, would you reveal the secrets no matter how ordinary and mundane you may feel they are?

I would not, but some have (Morgan is a famous example).

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's all very well masons saying that the so called secrets can be found easily on the web. . . So can information accussing the masons of being satanists, child abusers, NWO, the Illuminati- the list goes on. Why should we believe what the masons say and not what the conspiracy theorists say?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It's all very well masons saying that the so called secrets can be found easily on the web. . . So can information accussing the masons of being satanists, child abusers, NWO, the Illuminati- the list goes on. Why should we believe what the masons say and not what the conspiracy theorists say?

if you asked a butcher how to cut a cow up, then you asked a street sweeper the same question, which one would you believe more? Every mason I have seen on this board, has said the same thing. the "secrets" are out there for all to see. You just have to know how to filter out the other crap. All I have learned in masonry, has made my life better and made me think deeper. I consider those good things. What is so funny is nobody is asking anyone to join. We aren't looking to recruit anybody. We aren't hurting anyone, and attempt to make the world/local community a better place, yet we are constantly smeared by people who fear what they don't understand. Those same people claim to be smart, yet show their ignorance with the lies they tell. If you only knew how mundane things really are, you would laugh for days. Very worthwhile, but mundane to the uninvolved.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

No reason. You can believe what ever you want to believe. If you look in the right places and read the right books you will get the correct information. If you look in the wrong places you get the wrong information. The key is to avoid the over sensationalized, and stick to the intelligent literature.. You can come with your own conclusions though, or you could even just join a lodge if it interest you enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

What you say is true.. I have been to funerals more exciting than a typical Lodge Meeting...
Ritual days are fun, or if there is a special speaker .. but some times during meeting I want to run up and steal the "minutes" book and toss it out the door.

Sorry ML, I know that's your job to read them haha..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yes, I take your point entirely but please consider this. If you asked a butcher how to cut up a cow and he refused saying it was secret between him and other butchers but you could find the information on the web, yet when you looked you found sites claiming that butchers are secretly getting up to allsorts, of evil deeds how would you know what to believe?

Seems to me that your secrets are the route cause of all of masonrys problems!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

But we really don't care if a few people read up on us and decide we are baby eating kitten kicking world dominating bastards. Masonry isn't for everyone, we are the first to admit that. You are trying to hint at "why not just share the "secrets" openly to stop criticism" .. not worth it.

The info is out there for the enlightened to know. Or should you choose to take the journey your self, the doors are open. If you feel the need to fear something that is entirely benevolent, that's your right to do so.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In Freemasonry, the secret password that an 'Entered Apprentice' (1st Degree) is given is 'BOAZ' (Rhymes with GO-AS). This password is suppossed to be given by every freemason before entering a lodge that is performing the 1st degree ritual. In practice, however, if your face is known to other masons, you don't need to give the passowrd.

The secret password of the 'Fellowcraft' Degree (2nd degree) is 'JACHIN' (Pronounced JARKIN).

'Shibboleth' is the password that allows you to advance from the first to second degree.

In the Bible, Shibboleth, is a test word that the Gileadites made the Ephraimites pronounce. As Ephraimites could not say 'sh' as in Shibboleth, but only 's' as in "Sibboleth," this was regarded as a test of an Ephraimite; 42,000 Ephraimites were thus detected. (Gileadites - Gilead, as you know, make Tamiflu.)

The secret password of a 'Master Mason' is 'TUBAL CAIN' who in the bible is the first articifer of metals. The substitue word of a Master Mason is 'MAH HA BONE'

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tubulcain

Thanks for that but please be aware that now masons will post saying that you're talking nonsense and don't know anything about freemasonry. Its the way of things I'm afraid and just adds to the confusion.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I doubt that. I will say posting that kind of information is very rude however.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

So you're saying he's right?

Are you?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No, I am not saying he's right or wrong. I am only stating to post information whether you believe right or wrong knowing that many consider it private is rude.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tubulcain

could you please cite your source for this information. It would either dispel the rumor, or prove your post.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why should we believe what the masons say and not what the conspiracy theorists say?

Believe who you wish, who you believe is telling you the truth. You have two choices. Either

a) You believe the Masons (who seem to be either North American or UK-based) and say pretty much the same things about Masonry (allowing for differences in rites from jurisdiction to jurisdiction) but being on the 'inside', could be argued as possibly withholding the truth or dissembling

or

b) You believe the conspiracy theorists, no two of whom seem to make the same universal claims about Masonry. And for that matter, their source of 'information' typically is at best questionable and at worst near-libellous. I've yet to run across a conspiracy theorist here who has made a convincing argument about being an ex-Mason.

The choice is yours

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yes, I take your point entirely but please consider this. If you asked a butcher how to cut up a cow and he refused saying it was secret between him and other butchers but you could find the information on the web, yet when you looked you found sites claiming that butchers are secretly getting up to allsorts, of evil deeds how would you know what to believe?

I'd use common sense to weigh the pros and cons of said sites and if I really thought them to be honest and without a modus operandi of their own, I'd forswear hamburgers.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Shadow18433

Appak has sadly passed away this year.

I have never seen a "Patricia"

Freemasons use different posting style for each of their screennames
you want to know why i uncluded Appak / Patricia in the list.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join