It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Bill Would Allow Feds To Snoop in Your Checkbook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

kfyi.com

Section 163 of the bill states that the government would be allowed real-time access to a person's bank records - including direct access to bank accounts for electronic fund transfers.

Even-though the bill mentions privacy aspects, the fact remains that if approved, Obama's health care plan will give the government permission at any time to your personal bank records.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is insane. These people don't want this bill passed so badly to provide coverage for people. They want it because it will give them legal sanction to further invade our privacy, and because the health insurance and drug companies providing those sweet, sweet kickbacks are already on board with whichever plan passes. This "reform" isn't about helping the American People.

TA

kfyi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And if you don't believe that the insurance and drug companies are, at least, on board with the various plans, if not behind their proposal, I suggest doing a little reading. Here are some links:

source

As the health reform fight shifts this month from a vacationing Washington to congressional districts and local airwaves around the country, much more of the battle than most people realize is already over. The likely victors are insurance giants such as UnitedHealth Group (UNH), Aetna (AET), and WellPoint (WLP). The carriers have succeeded in redefining the terms of the reform debate to such a degree that no matter what specifics emerge in the voluminous bill Congress may send to President Obama this fall, the insurance industry will emerge more profitable. Health reform could come with a $1 trillion price tag over the next decade, and it may complicate matters for some large employers. But insurance CEOs ought to be smiling.

source

The drug industry has authorized its lobbyists to spend as much as $150 million on television commercials supporting President Obama’s health care overhaul, beginning over the August Congressional recess, people briefed on the plans said Saturday.

They are in on it, make no mistake. "Reform" wouldn't even be considered if they hadn't given their puppets in office the go-ahead.

TA

[edit on 22-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A second reason for health care reform is the spike in the number of people retiring (baby boomers) it will soon be 13% of the population increasing to 20% according to one government report. The government can not afford Social Security and health care for all these people and has to find a way to get around the collapse of the ponzi scheme called Social Security. Withdrawing health care is so they die sooner is one way.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. Barely True: Section 163 sets out goals for electronic health records. One of the goals is to include features that "enable electronic funds transfers, in order to allow automated reconciliation" between payment and billing. The legislative summary says the intent in the section is "to adopt standards for typical transactions" between insurance companies and health care providers. The legislation generically describes typical electronic banking transactions and does not outline any special access privileges.

Politifact

Could they be anymore vague about this section? Can someone describe what this means in laymans terms. It says no special acces priveleges? But they still have access? Does this make any sense?

[edit on 8/22/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If my memory serves me correctly I think I remember a $6000/single $10,000/family deductable some where in the thousand pages of the health care bill. Does anyone else remember that and have the actual reference? Thanks

If I do remeber correctly then you can see why they want electronic transfer. Even if there are exemptions you would have to go after the government to get your money back.

The "civil Asset Forfeiture" laws work that way FEAR

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

theve all ready been doing that whats the diffrence if its in writing?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If true, it's all the more reason to deal in cash. Start stashing it away!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

If true, it's all the more reason to deal in cash. Start stashing it away!

I have to use a bank account but time money stays in it as short a time as possible. I pay as many of my bills in cash as I can.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I never had a bank account until I got married....just could not get used to going to someone else to get money that is mine and that I earned. If this goes through, I will be closing my checking and my savings accounts.

S+F by the way....nice catch. Thanks for posting it.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. Barely True: Section 163 sets out goals for electronic health records. One of the goals is to include features that "enable electronic funds transfers, in order to allow automated reconciliation" between payment and billing. The legislative summary says the intent in the section is "to adopt standards for typical transactions" between insurance companies and health care providers. The legislation generically describes typical electronic banking transactions and does not outline any special access privileges.

Politifact

Could they be anymore vague about this section? Can someone describe what this means in laymans terms. It says no special acces priveleges? But they still have access? Does this make any sense?

[edit on 8/22/2009 by Uniceft17]

Politifact!?!? OMG Go check snopes.com too. Once they earn your trust with a few correct or correct-sounding answers they can manipulate you to no end. Snopes.com, for one, is a pair of old folks in their basement.

Politifact and FactCheck... LOL that's what you get when you add real money to the mix.

They have cute icons that bullet out all the 'facts'. Find the Pants on Fire icon and read the header next to it to get your instant answer... OK all better. Maybe even skim into their 'layman's translation'.

That, in and of itself, should be a huge red flag to any reader.

It shouldn't take a translator to paraphrase the English words to you.

All I would answer is that you should actually print SOME sections of the bill.

Read the bill, strain your brain, you will be mentally stronger than your congressional representative for the effort. After some mental exercises reading these bills, maybe in a few months, when the next hot topic comes up, you'll whiz through it and know where you stand.

For me, 1 section (among many) stood out...

SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED
ALIENS.
Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments
for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are
not lawfully present in the United States.

They do not outline anywhere in the bill how they would enforce that nor how they would check someones status. The FED Dollars would be paid because the doctors would demand it. The illegals would still be billed via electronic funds transfer. Illegals can and do have bank accounts.

When working in Quality Control in a business environment... Which is what the general population and others are doing to this bill... They are doing Quality Control, believe it or not...

Here's the deal... You either inspect to reject OR You inspect to accept.

That, my friend, is the KEY to what's going on.

PRO Healthcare elements are inspecting this bill to accept it.
Anti Healthcare elements are inspecting this bill to reject it.

Any reasonable person should find things to reject and have them changed accordingly. If you can't live with it NOW, you won't be able to later.

Inspect to reject. Now, you too can go into Quality Control. It's that simple.

Edit to add: We could just forgo all Quality Control inspection of this bill and hand it over to some low quality Chinaman to write; Stamp Made In China on the bill. It'll pass for really really cheap! Buy it from Walmart.

Edit to add the keystrokes used to email Politifact:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2594cd31b063.jpg[/atsimg]

If they are that sloppy with creating a picture... Press the Backspace and Right Square Bracket simultaneously to email them. Nice.

[edit on 8·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
See this is the deal, there are 5 drafts of this bill floating around, 2 in the senate and 3 in the House.

HR3200 does have language that will allow them to get real time account info to determine if you have the ability to pay, also in that bill we will be issued an insurance ID that has all our info.

Now if this language is in the other 4 drafts, I don't know, but what I do know is that I wouldn't put it past the government to try to do something like this.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The Feds don't need the Health Care bill to snoop in your finances.

Ever heard of the IRS? Ever been audited? It sucks!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
See this is the deal, there are 5 drafts of this bill floating around, 2 in the senate and 3 in the House.

HR3200 does have language that will allow them to get real time account info to determine if you have the ability to pay, also in that bill we will be issued an insurance ID that has all our info.

Now if this language is in the other 4 drafts, I don't know, but what I do know is that I wouldn't put it past the government to try to do something like this.

That's another section that gets me. Do you think for a second that with all of this REAL ID rhetoric that they'd overlook the GREATEST opportunity to enact an amendment to this bill to REQUIRE a REAL ID for healthcare?

BUT they shot down an amendment that would have required illegal immigrant checks.

The rep in my district voted it down. He's fired next election.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Yeah but this is a little different....at least it feels different. I have never had any problems with the IRS, but I know that I sure don't want the government dipping into my bank account whenever they feel like it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Non-argument. The feds would have open access on EVERY account. They won't need to do a formal audit at that point. It may create even more reasons to audit.

Is there anyone on earth that doesn't have at least 'something' to hide? Whether it's stealing a candy bar to illegal tax write-off.

[edit on 8·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

They already have that ability at tax time. They can find out how much is in your savings (its reported), or your money market, or interest bearing checking.

I have a bigger problem with this arbitrary FICO score being a mandate in some states that credit unions must base loan approval off of it. It is a score that assumes a person's character based on an algorithm that makes zero logical sense. I have a friend with zero debt and zero credit cards and an eighty K a year job who couldn't get a car loan because he has no credit. His credit union told him that they would love to help him but "its the rules" and advised he get a credit card.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So I found these on another site and started looking them up in the Healthcare Bill, tell me what you guys think.

- Sec. 401.59B, Pg. 167, Lines 18-23 - ANY individual who does not have acceptable care, according to government, will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Here are the ones the OP was talking about:

- Sec. 163, Pg. 58-59 beginning at line 5 - Government will have real-time access to individual’s finances & a National ID health care card will be issued!

- Sec. 163, Pg. 59, Lines 21-24 - Government will have direct access to your bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

- Sec. 59B, Pg. 170, Line 1 - Any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay for their health care.)

Doctors are gonna get the shaft as well....

- Sec. 1121, Pg. 241, Lines 6-8 - Doctors, it does not matter what specialty you have; you’ll all be paid the same. “Service categories established under this paragraph shall apply without regard to the specialty of the physician furnishing the service.”

There are many, many more on this site, here are the links to the site I got these from, and to the pdf file of the Obama Healthcare Plan to compare it to.

Specific information and instances

Obama Healthcare Plan Pdf

Man....this is gonna suck!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Here is the thread that a few of us dissected HR3200

It starts out with a list of claims and goes through the bill piece by piece.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Excellent, thanks for that, appreciate it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join