It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

White House Used Taxpayer Money To Send Healthcare Spam Emails

page: 3
6
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
THing is that the title is highly loaded.
Of course tax payers money! It isn't like the government produces anything else!

It is like "Bush lies about WMD, using tax payers money"
The interesting part is the spam sending, not the fact that they payed for it. (all money a government spends will be tax money)

Now if you leave out the fact that they payed for it what is left? A company screwed up, damaging the reputation of one of their customers. At least it only happened with a spam mail, and not something important like ...mercenaries or voting machines...




posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by mental modulator
 

Sorry, mental modulator, I gotta call 'deflection' on this.
Just because someone else screwed up bigger doesn't mean
Obama's screw ups are any less important.

reply to post by mental modulator
 

Clinton lied under oath in a sexual harrassment case.
That's serious.
But perhaps men don't see it as serious as women do ???


Ya'll are way off topic.

We are in a financial crisis and yet the White House wastes money by hiring a company to shill for it. Shill for it by sending partisan, uninivited, and intrusive emails to unsuspecting American citizens.

The 'transparent' White House LIED and COVERED UP the fact that it was doing this. FOX news (yes ... FOX) started to uncover this by asking questions at the press conference. Gibbs (who reminds me of the Pillsbury Dough Boy) blathered and sputtered and finally moved on to another questioner and refused to consider what was being asked about unsolicited emails.

Now before someone starts yelling about right v left ... the Bush white house also did some things like this. It's true. However, Obama said he was different. He campaigned on it. People bought into the lie.

Obama offers No hope. No change. No unity. No transparency.
He's just another typical lawyer-politican who lies and is self serving.
Are we clear on that yet?


[edit on 8/23/2009 by FlyersFan]


I am not intending to deflect, I am intending to point out that there is a double standard
being applied by the people in this thread and it appears you are accusing me of the same... Unfortunately I do not understand how this is an impeachable offense as OP
stated. If it is, then surely BUSH'S process to get to war, intentional push to squelch freedom and use of the military to funnel cash from the war depo to his friends...

Any how I am not seeing fire with this one - I have spoken up about Obamas lying about the three tiered justice system and withdrawing from Iraq - FF wanna proceed
with this and you will waste time - It is a Misdemeanor amongst Felonies -



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Unfortunately I do not understand how this is an impeachable offense -

I certainly don't think it's impeachable.

FF wanna proceed with this and you will waste time - -

Proceed to expose Obama's administration for telling lies .. sure.
Proceed to expose Obama for being just another typical poltician... sure.
But I'm with ya', mental modulator, that it's definatley NOT impeachable.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why is it whenever Obama does something wrong his minions immediately turn to the childish tactic of yeah but so and so did that.

You folks just don't get it it would seem. Lots of us are equally upset at Bush and Obama, at the right and the left. If somebody on the right does wrong it does not justify somebody on the left doing wrong. Most children learn that by age 6.

This whole thing is worse than just these emails. Far worse.

It has been illegal for any administration to keep a list of those who don't agree or an "enemies list" since Nixon.

The second thing is that once these lists are on the White House computers they can never be removed until after he is out of office. So he gets to keep his illegal lists.

They clearly think that they can do it by using "third parties" and blaming them.

Remember the enemies list that was in our face a week or two ago? Where they wanted their good little sheep to report anyone that does not agree with the Health Care Plan? That list went straight to the White House.

One thing is getting very clear. Obama only believes in Free Speech if it agrees with him. This guy gets scarier every day. This guy is power mad and not in a remotely good way. We have not had a President this arrogant since Nixon. He does not even hide it.

Anyone really think Obama will take the blame for this violation of the law? Get ready to hear the excuse it was done by "third parties" a lot from this guy. He will never take the blame for orders he issues. This man is an elitist who sees everyone else as inferior to him. Just like Nixon he thinks he is above the law.

At first I thought he was another Carter. Now I think he is something much worse. More dangerous than even the arrogance of Nixon as his followers don't even know the difference between right and wrong. They think the rules only apply to the other side.

Combine this man with people like Pelosi and Soros and you have a nightmare lurking just out of view. He just loaned two billion to a state owned oil company in Brazil that did not even need a loan. Soros owns the largest private stake. The money will be used for offshore drilling which he won't allow American companies to do. He is all about the paybacks he will get after he leaves office. I would not be surprised if he does not even run for a second term if he does what he wants first term.

He turned on his Mother, his Grandmother, his Church and anyone else that got in his way. What do you suppose he would do to us?

People are finding these indiscretions too easy. Imagine what we are not finding?

[edit on 8/23/2009 by Blaine91555]



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Why is it whenever Obama does something wrong his minions immediately turn to the childish tactic of yeah but so and so did that.

You folks just don't get it it would seem. Lots of us are equally upset at Bush and Obama, at the right and the left. If somebody on the right does wrong it does not justify somebody on the left doing wrong. Most children learn that by age 6.

This whole thing is worse than just these emails. Far worse.

It has been illegal for any administration to keep a list of those who don't agree or an "enemies list" since Nixon.

The second thing is that once these lists are on the White House computers they can never be removed until after he is out of office. So he gets to keep his illegal lists.

They clearly think that they can do it by using "third parties" and blaming them.

Remember the enemies list that was in our face a week or two ago? Where they wanted their good little sheep to report anyone that does not agree with the Health Care Plan? That list went straight to the White House.

One thing is getting very clear. Obama only believes in Free Speech if it agrees with him. This guy gets scarier every day. This guy is power mad and not in a remotely good way. We have not had a President this arrogant since Nixon. He does not even hide it.

Anyone really think Obama will take the blame for this violation of the law? Get ready to hear the excuse it was done by "third parties" a lot from this guy. He will never take the blame for orders he issues. This man is an elitist who sees everyone else as inferior to him. Just like Nixon he thinks he is above the law.

At first I thought he was another Carter. Now I think he is something much worse. More dangerous than even the arrogance of Nixon as his followers don't even know the difference between right and wrong. They think the rules only apply to the other side.

Combine this man with people like Pelosi and Soros and you have a nightmare lurking just out of view. He just loaned two billion to a state owned oil company in Brazil that did not even need a loan. Soros owns the largest private stake. The money will be used for offshore drilling which he won't allow American companies to do. He is all about the paybacks he will get after he leaves office. I would not be surprised if he does not even run for a second term if he does what he wants first term.

He turned on his Mother, his Grandmother, his Church and anyone else that got in his way. What do you suppose he would do to us?

People are finding these indiscretions too easy. Imagine what we are not finding?

[edit on 8/23/2009 by Blaine91555]


Blaine please point me in the direction of the law or statute that says (in some form, even close) that outsourcing a marketing campaign to a third party is in violation of the law... Once again ALL WHITE HOUSE and government operations are driven by public money. SECOND email is a much more efficient way to communicate...

I can go on... In this case specifically, what is your problem and then tell me in what manner is this beyond the pale of conduct? Lets stick to this, give me your logic please.



[edit on 23-8-2009 by mental modulator]



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now before someone starts yelling about right v left ... the Bush white house also did some things like this. It's true. However, Obama said he was different. He campaigned on it. People bought into the lie.


What was it that Bush did, I can't recall.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator
 


They are using these tactics to gather lists of those who don't agree with their policies.

You may not be old enough to know about Nixon? After he was impeached regulations controlling the Presidents activities were passed to make it illegal for the President or his Staff to compile or maintain these lists for obvious reasons.

You must have been absent the last couple of weeks when they put up a site so people could report to them things people were saying against his Health Care Plan. They had to stop after it came out it was illegal.

What is going on here is these so called third parties are gathering information and sending it in. The lists these email went to are on the Administrations computers now.

Its all part of the same thing. They can't do it themselves, so they have others do it and send it in. Then they can claim it was done by others and they have their information that would be illegal for them to get on their own. Once its on their computers another law means it can not be deleted until it is vetted for the national archives after he leaves office. They get their cake and eat it too.

I believe he orders a fall guy to set this stuff up to get around the law. Somebody who will take the fact the original request came directly from Obama to the grave. That is exactly how Nixon operated. That is why these lists are illegal.

The White House could not send these emails to anyone unless they were requested by the recipient of their own volition. They wanted to do an end run around the law, so we get these "third parties" and the convenient excuse for them to use.

Now these peoples who's information are illegally on the White House computers can not even be removed. Because of Nixon he also can not delete anything from tapes, files or computers while he is in office. Now he has the lists he wants and he has circumvented the law.

Do you really think these things just happen on their own? The original order comes from the top. Do you think he is stupid enough to not know how the White House may or may not gather information legally?



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
OK, so does someone want to explain how much it costs to send an e-mail? Because, last I checked, it was just about free, except you had to actually have some sort of an e-mail account to do it. So I'm not sure I'm too worked up about using "taxpayers money" to send out e-mails.

I think such actions fall under the province of hoping to inform the public about a topic that is under discussion by lawmakers. I see no problem with that at all. In fact, I'd like it if our government would keep us informed about the laws being discussed. If we had some idea of what was going on, maybe we'd start to object to the ones that are futile or illegal or otherwise wrong.




top topics



 
6
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join