It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Robot hand shows off amazing dexterity, speed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Heheheh...21st century hand job

Ouch! We'll just have to start you off with a kiss for now

[edit on 27-8-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deadoralive

Very impressive. It looks like you could put that hand on
Commander Data. All we need now is a positronic brain.
It turns out there really are positrons! Check Wiki.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Wow! I'm impressed.
I think we could put army of those on the moon in order
to mine Helium 3.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
Intersting but not really new. If you have ever been into a High tech Automated factory, you see robots doing this all day. All they have really done is make it do applications that we can relate to.

Maybe one day Terminator will be real! we don't seem too far off this.

I'm heading off to work on Extra strength Magnets and magnetic fields. Its the only thing that will knock these suckers over.

show me what automotive robot can dribble more than once, or throw an object into the air, watch its rotation, adjust itself accordingly, and catch it perfectly on the sides of the phone.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by tjack
So starred and so flagged!

This tech is amazing!

The dribbling time was literally the blink of an eye, and it got in 6 or 7 dribbles!

I predict robot ninjas in the future.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by tjack]

[edit on 22-8-2009 by tjack]

too bad all of this is coming from asian countries...we are going the way of the old empire of england...the industrialized world has been able to practically bankrupt us with our war spending around the globe...time to deposit us into the trashbin of history and move on to the more lucretive high tech regions of asia. we will be seeing a low growth, part-time minumum-wage economy for several decades going forward. time for all the american kids to take chinese language courses...they will be your masters in a few short years...and with that let's give a shoutout to all those millionaire and billionaire american industries for getting the hell out of dodge (america), to move on to the next rich profit center...what great patriots they are...hip..hip...horray!!!!.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by jimmyx]

the fact is,in western societies it is not cool to be smart or intelligent or to read books and do well in school.the other day i saw a programme bout indian parents pushing their kids to read and do well at school.it was amazing how important education is considered to be.

in the west smart people have special names.nasty sounding names.

they have special nasty sounding names to put them down..

everyone dislikes and hates "nerds","geeks","dorks","swots".

girls hate them too. so they are dying out...

girls?...they prefer to go out with violent thugs who beat them and give them another fatherless child and sponge of the welfare producing more dead beats..

it is cool to smoke weed and hang out at street corners,smoking crystel meth and snorking coke...

all the celebritis promote such life styles.

western societies seem to be degenerating fast.

maybe you should see a banned film called idiocracy.shape o things to come.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Robot stability, movement, and reaction time?
How about this?

As someone who has a bit of a nitch for robotic applications, Boston Dynamics gets a gold star.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The science of humanoid robots has come a long long way. That Sony robot was supposed to go on sale for the lay person like you and me. Sad that it didn't, they would have made a killing. I know I would have bought one.

I think if they combine this kind of dexterity with the asimo's intelligence we would have quite the bot. I agree with your mining idea, we could also land on some asteroids for raw materials also. Plenty of iron, gold and platinum in those hills.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join