It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Robot hand shows off amazing dexterity, speed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hmm Universal Soldier here we come

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yeah.... It's called, home made EMP device and a few 50 BMGs. let's focus on not producing more stupid weapons.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

wow..

very impressive...but I maintain my position...

Robots (android robots) will never be as adaptable or capable as humans

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadoralive
reply to post by griftin

One question. When they finally do master the whole robotic slave thing doing all the work for us.. What are we gonna do for work?? No need for us then

spend all our time practicing sexual alchemy and psychological purity in order to metamorphose into a higher form of human.
but wait that's a totally foreign concept ...
oh yeah interspersed with creative arts and music.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Wow. This scares the living hell out of me.

It won't be long now.

The Robocalypse commences.

Who does one fight a Robot?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Wow. This scares the living hell out of me.

It won't be long now.

The Robocalypse commences.

Who does one fight a Robot?

Feed it logical paradoxes?

Cool stuff, doubt I'll be alive to see it come to real capacity, which is somewhat depressing. Probably about the time I'm 80 and just in time to feel the cold robot hand wiping my rear.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It's time to take that technology and combine it with this technology:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sounds great as long as the 'people' get them and not the Federal govt. We'll never see them till it's too late if the Fed's get a hold of the patents.

I could use one at home at the moment.
It would be nice to keep a robot on guard.
Some would prefer one in a nightgown; though that was a Goooogle gone wrong.......
)

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Man, what I'd give to see that thing shred up a guitar.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by griftin

There's an issue with the three laws though. Building intelligent robots that abide by the three laws is completely voluntary. I am almost certain that not all robot manufacturers will include this safety net into their robots.

Also, lets face it, the most dangerous intelligent robots of all of them, military robots, sure as hell won't have these laws programmed into them.

Now the thing that scared the crap out of me is the reaction time of these robots. Can you imagine a military robot that could move, as a whole, almost faster than we can perceive movement? Try taking one of those things down in a war.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
that three fingered hand reminds me of the arm in terminator 2 that they keep locked up. that stuff is really cool, hopefully it doesnt become self aware.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
OMG!
that is the most awesome robotic thing I have ever seen.
The rice grain had me on the edge of my chair, with an open mouth, until I saw the cell flip.
That is some cool tech.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The movie really had no effect on me until it grasped the grain of rice and again as it threw the cell phone into the air and caught it. And it makes you wonder, if that is possible, why do we need anyone for any kind of labor. Entire industries can be replaced with robot workers (arms etc. not even full robots) The only thing you would need humans for is oversight. It also makes you realize that the production capacity of humans using these robots would increase ten fold. You wouldn't need teenage girls in China anymore to sew clothing and textiles together anymore. I know a lot it automated as it is now, but with this kind of dexterity, flexibility and visual and sensory recognition you increase the possible applications 100 fold.
And then I wonder, if the production industry became nearly fully automated, what would you do with that class of people. Let's face it, lower class people are bread in most countries only to produce more workers. They do not have any quality of life whatsoever. The governments let them multiply because profit is gained from their existence. But what happens when there is no profit and the majority of the working class become a burden?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadoralive
reply to post by griftin

One question. When they finally do master the whole robotic slave thing doing all the work for us.. What are we gonna do for work?? No need for us then

I love you view point on life. we live to work. i dont even know wha tto say to you to be honest. almost a slight anger with a large taste of disgust.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by deadoralive

I need this on my body... Superhuman!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
this can be a good thing, not a bad thing as most people think.

think about it for a second:
if we have robots doing everything for us.. farming, doing all the labor work for us.. oil well drilling, etc.. almost anything you can imagine (with enough dexterity).. once it is PERFECTED.. then why would we ever need to work again?

we could live in harmony with the robots.

just a thought.

-qwertopuss

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Cell phone regrasping, and rice manipulation...

We're dead if these things ever become aware...

LOL

Can you imagine a complete head to toe robot?

Can you imagine how fast and accurate it would be?

You would stand no chance what so ever...

It would out dodge us, out think us, out perform

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I would like to be the first to sign up for the new robo arm test group, I will let you know if there are any side effects. I will let you know via the fastest text message you have ever seen.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
S+F

Very interesting, i can imagine how a complete robot would be, accurate, incredibly fast, tough, emotionless and feels no pain, the perfect killer.

Ultimate Soldier.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Hey Brain you o.k, you kind of just stopped mid sentence. Like a robot came and

Just kidding. You are correct sir, it is not like terminator. If science goes all the way (and they will) and these things become sentient bei

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join