It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of re-birth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No, but I would miss my last life family. I have thought of this when considering HEAVEN and hell and those who I love who may not make it to HEAVEN. But to not have memory of those who didnt make it, I guess would provide a better concious for those in heaven.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Eh, re-birth isn't scary anymore. For one the akashic records are available to to relearn all past info once the cycle of death and birth are broken. Plus enlightenment and nirvana will be achieved by everyone eventually =)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Not really afraid of re-birth. I think that if we get to choose when we reincarnate, that I will come back to Earth when we have more technology, and when there are less illnesses (like cancer), and wars. That will be nice!

And I hope that when I come back, we can have awesome robots helping us around the house (not evil ones like in the movies, though! haha)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
Death? blah! Not scary at all if you ask me, i think "death" will be a fun experience personally. As for re-birth? I'm not sure, it would scare me if i thought i was going to be reborn, but I see myself already as a Sakadagamin.

Seeing yourself as a sakadagami does not make you one.

So I ask you are you afraid of re-birth? Even if you can pick out your next life, hows that any better? your past life memories are wiped and you start anew, like amnesia. How does it make you feel? What of it?

I wouldn't want to remember my past life at all. For one I'm too much occupied with my current and the next. What if I was married to the love of my life and she exists today but is married to someone else. What if I can remember all those I've met and am fond of and can recognize them in this life but they can't recognize me. Watching a memory from my previous life is like watching a movie I've already seen, why would I? It would be nice though if I could put all my belongings in a safe deposit which requires a password at the end of my life, to remember it in the next and get my stuff.

Ofcourse, not being able to remember my past life memories I wouldn't be aware of missing out on anything so it wouldn't affect me. I don't care much about what I did last week, what use is the memory of me standing in line at the grocery about to pay for my groceries?

If I could pick my next life I would try and take rebirth in a wealthy family ofcourse, anybody can be happy but not everyone can be rich.

[edit on 27/8/2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
Death? blah! Not scary at all if you ask me, i think "death" will be a fun experience personally. As for re-birth? I'm not sure, it would scare me if i thought i was going to be reborn, but I see myself already as a Sakadagamin.

Seeing yourself as a sakadagami does not make you one.

So I ask you are you afraid of re-birth? Even if you can pick out your next life, hows that any better? your past life memories are wiped and you start anew, like amnesia. How does it make you feel? What of it?

I wouldn't want to remember my past life at all. For one I'm too much occupied with my current and the next. What if I was married to the love of my life and she exists today but is married to someone else. What if I can remember all those I've met and am fond of and can recognize them in this life but they can't recognize me. Watching a memory from my previous life is like watching a movie I've already seen, why would I? It would be nice though if I could put all my belongings in a safe deposit which requires a password at the end of my life, to remember it in the next and get my stuff.

Ofcourse, not being able to remember my past life memories I wouldn't be aware of missing out on anything so it wouldn't affect me. I don't care much about what I did last week, what use is the memory of me standing in line at the grocery about to pay for my groceries?

If I could pick my next life I would try and take rebirth in a wealthy family ofcourse, anybody can be happy but not everyone can be rich.

[edit on 27/8/2009 by Dragonfly79]

Well even if I'm not I'm getting closer as the day goes on..

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Really, how does the thought of an after-life, control humans? Wouldn't it be the other way around?

Sure, if you believe that you only live one life, a time span anywhere from 0-100 years, and after that life you face judgement on whether or not you enter heaven or hell, I can see how that may control an individual.

However, if an Atheist, for example, does not believe in an after-life, than his only concern is of how he will live his one and only life. He will not be thinking in regards of growing spiritually, as it would not matter - instead, he would be turned to more physical pursuits striving to attain material wealth and advantage.

The downfall to that, however, is what if there is a system to life? To reincarnation and a general experience of life in the Universe? What if the overall goal of an indentity is to learn as much as he can whilst experiencing individual incarnations? If one is not aware of this goal, is it not possible that the individual would negate his true purpose in existance in exchange for self-gratification and instant reward?

I feel that a life such as an atheist is very limiting as I know inside me that there is much more to reality than what is presented to us from birth. We are aware of the surface of reality, but what about beneath?

Just the fact that you are alive, right now, is kind of a weird occurance, don't you think? Does it make sense for you to be alive now or to be alive at all?

If there is no purpose to life besides reproduction sortly followed by complete annhilation, than why are we even alive at all?

Science touts to know it all, when it comes to the mystical, denying the existance of a subtle level of life that permates throughout all of existance.

I do not believe that we are a result of some freak accident, as what would have caused that accident in the first place, and where would the materials, energy, and inspiration for such an accident arise from?

Surely there must be some sort of source, where we all stem from. You cannot create something from nothing.

I see order where others see chaos, I see structure where others see loosely designed forms. I know that there is a form of higher intelligence that exists as life itself is a form of intelligence. It takes intelligence to create intelligence, there must be some sort of blueprint or archetypal pattern to creation that allows the manifestation of life and the Universe as we know it.

There is a pattern throughout creation, it is seen among the stars and within the plants of our earth. It is seen in architecture, man made and natural formations. It is known as the fibinoncci sequence and sacred geometry.

Just because YOU don't recognize the intelligence in nature and creation, does not mean that there is no higher source upon which we stem from and are in constant connection with.

Life, reality, and the world we know are much greater than we could imagine. The mind, as expansive as it is, is an amazing tool of creation. Consciousness is interlocked with the outside reality you experience as it relies on your own thoughts, intents, and emotions to create it!

We, in essence, are one. We are nothing more than vibrations flowing with energy experiencing life in a hologram of sorts.

Energy is not destroyed, so where does the energy that fuels not only your consciousness and thought, but life source go after death? It is absorbed into the ground? You buy that simple answer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join