It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of re-birth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Death? blah! Not scary at all if you ask me, i think "death" will be a fun experience personally. As for re-birth? I'm not sure, it would scare me if i thought i was going to be reborn, but I see myself already as a Sakadagamin. So I ask you are you afraid of re-birth? Even if you can pick out your next life, hows that any better? your past life memories are wiped and you start anew, like amnesia. How does it make you feel? What of it?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nope. And if I have a choice, I will pick another planet.

Starting over here would be like having finished struggling for 80 years with something, only to start over again. No thanks.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well,as a person i believe in reincarnation.

Im certainly not afraid of re-birth.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Marc008]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
Death? blah! Not scary at all if you ask me, i think "death" will be a fun experience personally. As for re-birth? I'm not sure, it would scare me if i thought i was going to be reborn, but I see myself already as a Sakadagamin. So I ask you are you afraid of re-birth? Even if you can pick out your next life, hows that any better? your past life memories are wiped and you start anew, like amnesia. How does it make you feel? What of it?

why is it so hard to believe that once you die...YOUR GONE FOREVER. this obsession with the afterlife is pure fantasy. and fantasy used on humans to control them while they are still alive. live life the best you can, be kind, be thoughtful toward your fellow man, and enjoy the brief time you have.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

why is it so hard to believe that once you die...YOUR GONE FOREVER. this obsession with the afterlife is pure fantasy. and fantasy used on humans to control them while they are still alive. live life the best you can, be kind, be thoughtful toward your fellow man, and enjoy the brief time you have.

Why? because of astral projection. More then 1000's of accounts where people that have clinically died, all say the same exact thing, all have the same effects of that to a astral projection. I can too astral project. My second reason is, e=mc².
So i ask you! why cant you accept the fact that there may be a afterlife?

[edit on 22-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
this is a deep question.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Or one might consider that this is the best and most honorable place to be born, because here is where the opportunity to learn lessons about love and life are the greatest, given the problems we have on our hands here, not the least of which is a lack of conscious awareness. One COULD be given a great task to accomplish here in a next life, here on Earth where the rubber REALLY hits the road and goes places far and wide.. ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I personally plan on coming right back. I like it here. Good food, decent company and incredible sex. What more is there to ask for? The learning curve isn't that tough, be a decent person and odds are you'll get along just fine.

It's a beautiful world and I'd miss it if I didn't come back.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

If there are many other locations to be, I doubt Earth is the best one. Perhaps we learn about the effect of having large ego's and exploiting others and our environment on this planet. That would fit.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I personally plan on coming right back. I like it here. Good food, decent company and incredible sex. What more is there to ask for? The learning curve isn't that tough, be a decent person and odds are you'll get along just fine.

It's a beautiful world and I'd miss it if I didn't come back.

LOL I heard sex is even better in the astral planes/realms/w.e xD

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I plan on coming back as soon as possible too.
Seems I did this time.

Next time tho, I do not want to be a baby againg....waste of time.
I will look for a suitable young person who is leaving and then take over the body, heal whatever the problem was..which I could do since not being of the same mind....and be a miracle to the family....but with a changed personality.
Maybe that way I can keep much of my memories and knowledge.
Watch out world!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would like to pick an easier path next time.. this one has been really hard.
mmmm may be come back as a cat.. eat, sleep and # all day!!!

I am not afraid of it though.. think this incarnation has gave me strength to cope with anything!!

love and light
ps

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I couldn't agree more. I've always had the belief that as an incarnation on Earth, a very small percentage ever find and have all they want or seek. There is always something missing and there is always at least the potential for deep pain, whether it be physical, spiritual, or mental. Even other people's deaths are part of your life if a loved one is lost. My Mom has had a very rough life and I always tell her that her soul had to be very evolved to take on such challenges. Someone else early in this thread mentioned that they would never want to come back to earth (if you believe in reincarnation). I cant imagine any spirit willingly wanting to come back here. That just shows you the depth and complexity of life and the many things we just can't understand from this (earth/3 dimension reality) perspective...which makes it all the more rewarding when we do feel we have gained some great wisdom, either from within or from another source. What you believe may really shape your afterlife as well, but in the end, I only see a place where no one ever fails and stays in that position. We all get there eventually.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by stevochivo]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well if reincarnation exists, I don't think I would fear it. But it raises the question of what is the point of life if we just get shot back into it again?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Not if I can be reborn as MYSELF... preferably without leaving the body at all.

I mean it.

Because - as you said it well yourself - if you aren't reborn as yourself, you won't be YOU.
All of your memories, affections, aspirations, loving recognition of everything (including your loved ones) that is today the most cherished core of your Self - all of YOU - would be gone. You might as well be somebody else. You would be somebody else. So, why would it all even matter to you? It would be the death of YOU.

Thankfully, I do not believe in reincarnation - certainly not for all people.
IF it exists (I believe the events that some interpret as "evidence" of reincarnation could just as easily be explained otherwise) it may happen to some, but not necessarily to all.

"Afterlife"... now that's a different story.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If reincarnation exists I would not go through the process voluntarily. At least with the mindset I've had since I've existed. If reincarnation exists the lack of past life memory seems to me to make any notion of "spiritual learning" useless since you're essentially doomed to repeat mistakes unwittingly over and over again. I don't see the point in it anyway.

If I was forced to come back I would at every point attempt to get a precondition of actually having past life memory awareness.

I've read many near death experience accounts and there is a multitude of reports of experiencers fearing a return to their lives. If NDE reports are true and they come back to life anyway then it makes me even more wary that reincarnation (if it exists) would be completely involuntary. Much as how childbirth itself is involuntary to the child.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Frith]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Not if I can be reborn as MYSELF... preferably without leaving the body at all.

I mean it.

Because - as you said it well yourself - if you aren't reborn as yourself, you won't be YOU.
All of your memories, affections, aspirations, loving recognition of everything (including your loved ones) that is today the most cherished core of your Self - all of YOU - would be gone. You might as well be somebody else. You would be somebody else. So, why would it all even matter to you? It would be the death of YOU.

Thankfully, I do not believe in reincarnation - certainly not for all people.
IF it exists (I believe the events that some interpret as "evidence" of reincarnation could just as easily be explained otherwise) it may happen to some, but not necessarily to all.

"Afterlife"... now that's a different story.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Vanitas]

Well the YOU you speak of is the ego, so really reincarnation isn't scary, because you were always yourself you just don't pay attention to it, and that is the self that will surpass the chain of rebirth and death.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Personally i would rather just one life, sick of 99% of people. But who knows?

I would think the people behind the scenes may know though. As you soul must be attached to your body with a frequency, so who knows.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I would think the people behind the scenes may know though. As you soul must be attached to your body with a frequency, so who knows.

wat in hell r u talking about?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In a way,yes. So far life has been very good for me. I wonder in my next life, does my bill come due?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join