It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Georgia Technically At War With Abkhazia

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is REALLY IMPORTANT.

And NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT IT.

Let me explain.

Those country are presently, RIGHT NOW, technically at war.

Georgia VS Abkhazia and Russia.

First.

What is a blockade?
Blockade Wiki

It is distinct from a siege in that a blockade is usually directed at an entire country or region, rather than a fortress or city. Also, a blockade historically took place at sea, with the blockading power seeking to cut off all maritime transport from and to the blockaded country. Stopping all land transport to and from an area may also be considered a blockade.


Second.

Georgia blockade on Abkhazia:
GEORGIA SEIZES SHIPS (3 ships seized so far)


GEORGIA said Thursday it had seized two cargo ships visiting its rebel Abkhazia region this week, as it steps up efforts to enforce a naval blockade of the Moscow-backed breakaway province.


Third.

Abkhazia Warns Georgia Over Vessel Seizures

Georgia’s breakaway Abkhazia accused Tbilisi on Thursday of trying to suffocate the Black Sea territory and threatened a “proportionate response” to a Georgian blockade in which two ships have been seized this week.


Fourth.

Abkhazia runs out of oil reserves


Georgia`s breakaway Abkhazia is facing oil crisis. Local television reports that the region is running out of its gas reserves. According to the separatist minister of economics, they have only two day reserve of fuel.


(That was august 19. It means they've run out of fuel yesterday)

Fifth.

Russia have military bases in Abkhazia.

Russians to boost Abkhazia bases

Sixth.

U.S. Marine Corps delegation in Georgia to discuss military ties

A delegation of the United States Marine Corps arrived in Georgia on Friday to discuss military cooperation between the countries, Georgia's Defense Ministry said.

A team of U.S. marine instructors earlier arrived in Georgia to train a battalion for service as part of coalition forces in Afghanistan. A team of 60-70 marines will be in the country for six months to help train a 750-strong battalion.


So let get this straight.

Georgia is enforcing a blockade on Abkhazia. This is AN ACT OF WAR. Abkhazia is running out of oil. Russia have bases in Abkhazia. US troops are in Georgia.

Both countries are technically at war. And Russia is on one side...and US marines on the other. What happens if shooting starts and US marines are killed?

NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT IT.

EDITED because Ukraine is not technically aiding in the blockade...but they are arming Georgia.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Vitchilo]




posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wish Russia the best. Though they should tread carefully here. The Jewish Empire keeps baiting them. And they bite!
The Chinese would never fall for traps like that.

[edit on 8/22/2009 by eldard]



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Both countries are technically at war. And Russia is on one side...and US marines on the other. What happens if shooting starts and US marines are killed?

NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT IT.


Abkhazia is not recognized by a majority of the world as an independent country.

Wikipedia: Abkhazia


...the European Union, NATO, and the rest of the UN members recognise Abkhazia as an integral part of the territory of Georgia.



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II
 


Well then I guess all is alright! Or we just change the title to Civil War in Georgia, Russia helping the terrorists who want to be independants and don't want to be killed because of their political beliefs.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Vitchilo]



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II
 


Well then I guess all is alright! Or we just change the title to Civil War in Georgia, Russia helping the terrorists who want to be independants and don't want to be killed because of their political beliefs.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Vitchilo]


Sounds like a civil war to me. If you wish to classify the Abkhazia citizens as terrorists, that's your call.



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's funny how western media is obsessing with the Megrahi story. I wonder if this whole argument between the US, Scotland, Britain and Libya has been orchestrated to prevent the media discussing Georgia as something big seems to be going off there!



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am not saying abkhazians are terrorists, I was just sarcastic.

Anyway, update on the Ukraine role...

Russia accuses Ukraine of fighting for Georgia against S.Ossetia


Russian prosecutors said on Monday that Ukrainian troops and members of a nationalist group were involved in Georgia's attack on South Ossetia last August.

"Ukraine's regular Defense Ministry units and at least 200 members of the UNA-UNSO nationalist organization joined Georgia in its military aggression against the republic of South Ossetia," the investigation department of the Prosecutor General's Office's said in a statement.

Russian investigators say they have found uniforms, photographs and documents belonging to Ukrainian National Assembly - Ukrainian National Self Defense (UNA-UNSO) members, as well as documents authorizing them to use vehicles provided by Georgian authorities.


Interesting...but not very surprising since Ukraine was giving arms to Georgia.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Vitchilo]



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I am not saying abkhazians are terrorists, I was just sarcastic.

Anyway, update on the Ukraine role...

Russia accuses Ukraine of fighting for Georgia against S.Ossetia


Russian prosecutors said on Monday that Ukrainian troops and members of a nationalist group were involved in Georgia's attack on South Ossetia last August.

"Ukraine's regular Defense Ministry units and at least 200 members of the UNA-UNSO nationalist organization joined Georgia in its military aggression against the republic of South Ossetia," the investigation department of the Prosecutor General's Office's said in a statement.

Russian investigators say they have found uniforms, photographs and documents belonging to Ukrainian National Assembly - Ukrainian National Self Defense (UNA-UNSO) members, as well as documents authorizing them to use vehicles provided by Georgian authorities.


Interesting...but not very surprising since Ukraine was giving arms to Georgia.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Vitchilo]


The Russian's are just upset that nobody wants to fight with them and be their allies.



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Georgia allegedly plotting terrorist attacks in s.ossetia


Security services in South Ossetia say Georgia is preparing to carry out terrorist attacks in the republic. The reports are coming just a few days before the republic marks the first anniversary of its independence.

“The state security committee of the Republic of South Ossetia possesses authentic data about plans of Georgia’s special forces to prepare and carry out terror acts on the territory of South Ossetia in near future,” stated the security body.

Security measures are being stepped up. Citizens have been warned to report any suspicious activities to the police.

The news comes just a few days before the republic celebrates the first year of independence from Georgia, after Russia and later Nicaragua recognized the state.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join