It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Rumsfeld Visits Baghdad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
In a surprising move with contraversial timing, US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, is set to visit Baghdad and specifically the Abu Ghraib prison. The goal of the visit is hard to understand.It seems certain to inflame further Iraqi outrage and the international community is bound to view the visit with some degree of cynicism under the circumstances.

Perhaps a more direct apology to the Iraqi people is on the cards but that seems unlikely after the recent beheading of Nick Berg.

Embattled US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld has arrived in Baghdad on a surprise visit.
The trip comes amid continuing controversy over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US forces in the country.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[Edited on 5-13-2004 by Valhall]

[Edited on 5-13-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i can see the next submission with rumsfeld's name it...

"rumsfeld lynched by angry mob in baghdad"

maybe he should just sacrifice himself and be done with it.

i dont think this is a good idea...for his personal safety anyway...

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i can see the next submission with rumsfeld's name it...

"rumsfeld lynched by angry mob in baghdad"

There is a bounty on him of $10 million or so.
Revenge plus a chance of money might make a lot of people try to get him.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It's sheer lunacy for Rumsfeld to announce ahead of time that he is going to Iraq AND where he will be visiting.
Most of these high level visits are announced after-the-fact.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The article says it was a surprise visit, it is being reported after the fact. Why is it that Bush and Rumsfeld will visit soldiers when they are alive, but not when they are dead? M (i.e. funerals)

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Suprise visit? Was it just me? During the Q&A segment, it looked like the troops were reading the questions off a piece of paper. The first Girl to ask a question did not do a good job of 'acting like it was her own'. Why would she have a question written down, if it was hers, when it was a suprise?

I did not get to catch all of the questions, but were they pre-determined by Rumy and Myers?

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hell Trick, according most here, "everything is pre-determined", eh?

Hey Curme, you know of any major government official that visits those "dead"? Senators, Congressmen, etc.?
Let me know, being if you did find anything, it would be a remote situation and occurance, k?

seekerof

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
It's sheer lunacy for Rumsfeld to announce ahead of time that he is going to Iraq AND where he will be visiting.

It's sheer lunacy for Rumsfeld to go to Iraq PERIOD. His presence will only serve to further infuriate anti-American sentiment and put additional American lives at risk! I'm sick and tired of this moron trying to cover his lying arse!!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm glad he went, glad he was well received, and glad he announced it ahead of time.

Better than putting a mask on and making a videotape or audiotape in a cave like those cowarldy scum terrorists.

I hope it did piss some people off. It gave the troops a big boost in morale.

new topics

top topics

join