It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have seen solid crafts and not just lights ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm trying to see if we could get the members who have seen physical, solid appearing UFOs to describe their encounter.

This is not for sightings of lights, orbs and the like but more specificly the solid, substantial, physical variety.

Along with a description of what you saw include the time and the place.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I have.
Here is a paste
When I was very young around two year’s old (living in Scotland), I went missing from my back yard. My Mother tells me that she was at the kitchen sink washing dishes and watching me. She left the room to fetch something only for a moment and when she came back I was gone.
I was found hours later about a mile away behind a shopping centre. All I remember is riding home with the police and them asking me if I knew where I lived? I did not. Also, I was riding a trike in the back yard, it never showed up again.
The thing is, the layout of that community is in such a way that there is only one way in and out with a crossing guard at the intersection. When I went missing, my Mother ran out and asked the crossing guard if she had seen me, but she had not
The next big incident happened in 1997, (now living in Canada) I was driving back with my friend, from North Dakota. He was attending school there. It was late at night in the summer and the road was dark (there were no street lights). All of a sudden it felt like a blanket was being pulled over my head. I looked up and there was a giant, black triangle (HUGE triangle) over the car moving very slowly. It didn’t make any sound which struck me as so odd. My friend was sleeping at the time. I was yelling at him look, but he didn’t wake up in time to see it speed off behind a hill range
Over the years, I told so many people about that incident. Well anyway, last year I went to the auction and bought another car that was cheap on gas (same kind of car I was in when I seen the triangle). So, I am driving it home and I start remembering that night back in 1997. All of a sudden it dawns on me that things didn’t fit right about that night. I do not remember stopping the car or rolling the window down, that really bothered me.
Moving ahead, I am not sure how long after, maybe six months: me and my wife are lying in bed almost asleep, eyes closed when there is this bright blue flash (really bright). I am about to say to my wife what was that? (not sure if she is awake or asleep) when she says "what was that". I would have put it down to thunder or an electrical surge, but again there was no noise and our blinds are black out blinds (they don’t let light in).
About four months ago I am lying in bed sleeping. When all of a sudden, I feel I have to sneeze, but I can’t. I can’t move at all. A voice in my head tells me not to move (it seems female for some reason, I don’t know why). In my head, I say “I have to sneeze” but it replies, “you have to wait until the bone comes out” . I get a mental image of a wishbone coming out of my nose. It doesn’t feel like a bone I suggest ... no response. It feels hard and smooth like glass or tensile steel. Its in deep, its still coming out, still have to sneeze so bad, again it says “not yet”. I can feel the pressure on the inside of my nose like its spring loaded, just as it comes out I hear a "Ting" like two glasses clinking together. I can sneeze now. I sit up I am on the edge of the bed and I sneeze. All this gunk comes out, (not to be gross but snot all over my chest). I have to get up and clean myself off.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I'm trying to see if we could get the members who have seen physical, solid appearing UFOs to describe their encounter.

I've seen a video of one made by someone else, does that count? If that's off-topic here feel free to delete this post and accept my apology.

This clip is from 1966 and talks about the "oldfield film", I don't know the exact date of the film but it gives the names of the couple that shot it and other details.

It's a pretty clear video of a UFO outside an airplane window.

(click to open player in new window)

At the time that was taken, I'll bet not one person in a million could explain it. So this clearly proves that people do see objects in the sky they can't explain, and they aren't crazy, or hoaxers (well some might be, but the vast majority are NOT).

We now know what it is they filmed but you can see it's a very interesting real film that is NOT a hoax.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is the first time I've heard of the oldfield video but WOW... thats SOME evidence right there....

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
This is the first time I've heard of the oldfield video but WOW... thats SOME evidence right there....

The reason you haven't heard of it, is that it's no longer unexplained. The explained sightings lose interest, only the unexplained sightings keep people interested. But I think we can learn something from the explained sightings too.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I saw three steel grey disc's traverse the sky from east to west when I was an undergraduate at a small state college in Eastern New Mexico. I was during summer school about twilight.

About 3 years ago I saw a silver sphere disappear into a cloud bank in central New Mexico. About noon.

Also about 3 years ago in the San Luis valley of southern Colorado while fishing in a stream, I saw a green sphere about the size of a basketball follow a fence line and blink out of existence; About 3 in the afternoon.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Around 1980, I-295 in Rhode Island, i was a kid, looked up and saw a silver disc, shiny, and obviously a disc in the sky, it had unambiguous shape.

I saw the "phoenix lights" craft from the flap in 2006 i think, the same day that it was all over the news i was leaving Tucson on I-10 and saw it, big black 1/4 mile wide triangle with lights on the tips. I was also right down the street from Davis Monthan AFP and it looked like it was on a standard approach. It wasn't standard craft though.

Once i saw a shiny black "egg" land, it made a hum like a high voltage transformer, and had no jetwash/rotorwash, and was just a solid black egg about the size and similar in chape to the fuselage of an MD500c helicopter. No tailboom, no rotor, not even skids, it just either hovered there very low, like an inch or two, or sat on the ground on it's belly. When i got within 50' of it's location (i was TRYING to approach it crawling low and in the darkest shadows to "catch" it
) the craft rose into momentary hover, and then just accelerated off with no change in the hum except for doppler shift when it left.

I've seen what people call ufo's sitting in a hangar at a military installation, wingless diamond shaped lifting body(?) stealth UAVs about 8 to 10' long. The techs working on them were human from what i can tell.

From what i've seen, i'm pretty sure about 99% of actual UFOs that demonstrate intelligent control of some sort are along the lines of these things that i don't think are ET. I'm not saying that ET isn't flying around, but that the REAL DEAL ET isn't what we're seeing. The real ET most likely has different methods and modalities, and ways to not be observed.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

G'day Arbitrageur....

I've not heard of that "Oldfield" video before......that's really interesting.

Why don't you consider starting a new thread about it?

I think it could spark some strong, interesting discussion.

Go on......it wouldn't take a pro like you too long to do it.....

Cheers
Sam60

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've seen a triangular craft about the size of a highschool football field. It started as a light in the distance and once it got close enough i could tell it was triangular. I have seen identical lights in the sky since...as has my friend which saw this with me. We saw what looked like a Borg Diamond from Star Trek a few nights ago that had an orange glow to it when it passed over. It was about the size of a Boeing 767.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Hi Arbitageur, could you explain what it was found to be, or give a link please? I did a google search, on "oldfield ufo" and "oldfield sighting", but couldn't find anything.

At first glance, I thought it might be some kind of blimp, but the turning looked a little fast to me, I'm very curious what it turned out to actually be.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I created this in photoshop after seeing the object. The length was 50-75% longer than a commercial airplane. No tail or wings. Slowly moved into a misty cloud and disappeared. Never saw it emerge from cloud.

I had a strange feeling it noticed me too.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I have not seen that video or that case either...
That is amazing to say the least.

ty for that video lol

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I was in the Florida Keys between Big Pine Island and Little Torch Key about 4:30 in the afternoon. It was a clear sky. We were proceeding north in the channel returning from a fishing trip to the front side (Atlantic between the Keys and Cuba).
I saw a four engine jet which appeared to be at cruising altitude. It must have been on its way to Mexico as it was heading due west. Since we were at the 28 mile marker (distance from Key West) and there is nothing between Key West and Mexico for landing anything and Key West doesn't have the facility to handle a large jet, Mexico was the likely destination.
The boat we were on was diesel powered and loud. I could hear nothing. I was watching the plane to see if I could see the sun glint off the wings. I was always fascinated by aircraft and had been in the USAF for four years.
The plane was high enough I could not identify it other than it's basic propulsion and that it appeared to a normal sub-sonic carrier.
I noticed another object, after a moment. This was a round object. It was quite remote also. Since stereoscopic vision quits at less than a thousand feet, I can't state with any assurance at how big it was. It must have been a globe. The side facing the sun was golden. The trailing side was an umber. As it flew west the perimeter lit by the sun smoothly shifted as if it were a globe. It flew behind the aircraft. It did not do anything execept trail precisely behind the plane. It was at least fifty percent larger in it's corss section than the plane's wingspan.
Assuming the jet was at it's optimal altitude and speed (It appeared so.) A 250 foot globe was doing 500 MPH+ at about 40,000 feet.
The globe had no protrusions of any sort and very serenely moved in lock step with the plane.
I know no man made object that could perform in this manner.
I watched it for about 5-8 minutes. It never altered course nor did the plane, which incidentally did have the sunlight bounce off it's wings.
My father-in-law also stated that he had never seen anything like it. (Caveat-He had diabetes and I'm uncertain as to exactly what he had seen.)
I thought perhaps the plane was towing it but a sphere that size with no aerodynamics applied doing that speed, NO WAY!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think this happened in 1996, I was working in Branson, Missouri, then and driving to work one morning during a thunderstorm, an hour or so before sunrise. Nearing Tablerock Dam I noticed a horizontal row of red lights to my right near the transmission tower there, and realized belatedly that if it was horizontal it wasn't the radio tower. Going over the dam I looked to my right to see if anything was visible--driving rain, lots of wind and lightning, visibility was pretty bad but the area is well lit with lights on the dam and in the generating area below the dam. There was a craft flying alongside the dam, matching my speed (45 mph) and only a few feet away. It was a Stealth shaped craft, black in silhouette with a few small red running lights, and I could see it very clearly. This was in the days before the Stealth was public knowledge, so I didn't know what I was looking at really. It was close enough to me that I could look into the cockpit at the pilot, who was dressed in a flight suit and helmet and took the time to look back at me cruising along in my Hyundai. Then we both had to go back to paying attention to our driving.

What still bothers me about this is that I think 45 mph in a heavy thunderstorm, with wingtips about ten feet from the edge of a concrete dam, with high tension powerlines not far away, is pretty much of a stretch even for a Stealth fighter plane. That seems like it ought to be well below stall speed. This plane was absolutely stable, like it didn't even respond to air currents and weather. I got another look at it as I exited the dam, and it was banked at a vertical angle, turning in a slow arc near the powerlines below the dam. At that speed, and that angle, there's nothing to hold the plane up. But, it was very stable.

Seemed pretty real, just some technology we aren't supposed to have.

Jimmyth

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

G'day Arbitrageur....

I've not heard of that "Oldfield" video before......that's really interesting.

Why don't you consider starting a new thread about it?

OK Sam and others who asked, please give me 24 hrs and I'll start a thread on it and explain what that video is, if I don't find one already on here. I didn't find anything on Google when I searched there so I figured many people probably weren't familiar with it. It's one of my favorite videos, it looks to me like that thing flew away at over 6000mph and I know we didn't have anything that moved that fast back then. Even today we might have craft that can go that fast, but they can't accelerate that fast, so it's fascinating to me.

I'll just give a hint now, I think it has something in common with the Kenneth Arnold sighting.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thanks Arbitrageur

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Count me as seeing solid craft. I saw these craft during the day last year in Panama. They flew around the city off and on for several hours.

I also got a good look at the Phoenix lights in 1997 and that was during the day also.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This past December, it was a cold, clear night when I stepped out back to smoke a cigarette.

As it was so clear, I was staring at Orion, trying to pick out as many of the fainter stars as I could. My night vision was about as good as it gets.

Had I not been staring at this one spot in the sky, I'd have never noticed the object cruising at very low altitude, moving from due east to due west.

I actually ducked, it shocked me that such a craft could be so low, surprise me so completely, and be so silent.

It was a "dark" triangle with zero lights.

It seemed to shimmer and the bottom tended to blend in with the background night sky. The outline was much more defined.

This seems to contradict, but while it was "dark," it also seemed to blend in with the background.

Altitude above ground level was certainly less than a thousand feet, it never altered altitude, velocity, nor direction.

My hair was standing up as I watched it cross the sky and disappear over the trees.

To have continued on its path, it would have crossed the main runway at Hurlburt Field a few miles away. A dangerous move with no running lights.

The only thing I recall thinking at the moment I was watching, was, "I hope that's ours."

If this thing moved at very low speeds, it would be almost invisible with the shimmering that was almost a perfect background for the night sky.

It was so difficult to detect, that I never would have noticed it unless I had been staring at one spot. Only the slight disturbance in an otherwise non-moving night sky enabled me to detect it.

Now? Now I know that to carefully scan the sky isn't sufficient enough to detect what I saw. You have to go from spot to spot and hold that stare to see if anything adjacent is moving.

Imagine trying to detect the "Predator" at night against a night sky. Far from easy.

And I do hope those are ours.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneangrymonk

I had a strange feeling it noticed me too.

It's funny you say that. I just spent like 10 minutes thinking how I felt (on my sighting 10 years ago being a kid) It was watching me too. And in my dreams, where I see a light in my room or outside and I see the "ship", I feel I shouldnt watch because they "know" when I watch and come over, so I close the courtains.

Probably common instict, nothing paranormal. But still, funny.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric

No it isn't

You can clearly see it isn't in fact 'turning' as suggested. I can see exactly what they're filming. But I'll let others guess

Anyway, count me as another 'saw solid craft', I'll post more later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join