It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Bill to Pass East Coast, Head to Canada (Update2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok, do you have your rainboots ready?
This could be a wet scenario and that they are evacuating people on off-shore rigs cant be a good sign...

Hurricane Bill to Pass East Coast, Head to Canada (Update2)
Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Hurricane Bill is forecast today to pass through open seas between the U.S. East Coast and Bermuda as it moves toward the Canadian Maritimes. A tropical storm warning was issued for the southern Massachusetts coast.

The storm had sustained winds of 105 miles (165 kilometers) per hour, making it a Category 2 on the five-step Saffir-Simpson scale, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami. It was 410 miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, and moving north at about 22 miles per hour, the center said today in its 8 a.m. advisory. That position is about 510 miles south of Nantucket, Massachusetts, the forecasters said.

While the hurricane is forecast to eventually curve away from the U.S., a tropical storm warning was issued today for the coast of Massachusetts close to Cape Cod, from Woods Hole to Sagamore Beach, including Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, where President Barack Obama and his family are scheduled to travel tomorrow for a week’s vacation. The hurricane should also reach Canadian waters tomorrow.

“It will definitely be a hurricane when it reaches our Maritime waters Sunday,” said Peter Bowyer, a program supervisor at the Canadian Hurricane Centre in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. “At thispoint, it is still not possible to give all the specifics everyone wants.”

It’s poised to bring as much as 6 inches of rain and hurricane force winds to the Maritimes, the centre predicted. The provinces are also experiencing the highest tides of the year, so there is potential for a large storm surge if Bill arrives at the wrong time, Bowyer said.

Bermuda on Alert

Bermuda, a British overseas territory, is under a tropical- storm warning. The center of Bill is expected to come within about 200 miles, the Bermuda Weather Service said. Troops are on standby as the island faces total rain accumulations of 1 to 2 inches.

Bill will raise the tides 3 feet above ground level near the coast of the island, the weather service said.

Large swells from Bill “are affecting the Bahamas and Bermuda and beginning to affect the southeast coast of the United States,” the U.S. hurricane center said. “Large swells will begin to affect much of the remainder of the U.S. East Coast and the Atlantic Maritimes of Canada later today and Sunday. These swells will likely cause extremely dangerous surf and life-threatening rip currents.”

Workers are being evacuated from the Sable Offshore Energy Project, a gas field 125 miles off Nova Scotia, said Margot Bruce-O’Connell, a spokeswoman for Irving, Texas-based Exxon Mobil Corp. The rigs, backed by Exxon and Royal Dutch Shell Plc, were closed for maintenance and the storm won’t affect production, she said.

Refineries Watched

Some refineries in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick may be at risk, including closely held Irving Oil’s Saint John plant that processes about 300,000 barrels of oil a day, according to Olivier Jakob, an analyst with research group Petromatrix GmbH in Zug, Switzerland.

“The marine environment on Sunday and Sunday night is going to be a harsh environment,” Bowyer said. “It is too uncomfortable a scenario to take a chance on.”

[edit on 22/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Tides 3 feet above normal high tide which also co-incides with Spring Tide this weekend. NHC and CoastGuards were saying that with added rip currents theres the possibility of massive coastal sandbank erosion.
By Tuesday night Ex-Hurricane Bill makes its way onto the shores of Northern Ireland, models predicting winds sustained of 50mph..just under Tropical Storm force but enough to cause damage as tree's here in the UK are still in season.
We have also had a lot of rain from Atlantic lows the past week, combined with Ex-Bill the system will introduce more moisture and precipitation over the Scottish mountains adding yet more flooding to the rivers.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Hurricane BILL Forecast Discussion

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fad1cc5ea78.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : National Hurricane Center

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Heat and moisture make a level 1 hurricane. There is a molecule in the air which annihilates neutrinos which our Sun and exploding stars make. Suppress production of those neutrinos and all hurricanes are level 1 hurricanes. Strontium hydroxide sprayed into the clouds where hurricane green color is present also bring hurricanes down to a level 1 hurricane.

We have been suppressing neutrinos which pump up hurricanes this year pretty well. I noticed a change in our solar programs lately were undercutting hurricane suppression so I adjusted the solar programs again. Hurricane Bill started losing strength the day after I sent in my analysis. The solar program change was also supposed to reduce Earth temperatures a little for drought areas around the world. The second phenomena does not seem to have occurred or not tried by Majestic Twelve.

The alpha of "alpha and omega" event mentioned in the bible starts on August 31, 2009. Hypernova Alpha Auriga is the biggest of the hypernova possible for Earth star system. Federal Reserve Bank please pony up another trillion dollars to get through 61.47 days of hell.

I am the man of wisdom and the US government is holding off the supernova of our Sun under my direction by placing a billion dollars of materials in the Sun every day. This is year 12 of the Apocalypse. Wake up sleepy heads. A new heaven is already above your heads. A new Earth is coming soon.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Weather forecasters were saying yesterday that because of a large cold front all along the Eastern seaboard of North America, there was no way that Hurricane Bill could come ashore there, even though at one point it had been aimed straight at Cape Code. Good to know for future reference.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ex-Bill wasnt quite the disaster as feared by many on the weather forums. Saying that however the moisture and CAPE its left behind has paved the way for a Barocyclonic Low to come crashing into the UK following ex-Bills wake on Friday.
Taking full advantage of the energy this will be one nasty low pressure system and will Danny coming up towards the Bahamas it seems the Atlantic is firing up again.
Today was quite nice walking through a ex-tropical storm however, being buffeted by the occasional gust and feeling warm tropical Atlantic rain blowing in my face. Quite eerie to think only a week ago the very same system was a CAT4 Hurricane just south of Bermuda.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh. Ok. At first I thought it was a hurricane bill being discussed. I must be losing my mind. Of course you're talking about the Hurricane named Bill.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If Congress passes this Hurricane bill, why would it force people to evacuate to Canada? Is it that bad? I am glad I don't live on the east coast.

Edit

reply to post by Hazelnut

Oh, me too. My bad. I like your kitty.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by pluckynoonez]

top topics

join