It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Paterson Blaming Media & His Own Party Of Being Racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
N.Y. Governor David Paterson is blaming the media & the Democrats of being racist for asking him not to run for reelection next year.

Gov. David Paterson blames calls for him to step aside on race

Gov. Paterson blamed a racist media Friday for trying to push him out of next year's election - launching into an angry rant that left even some black Democrats shaking their heads.

"The whole idea is to get me not to run in the primary," Paterson complained on a morning radio show hosted by Daily News columnist Errol Louis.

Paterson has been the target of Democrats who fear his low approval ratings - 18% at their lowest and about 30% now - will endanger the party next year if he decides to run for his first full term as governor.

Looks like the Dems love of 'playing the race card' to divert attention away from their own incompetence is starting to boomerang on them.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
All the cries of rascism from the left and their media lapdogs is starting to remind of the story of the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It sounds to me like he was blaming the MEDIA, not his own party. Regardless... he's apparently doing a bad job. It's certainly doesn't sound like it's because of his race. This comment from his is very telling:

"We're not in the post-racial period," Paterson said.

"The reality is the next victim on the list - and you can see it coming - is President Barack Obama...

Without the context of his whole comment, it sure sounds like he's playing the race card here. "We're not in the post-racial period." He may as well have said. "I can still claim discrimination. and if you fire me, you lose Obama."

That's pretty ridiculous. But I haven't seen his whole statement.

new topics

join