It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EU conspiracy. Wake up ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
im disgusted with the irish governments stance on lisbon.

we said NO to the lisbon treaty, because we dont want to give up our neutrality(however we do send troops as part of peace keeping forces) and we dont want discisions on taxation etc taken out of our hands. our banks already have hardly any control over making changes.

the point is we said NO! we VOTED NO! then the government says, "the people didnt understand what they were voting on, and voted the wrong way" hang on a second, i knew what i was voting on....and i voted the way i wanted to. now my vote is thrown out for being wrong?!?!?! its a disgrace. germany and france then put pressure on "little old ireland" to go back and do the right thing, so the government are forced to bring another vote. because the government is scared of losing EU funding. and are now telling the public "we need the EU in this difficult time, dont go away from them, we need to be closer to the EU" well i think the exact opposite.....

imagine this, during a general election the person you vote for loses, why cant i just say, hang on, the vote didnt go my way, i want another vote until the person i want wins. its a disgrace.

im very scared that its going to be a yes vote this october, because the government are scaring the general public into thinking that by voting no again the EU will cut us off financially....

sorry for the long and rambling post, im not feeling the best (probably the flu coming on) im glad to see EU issues coming up on here though,no doubt it will be buried in the swine flu and 9/11 posts, but hopefuly our little problems over here can get an airing, especially if this north american pact happens, the EU and north america will be the same then!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Which goes right to the heart of this thread. Ireland has not voted in line with the EU elite so they are being given "a second chance" and it does not surprise me that the NO vote is less visability than the first time.

Remember similar things happened in France and The Netherlands.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Turtledub

Well said Turtledud and I have starred your post.

But can you expect anything else from your Government? Ireland has benefitted from EU investment in the past and the price your ruling elite is expected to pay in return for getting rich off the inward EU investment is to hand Ireland over to EU.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This thread deserves to be one of the busiest on the forum. Flag and star, people. We need all the European posters to contribute and we need our Us brothers to take note of what is going on here too.

[edit on 22/8/09 by Yossarian]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am not opposed to some form of cohesion within Europe, but the way the European Union goes about it i dislike.

I usually hear about a law after it's been passed. We don't even get a say.

To me what beggers belief is that the good people of Ireland voted no the Lisbon treaty. Great! All well and good, democracy in action. Oh no....hang on a minute, they have to vote on the treaty again! Now i am confused! They voted no didn't they? Isn't it supposed to be a democracy? How can E.U have the audacity to do this!

Hopefully the Irish will vote no again and tell them where to shove their treaty.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I spend a lot of time in Ireland on business and the talk is they will vote Yes but the turnout will be low and this will play into the hands of the Yes camp.

I agree that we have seen democracy in action but in the EU, democracy in action is only a good thing when it delivers what the EU ruling elite want and in this case, Ireland's ruling elite did not deliver Ireland, so they are expected to vote again.

And if the second vote is No, you can guess they will be expected to vote again or there will be a change made to the Irish constitution so the people's decision is not needed.

Just like most of the EU.

Sad but truth

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Well if the E.U do end up pulling a stunt like that, they forfeit any right to call themselves a "democracy" in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Props OP and thanks for the video links. I agree that the subject of the EU all-too-often goes under the ATS radar. It's something that even non-Europeans should be concerned about as it is essentially THE FOURTH REICH!

I made a thread a while back about how the EU is illegal by UK law. A few factual mistakes (e.g. the Bill of Rights states no foreign person shall assert spiritual matters in the UK, not political ones) but overall some good, lengthy discussion.

Also, check out: www.eutruth.org.uk

At least Ireland were given a vote. Countries like the UK were promised a referendum and not even given that. We do not live in a democracy. And to those who say the EU will be ok if it leaves some sovereignty in the hands of nations, the EU intends to take full control, destroying European countries and making them little more than states of a superstate. The EU is one HUGE step towards the New World Order and must be stopped.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am Canadian. I don't understand much about the E.U. except that it looks like one HUGE ## bureaucracy. I can't see where the average citizen has any input to what gets decided or done.

Is there some setup for input by the ordinary person??

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
from a california, USA view, it appears you people in europe have to worry more about the growing muslim populations in your countries. when a particular orthodoxy tends to worship at the "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" alter of social living, which is completely different from the way most europeans live now, the "threat of a unified europe" seems to take a back seat...

Why would we worry about the growing number of muslims? Because of 9/11? So now all terrorists are muslims? I think the logic is nonexistent.

But yes, the EU is growing increasingly powerful and at least in my country, ordinary people feel they have no control over whats happening anymore. They could easily vote some very oppressive laws through and we wouldnt find out until much later when its too late.

But its the same in the US isnt it? I constantly see your congress vote trough the most dangerous laws. United Kingdom seems even worse.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What i am seeing and this is just my observation is this. Everyone is saying My country and Your country. When did we stop being HUMAN BEINGS? This is OUR WORLD! When did we stop thinking about each other as HUMAN BEINGS and start thinking about each other as sub-species? Do we not all breath air? Do we not all need sleep,food,love and hope? How can we change anything if we continue to look at each other as Americans,Europeans,Africans,Asians,Hawians ect.ect.ect.?? We are HUMANS!!! And as humans we can see that EVERY country is being or is in the process of being controled by a governing body that is made up of only 125 people! I have read alot on alot of diffrent sites that the world is watching America to see what we do about this opression. Why? Are you going to be willing to do the same in your country if "we the American people" are willing to stand up for what we belive in to be right? Are you going to make the choice in your country to open your fellow HUMANS eyes to the fact that we are under the control of power hungry madmen?
In my opinion we as HUMAN BEINGS have to make a stand WORLDWIDE against opression,War without cause, and laws that are for the few not the many! Then and only then can we as HUMAN BEINGS really evolve to the next step. They have been controling OUR world for to long pitting one country against another to suck up our natural resourses and keep us from becoming the HUMAN BEINGS that we are ment to be. So if your looking for a change and someone to stand up against tyranny look IN THE MIRROR!
"Given the pattern of governments to parlay egregious failures into Mega-failures, the classic trend they follow, when all else fails, is to take their nation to war".
And just as World War 2 inured us to the economic ravages wrought by our thieving elites, so World War 3 will provide plenty of cover for a virtual takeover of all industry by the government and the demonization of all political opposition as "TERRORIST".

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn 09

When I was younger, like 10-12, I remember thinking exactly like that. And I was right. Thats the natural way of looking at ourselfs before we get indoctrinated with the "team" spirit. Then it becomes about us vs you. You vs us. Sports and politics are probably the greatest reason why we think in those terms. We see the pattern everywhere and soon we dont even think about it anymore. It starts even before school, continues through school and throughout life.

But I still think the healthy way of looking at us is as one people. Because we are.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
what we are moving towards is the complete borderless "country" of Europe.

1 currency: Check!

Free trade between members: Check!

Free Travel for member states citizens between member states: Check!

A centralised government: Nealry there!

A single European Army : Nearly there too!

both the above are dependant on the lisbon treaty being passed.

a poster above said that Ireland has had a hell of alot of investment from the EU, correct, alot of our new roads etc are 80% funded by the EU. but does that mean we should be made feel guilty? feel forced into passing an unjust treaty just cause we were given a helping hand by the EU? one of the core values of the EU is the larger richer nations help the smaller less well off ones.....

as the EU grows i see it as a test run....a 50 year experiment to see how easily countries will imerse themselves in a union where decisions are made by few, for many.....

in another 40, or 20 years i expect an asian union, a russian union(although granted that didnt go all that well the first time around, but look at russia invading georgia,working towards that goal again) and an american union....

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Well i would answer that question with a no. Seems to me we have no say. The E.U just seems to pass laws and we have to deal with it. They might get a passing mention, but that seems about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The problem is its already too late for Britain. All the british industries have been destroyed and sold to europe, also Gordan Brown sold all of britains gold reserves to France for Euros. Britain has to obide by the european regulations, Britain is already in the european union the only thing britain isnt apart of is the euro but i bet that will change as a result of the recession. Its too late folks! The elites have snatched britain right under our very noses. Just goes to show how asleep and dumbed down the people are.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing wrong with people deciding to unite together for the common good, to pool their resources and to coordinate their efforts so that progress is assured and energy is not wasted.

Doing so even on a global scale would be a good thing. Yes, we are all people the same the world over regardless of language, customs, culture or religion.

But it is not OK without assurances that the little guy doesn't get lost in the process. Local concerns must not get lost. Family concerns must not get lost. Individual concerns and minority concerns must not get lost.

What has been happening in Europe and everywhere else is a playing out of the old adage: "He who pays the piper calls the tune." The elite, the multi national corporations, the war industry, the banksters are all calling the shots.

While the money is being siphoned out of our pockets, it is these crooks who are doling it out to the politicians and bureaucrats.

We the people are the losers.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turtledub
a poster above said that Ireland has had a hell of alot of investment from the EU, correct, alot of our new roads etc are 80% funded by the EU.

A common misconception..

That money is loaned.. sometimes at interest.

For example, every country pays a certain amount of its GDP to the EU, the EU then divides that between dozens of various funds, grants etc etc and shares them out.

Just because the signs say "Funded in part by the EU" doesn't mean it was donated by the EU. It was partly our money in the first place and we would have paid countless times that amount to the EU that year already.

Those little flags actually fall under the category of pro EU propaganda

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is only to late if you belive in your heart thats its to late. If you look at the FACTS they show that 6 BILLION+ people are not in government and i would wager that 4 billion of us belive that what is happening to us is morally wrong and if just half of us would say enough is enough then we CAN and WILL make a change. I read today that "We the American people" are planning a strike. To not buy anything or pay for anything for just one day to show that if we as a WHOLE stand up for what we belive in we can make change happen. "They" only have power as long as we allow them to have the power by buying into their mindgames. The fact is if it was not for "US" the low men and women on the totempole they would have NOTHING and would actually have to doing somthing for themselfs instead of having someone else do it for them.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Even if the Europian Union is apparently a NWO, is it really a bad thing? Im not really into Politics, but still i know that we get extra trade from new countrys that have joined. The Euro has recently.. Well.. Almost caught up with the pound. I wouldnd be supprised if the UK started using it indefinately if it excedes the value of the pound. And an Army of Europe? We all ready have the United Nations. I dont think a 'Europa Army' would be benificial since most Europian countrys cooperate successfully anyway...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ah I read a news article a while back that said the US satellites would be broken by 2013 and replaced by the EU’s new system… This EU Galileo has a PPP (Public and Private Partnership) aspect. Well the new US DHCS (dept. of homeland cyber-security) intranet system has a PPPoE (Public and Private Partnership of the Ethernet) network or the DOHC.

Let just call it ‘good ole whiteboys tryin to run the world’. I'm voting for Germany as playing the headland from the banking perspective, for Israel gearing up to be the heart as they are about finished with the accoutrements for the new temple, and the US is still the guts and glory of the military arm as our minority/poor populations will be >50% by 2060... Heck were even training retired 5 star generals to be superintendents of Urban public schools over here in the ole USA. Go boys go.

www.insidegnss.com...
www.templeinstitute.org...

[edit on 22-8-2009 by DChenO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join