It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music artist's trying to wake people up :)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"A lot of those guys specifically avoid being signed to major labels, as they will not compromise on their message."

Why is it that we have allowed the major labels to control the message? A lot of the older bands posted here started out as Indys and when they signed with the majors, they chickened out and watered down their lyrics. Is fame, money and power really that important to these people? If so, then they are no better than the people they once criticized in their songs.

A band like U2 said for years and years that they would never sell their music to an advertiser and now you have them selling iPods and Blackberrys. The funny thing is they did this recently, when they do not need the money as much as they did when starting out.

These artists should be criticized for failing us, just like the media has failed us. If they organized and banded together and stood up to the corporate scum who run the majors, maybe things would have been different. Too late now. It was more important for these artists to write a crappy pop song so they could get commercial radio play, instead of staying true to their convictions, if they had any to begin with.

Also, something needs to be said about corporate radio. When you have a despicable company like ClearChannel (owned by Bush's buddy) buying up every radio station in sight and polluting the airwaves with redundantly mindless bubble gum music, what do you expect to happen? They play the same idiotic twenty songs on all of their crappy 400 stations. Where is the enforcement of the anti-trust laws when you really need them to be enforced?

The bottom line is that many of these artists did have a chance to influence people's thinking, however, they caved in and ended up selling their souls for the big houses and the big cars. Good for them. I just don't want to hear them shoving their special causes and big ideas down our throats because whatever credibility they may have had in the past went out the door when they signed on the dotted line and started censoring and altering their product to suit their big bosses and the zombi masses.

Goodnight and sweet dreams music industry - it was nice knowing you. The following song says it much better than it can ever be written.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Getting back to the title of the thread, 99.9% of today's artists who receive significant exposure have absolutely no interest in waking up anybody. They're too busy being capitalist pigs, since they have ingrained themselves deep into the establishment. Nothing wrong with capitalism, however, it does have a way of bringing out the ugly side of a person.

Have you ever asked yourself why not one single major artist has bothered to write a controversial song about 911? They live through one of the most transformative events of our generation and they either ignore it totally or parrot the "official" story. Anybody can do a cheesy tribute to the victims. That's all fine and dandy, but the masses need something a little more substantial. Talk about shirking your responsibility as an artist to society.

Or how about this Live 8 nonsense of a few years ago? They throw a concert for the starving Africans and then announce that because of the concert, millions of Africans lives will be saved. What a bunch of self-serving rubbish. That concert ended up turning into a popularity contest. The only reason most of those artists agreed to play was because of the potential of increased album sales.

As for the lesser know Indy artists, they are to be commended for what they are trying to do. Unfortunately, they are not even creating a ripple. And even if they do gain some popularity down the road, they too will join the corporate mainstream and start rolling out useless three minute radio junk.

So the bottom line is there is nothing in it for these artists to wake up the masses. In fact, it would be counterproductive to their precious careers and the corporate agenda of their masters, whom they serve so loyally.

Bob Dylan sang it better than it can be said...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I really like this Blinded by Faith song.

Under An Occult Sun

"Nations are our enemy
Everyone's chained up for a prosperous economy
With our knowledge let us build a magic place
To teach people how they must think
Of useless needs the sheep will abuse
For the New World Order we'll sow disorder
Brothers, the plan is in place and betrayers will be erased"

Illuminatis... sorcerer-pedophiles
Managers of wars and true holders of Power
They are hidden dictators inducting fear into our spheres
Brainwashing people with deadening tasks and trickeries

So many countries in the claws of Jewish bankers
Do you really know who prints your money
The great architects, Free-masons of the highest degree
Rothschild, Rockefeller and the disgusting company

From the Hollywood hills, secret hives and via satellites
A spell has been thrown on us
We are under an occult sun

Mass Medias around the world
Teach children plastic values
Carefully reminding how far life goes dramatic
Should I trust this masquerade like an idiot?
World wide news is the case of a press agency
Where nobody's allowed to add a touch of honesty
I now see through your lies
I'm shielded to face the treachery

Illuminatis... sorcerer-pedophiles
Starvation creators and terrorist employers
Behind the scene they decide who shall govern
Trapping people within their mind for their security

Obelisk, pyramid and strange symbolism
Proofs of their power stand everywhere
The eternal flame is still burning,
Is there someone knowing why?
The mighty of these days are still the same than yesterday
Enslaved as our ancestors, we pay for decay

[edit on 23-8-2009 by IC 1101]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
its gotta be the manic street preachers, the lyrics are just so damn spot on, listen and enjoy but most of all learn

Manic Street Preachers If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next, Track 2 off the album This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours.

The future teaches you to be alone
The present to be afraid and cold
So if I can shoot rabbits
Then I can shoot fascists

Bullets for your brain today
But we'll forget it all again
Monuments put from pen to paper
Turns me into a gutless wonder

And if you tolerate this
Then your children will be next
And if you tolerate this
Will be next
Will be next
Will be next

Gravity keeps my head down
Or is it maybe shame
At being so young and being so vain

Holes in your head today
But I'm a pacifist
I've walked La Ramblas
But not with real intent

And if you tolerate this
And if you tolerate this
Will be next
Will be next
Will be next
Will be next

And on the street tonight an old man plays
With newspaper cuttings of his glory days

And if you tolerate this
And if you tolerate this
Will be next
Will be next
Will be next.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by THELONIO]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Tool is the best band for these scenarios.

Or you could look up...

Immortal Technique
The DOC
Public Enemy
Pantera
Slipknot
A Perfect Circle
The Dead Kennedy's
Pink Floyd
The Doors
LedZeppelin
The Beatles
The Grateful Dead
John Lennon

Most music artists (who are real and not commercially processed) have something in common with the general theme of awareness.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Im not too good at linking so if someone has time and could link these couple songs I think you all will enjoy. First one is by Leonard Cohen called "Everybody Knows". great singer in the style of Bob Dylan and Lou Reed. hes known for 2 songs in Natural Born killers soundtrack and 1 song in the Watchmen soundtrack. all relevant songs also, but you need some esoteric understanding (ie. Mystery Schooling). Theres a whole slew of music out now that is about rebellion and waking up to the NWO but I prefer to look back. John Lennon: Mind Games, Jonny Cash: God's gonna cut u down.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I gotta mention my favorite artist, Dave Matthews. Songs like "Everybody wake Up" and "Die Trying" are great examples of an honest artist who senses that things are not right, and wants to use his medium to spread the word.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This song has had increasing meaning to me over the years because of what's been going on in the world.

Do you see what I see?
Truth is an offense
You silence for your confidence

Do you hear what I hear?
Doors are slamming shut
Limit your imagination, keep you where they must

Do you feel what I feel?
Bittering distress
Who decides what you express?

Do you take what I take?
Endurance is the word
Moving back instead of forward, seems to me absurd.

Doesn't matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If it's done just how I say

Independence limited
Freedom of choice is made for you, my friend
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception

Do you fear what I fear?
Living properly
Truth to you are lies to me

Do you choose what I choose?
More alternatives
Energy derives from both the plus and negatives

Do you need what I need?
Boundaries overthrown
Look inside, to each his own

Do you trust what I trust?
Me, myself and I
Penetrate the smokescreen
I see through the selfish lie

Or into it what you read

Independence limited
Freedom with their exception

Do you know what I know?
Your money and your wealth
Your silence just to hear yourself

Do you want what I want?
Desire not a thing
I hunger after independence lengthen freedom's ring

Or into it what you read

Independence limited
Freedom no longer frees you

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I feel urged to mention the only independent Guy Fawkes mask wearing rapper on the Internet, Kabuto the Python aka KTP The Knights Templar Priest.

Also, Looptroop's Fort Europa describes the rising anti-immigrant and fascist sentiments of Europe pretty well.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Well, I partially agree with you.
Its not enough to simply dislike something.
We gotta know what we like.

But here you are complaining about complaining.
If you think they should give the solution why don't you just give the solution?
Your doing the exact thing that you say you don't like.
Pretty ironic, isn't?

A few things you might want to consider.

Lets take a look at a fun cool song like say Motley Crue’s ‘Shout at the Devil’

It’s rebellious it’s in your face, it’s spirited, and catchy in a Satanic metal type of way but it leaves
a few important things out of the mix:

Like what are we shouting at the Devil and why?

Does this hurt the Devil’s feelings? Is the Devil a secret closet submissive that will listen to you
if you shout at him?

If he does listen to you when you shout at him what can you expect him to do for you?

Great song, but hardly a road map to a corner office with a key to the executive washroom.

It does though tend to wind you up and make you rebellious which is probably why you will blow that promotion
to the corner office and the key to the executive washroom.

Now I know what you are saying, not everyone wants a corner office and a key to the executive washroom so this is
no major loss for those that don’t.

Yet ultimately we all must have a code we live by that matters to us that give us a sense of identity and mission in life.

Songs are intentionally vague for two purposes, one is commercially it’s better to let people fill in some blanks on their own.

You could be shouting at the Devil to hop in the car because you are on your way to pick up chics and you think having old Nick along for the ride might give you an edge.

Or you might be shouting at the Devil to stay away from you because you don’t want him to screw up things with your girl.

The song in essence commercially becomes about what you want it to be about based on your own code and what you would shout at the Devil and why, and this gives it far more commercial appeal than if it painted a more vivid
picture for you but not one to your liking.

Yet at the same time the song has wound you up and left you completely rudderless but supercharged with emotion
and emotional decisions aren’t typically as well thought out or effectual as ones based in stone cold calculating logic, which is why my song would be let’s have a ‘Business lunch with the Devil’, which kind of sounds boring and because of that won’t have much emotional and commercial appeal.

Words though are only part of what gives a song appeal and makes it usable as a tool. The pitch, the vibrations of the note, the tempo, rhythm and volume all our powerful vibration elements that effect the central nervous system and tell a story all on their own, a very compelling one, that people who aren’t musicians or understand the power of vibration on humans would never really understand much about.

Beethoven in parlor performances as a soloist on the piano or with a quartet of strings accompanying him was able to reduce some of Europe’s most Noble blooded and battle hardened warlords to crying and babbling children simply through the phrasing of his chord structures and the tempos and pitches without putting one word to his music.

The vibration elements of music can effect emotions even more powerfully than words do.

Of course with no one to kill or apologize in the parlor with them, they would just cry like a bunch of babbling idiots trying to shield their embarrassment at being human while heaping praise and affection on the artist for his mastery.

The Powers that Be love Music in the 1960’s the British Invasion really was a British Invasion and created a 5th column counter culture army that could be commanded through it’s musical generals and used to blackmail the administration to keep them in line with the London oligarchs.

The Satanic themed Heavy Metal of the eighties coupled with the mindless pop created a generation of lawless and aimless recreants rebelling against authority but individually to self destructive end to help fill the Prison Industrial Complex with workers, and the pop culture created a more docile community of emasculated men beholden to an increasingly more dominant and controlling authoritative woman groomed by verse and melody to teach her how to do this.

Rap Music and Hip Hop helps to make UniCore Prison Industries a huge cash cow for it’s stockholders as it leads to the mind set for an entire generation of youth that there just aren’t enough jobs at Walmart for.

The Powers that Be love music! They are the illuminists that light up the screens and dials and infect your mind with the messages that their money and control of the infrastructure and distribution networks, media outlets and retail outlets brings to you.

As far as my code and how I conduct my life, that is neither here nor there, I have a code a very rigid one, and goals and they aren’t for everyone, especially they timid or those who like playing it safe in life.

The point is my friend is winding someone up without clear directions and goals just leads essentially to counterproductive burnout and that’s why the Powers that Be love to bring you such music.

By the way amongst many other things I am a heavy metal rock drummer, and have been writing, playing and performing music for 37 years now.

I know a little bit about the subject

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
sick since waking up the world SICK SINCE & ATMA - The Brotherhood of Death

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
more music on nwo illuminati aliens ect

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
anyone want any sick since msg me he lets it out free ill tell where to look

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link