It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA's Declassified UFO File - 'Official' Hypothesis of NSA and evidence towards US Cover-up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just recently stumbled upon this document “UFO Hypothesis and Survival Questions” as noted on the National Security Agency declassified documents webpage which can be located here. Been reading over it and have made some pretty startling discoveries… don’t know if this has been talked about but if not… here we go..

UFO'S are Hoaxes?

UFO's are Hallucinations

UFO's are Natural Phenomena

UFO's Related to Extra-terrestrial Intelligence

In my opinion, this pretty much says it all... The best assumptiong for UFO's seems to be the extraterrestiral one in all of my research, and this document provides blatent proof. Also, great agruments as to why our government would go to such extents to hide such technology...

‘If “they” discover you, it is an old but hardly invaded rule of thumb, “they” are your technological superiors. Human history has shown us time and again the tragic results of confrontation between a technologically superior civilization and a technologically inferior people. The “inferior” is usually subject to physical conquest'

Are they affraid an advanced extraterrestrial civilization would do upon as as we have done to humans throughout history? I think that seems to be a viable explaination as to why a "cover-up" has occured.... and is this how they plan on handleing the situation...? The past decade has told us a lot about the secracy of the US government and its 'cover-up's of ET technology. And because of this I don't assume it to be a far jump at all to beleve such a conclusion.

Decide for yourself and read the rest of the article

[edit on 22-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Hi there!
Interesting, but it does appear that half of your documents are missing from the photos.
The main thing that caught my eye, was that : UFO's are hallucinations????!!!!WHAT.
I have seen some strange things during my life, but for some govt. body to explain them as hallucinations, I think I know when I am imagining something.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

There pictures fixed.... there are many hypothesis' that the NSA tested thoughout this declassified 'secret' document. Hallucinations are just one answer to the phenomenun and IF hullicanations are occuring the NSA summarizes that they surely can't be the cause to every UFO testimony.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Interesting read, whoever wrote it was carefully considering all implications of all plausible explanations of the UFO phenomenon, without pushing their own agenda for a particular scenario.

Fascinating stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thanks for that. Not only does it make for a better outcome of your thread, but now I can get a better grasp without making assumptions as to what the missing words are

Good reading and interesting

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
UFOs CANNOT be dismissed as some single phenomenon.
Many of them are birds ballons, stars, planets and so on, depending on the case. The guy able to explain ALL ufo sightings has to born yet, trust me.
For example, do you know LTPA?

AB = Aurora Boreali
AE = Atmospheric electricity
BL = Ball lightning
BR = Brontides
EF = Electrophonics
EL = Earth lights
ELR = Enhanced luminosity of rocks
EQL = Earthquake lights
GP = Gorgons phenomena
HP = Hessdalen phenomena
IF = Ignes fatui
IL = Ignes lambentes
LLP = Long-lived plasmas
MPL = Mountain peaks luminosity
NLC = Noctilucent clouds
SEF = Saint Elmo's fires
SL = Speleolights
SOL = Sonoluminescence
SP = Seismic precursors
TLE = Transient Luminous Events
TLP = Transient Lunar Phenomena
TST = Tectonic strain theory
UP = Unconventional plasmas

The MAJORITY of these phenomena have more chances to be mistaken for UFOs than sprites, for example LLP, EL, HP, BL.
Here are some examples i've gathered recently:

Sprites,

Red Sprites,

Blue jets,

Giant jets,

Elves,

Ball Lightnings,

Atmospheric electricity,

Earth lights,

Earthquake lights,

Hessdalen Phenomena (animation)

Ignes fatui, (artist rendition)

Plasma,

Mountain peaks luminosity,

Noctilucent clouds,

St. Elmo's fires,

Transient Lunar Phenomena,

To claim that something is UNEXPLAINABLE needs some knowledge:
first, learn what is explainable, don't start with the conspiracy theories, you would get to nowhere.
Not everyone is entitled to call something UFO: UFOs do exist, it's a phenomen acknowledged by everyone, including US military and NASA, but i can tell you that it's acknowlegded worldwide: what is NOT acknowledged, is the hypotetical relationship between UFOS and ALIENS. Now that IS another matter. We don't have any PROOF that aliens are visiting us, but IF someone is able to prove me wrong, then i'd would be the happiest person in the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Perhaps you should read the COMETA report by the French and their disclosed UFO Files... I will find the links for you for some evidence, but in the meantime...

They hypothesised a small percentage of UFO reports are infact unidentifiable and defy common science and that the best possible hypothesis for the explaination for the phenomenon was that of Extraterrestrial origin.

** and I am cerntainly not saying some of these instances can't happen. However, just as much proof and evidence have supported this hypothesis as well....

French studies include GEPAN/SEPRA/GEIPAN (1977–), within the French space agency CNES, the longest ongoing government-sponsored investigation. About 14% of some 6000 cases studied remained unexplained. The official opinion of GEPAN/SEPRA/GEIPAN has been neutral or negative, but the three heads of the studies have gone on record in stating that UFOs were real physical flying machines beyond our knowledge or that the best explanation for the most inexplicable cases was an extraterrestrial one.

The French COMETA panel (1996–1999) was a private study undertaken mostly by aerospace scientists and engineers affiliated with CNES and high-level French Air Force military intelligence analysts, with ultimate distribution of their study intended for high government officials. The COMETA panel likewise concluded the best explanation for the inexplicable cases was the extraterrestrial hypothesis and went further in accusing the United States government of a massive cover-up

SOURCE
Cometa Report, Part 1
Cometa Report, Part 2
Cometa Report, Summary

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Great thread Mate . Just have to add, the often sightings that we see are all our own craft meaning military.most sighting if you take notice happen in a 500 km radius of a air force base the most sightings here in Australia happen within this radius .
The UFO groups if you notice are always close to some sort of government facility.

I Have witnessed myself many of craft and have seen the triangular ship that has been the norm lately seen be many.I have seen it close in transit passing quitely over were I live.
and that was just a bonus.
my lips are sealed.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I agree that a certain percentage are definately military aircraft and possibly even reverse engineered craft that we have made.

There seem to be so many connections as of lately with the US government and a massive UFO cover-up. If one wants, with todays FOIA, they can potentially uncover the 'truth' if they are wiling to put forth the effort. Here is a great series if anybody has the time that contains further information as to why the goverment is hiding or has been hiding advanced extraterrestrial technology... The largest civilian collection of declassified UFO files...

History Denied: UFO Secrets of The US Government - Clifford Stone

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Have you read the whole report? In the section of halucinations NSA itself reports the following:

But in a considerable number of instances exist in where there are groups of people and radar or radars seeing the same thing at the same time; sometimes a person and a guncamera confirms eachother testimony. On occasion, physical evidence of circumstantial nature was reported to have been found to support witness sightings.

And here comes one of the best parts:

A continuing high percentage of reports of unusual aereal objects are being made by people in responsable positions in science, governament, and industry. The sum of such evidence seems to argue strongly agains all UFO's being hallucinations.

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary , if UFO's did turn out to be largely illusionary, the psychological implications for man would certainly bring into question his ability to distinguish between the reality from fantasy.

What NSA is saying isn't in the titles. READ THE DOCUMENT.

NSA is actually saying "we CAN'T explain everything. Natural phenomena, crazy and ignorant people and weather ballons don't explain everything".

This could be important.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
exactly, the article is fascinating.... definately must read the whole thing, but I see a lot of connections with things I have read on these forums and alternative news..

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Also remember this is (supposedly) written during the project bluebook era when the US government was a bit more forthcoming when it came to things like UFOs.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ancient history has shown us they have been here for a long time. The evidence at least points in that direction. The fact that we are still here tells me their intent is not to destroy us. Maybe the government should not be so paranoid. Maybe they should not always have a militaristic mind set. Maybe they should have a more friendly posture in this case? Plus, how do we not know that we might be their experiment. Maybe they are into create life and not destroy it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, agreed.

What this looks like to me is one of those documents elaborated to put you up to speed with the scenario, like a tutorial on the subject if you started working around this theories, or better, if you actually were being prepared to work around high-technology or something "out of this world".

And although many skeptics claim "oh, it's just a secret document, it doesn't mean anything", but I believe it's the other way around...

If this was so simple to explain, why keep it a secret?...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

Hi there!
Interesting, but it does appear that half of your documents are missing from the photos.
The main thing that caught my eye, was that : UFO's are hallucinations????!!!!WHAT.
I have seen some strange things during my life, but for some govt. body to explain them as hallucinations, I think I know when I am imagining something.

I think in the context of the report they meant mirages which is a good bit different.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Exactly, the government was not saying that people were blatently lying...

More so that the possibility of natural hallucinations and stuff of that nature being a very possible hypothesis for UFO's. However, this was later determined in the document, as stated above... "if occuring, cannot explain 100% of the phenomenen."

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know who wrote that and who wrote the handwritten comments.

And you left out 4.

4. SOME UFO's ARE SECRET EARTH PROJECTS

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Looks like if there was a name it was blacked out... Tried searching on the NSA's site and google and didn't come up with any sources. Also, noticed that this looks like it was from 1968... If so, it has been a very long time, imagine what we know now... or are even capable of....

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The Document proves the opposite of your idea that there is a "Government Cover-Up of UFOs". Instead it indicates that the Government is just as clueless and curious as we are...at least those who wrote this.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Have you read the whole report? In the section of halucinations NSA itself reports the following:

But in a considerable number of instances exist in where there are groups of people and radar or radars seeing the same thing at the same time; sometimes a person and a guncamera confirms eachother testimony. On occasion, physical evidence of circumstantial nature was reported to have been found to support witness sightings.

The report says that temperature inversions can cause radar images. And temperature inversions can cause us to see mirages, or reflections of objects from the ground which appear in the sky.

So it seems pretty obvious to me that you can have a witness sighting, photographic image, AND radar confirmation of something in the sky, when in fact NOTHING is in the sky, this seems incredible to some people but it's true. So rather than being confirmation it's a real UFO, you are simply looking at different manifestations of the same phenomenon.

As fls13 pointed out, this is not a hallucination, this is a mirage...there is a big difference as cameras can record mirages, but not hallucinations.

This document is interesting, but I find the writing style very odd. The headings are a list of possible explanations of what UFOs could be. So one might think that UFO sightings could be a mix of the heading categories. But instead of acknowledging this possibility, each heading starts with
"All UFOs are..."

That tells me something about the limits of the authors thinking process and ability to communicate that is not too favorable.

The OP reads way more into this than I do. This is simply a list of possible explanations. If you say this proves UFOs are extraterrestrial then you could also say it proves they are Russian made:

Under the Natural Phenomenon section (I would have expected it under the secret earth projects section):

Many responsible military officers have developed a "blind spot" to objects which appear to have the characterizations of UFOs. Such an attitude is an open invitation to the enemy to build a replica of the phenomena in order to penetrate the adversaries' defenses.

So this document proves UFOs are really foreign (Russian?) craft built to look like alien spaceships so that the military will ignore them, right??? No it doesn't prove that anymore than it proves that ETs pilot them.

But they do make the same point as Stephen Hawking about what happens when a more advanced race meets a less advanced race, the less advanced people tend to be assimilated. Since the aliens must be more advanced:

You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile LOL! (-Borg, from Star Trek

Just kidding, you won't be assimilated until possibly when the ETs really DO arrive. I haven't seen any evidence of them yet, nor does this report provide any evidence of them.

@internos, thanks for the great picture show!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join