It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences with Staring Directly into the Eyes of Another

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
These trippy experiences have happened very recently in my life, and I am still trying to understand it. It is absolutely amazing and I am very intruiged and interested in trying to understand what I experienced.

Okay, well to start off, I have always been fascinated with eyes and eye contact. Sometimes I find it hard to stare someone in their eyes because they are sending off very strong energy. Also, a lot of people tell me I have very intense eyes too. Sometimes when I stare at my eyes in the mirror, I almost feel like I'm hynotizing myself. What I wrote above is prior to the mind blowing experiences that I shall be discussing.

So last weekend, my friends invited me to go camping at this gorgeous camping spot on the other side of the island I live on. It was a great night, and we spent the large majority of it in a cuddle puddle as we stargazed at a beautiful, crystal clear night sky. I met a couple new people, male and female, and we all really connected very well. At one point in the night, one of the guys started talking about eyes and he shared his experiences with looking at another person in the eyes. So first, he explained to me how the process worked. So you face each other in a dimly lighted area and take a couple minutes to mentally prepare. When you feel you are ready, you start staring into each other's eyes. What you try and do is line up your left eye with their right eye and your right eye with their left eye. So you are basically staring at the eye that is directly in front of you.

So he explained the process to me and he started to share his experiences. He said he had tried it with his friend and he said he saw his friend's face morph into other people, animals, and even an otherworldy being. After he told me this, he asked me if I would like to try it. At first I was pretty skeptical, but I decided to go along with it. The following is my first experience with this eye technique: So we looked into each other's eyes; at least we tried. It takes some practice to be able to stare directly into both their eyes independently with your two seperate eyes, but you will be able to feel the "click" when they are perfectly aligned. This is where it got really intense. As our eyes were perfectly in synch, I saw his face change. All of a sudden, I found myself looking into the eyes of a jaguar. My jaw dropped and I lost focus. My mind was blown. I seriously clearly saw jaguar eyes, with fur on his entire face and also other feline features on his face. So after that event, I was instantly hooked on this whole eye contact thing.

When I got home from camping the next day, I sat in a parking lot for hours on end thinking about what I had experienced. At one point during this, I saw a huge odd looking ant cruising around my car. I had never seen an ant like this before, so I scooped it up and set it up right in front of me. It didn't budge, so I decided to try a little experiment. I started to stare into the eyes of this ant, and what do ya know, it's face morphs into a small humanoid face! I thought that was pretty cool.

When I later got home, I went online and looked up stuff pertaining to this eye subject. I found one site that I think you should check out:

www.crystalinks.com...

I learned from that article that you can also try this exercise with yourself in the mirror. So that is exactly what I did. Once my eyes clicked into place, the first morph i saw was an old man with a full on gray beard. The second one I saw was a very evil looking man with a crazy grin on his face, even though my mouth was closed at the time. This last morph shocked me for the rest of the night. I saw myself turn into a grey. This freaked me out so badly, I mean I saw my eyes change into those slit like opaque ovals and my skin turn gray and my face shift into a grey face. I ran to my room and layed in my bed, trying to regain my composure. (Continued on next post)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
(Continued from first post)
Just last night was my latest experience, and it was definitely my favorite and most memorable one. I went and visited a friend at his house and we played video games, listened to some music and other chill stuff like that. After a while, I decided I wanted to share with him my experiences with this eye contact thing. He told me he was really into doing that, and so I was stoked he already had some experience in it. So we set off on trying the exercise, and this is how it went: The first face I saw was that of a middle aged woman. I described to him in detail what she looked like and he was like "Oh my god I saw that same lady too!" I thought that was pretty dang cool. What I also noticed about this face was that it was as if he was wearing a mask of that woman over his face. The woman's face overlayed his face. It's hard to explain.

As we continued the session, I saw many other faces. Two of these included an african american man with corn rows, and a native american woman with a head dress, and the craziest part of this session was that we were both seeing some of the same faces! Not all of them, but a couple, and we would always see the middle aged woman first. One that I didn't see but he said he saw on my face was a bald man, which is strange because I have very long hair with bangs. I also saw the hair change too, like with the corn rows and head dress.

So yeah, those are my experiences. I was hoping some of you have similar stories, and I would love to hear them! I was also hoping you all can help me shed some light on what all of this means. Okay, thank you for reading!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

I did a ritual like this once: with dimmed light, inncense, meditated into my own occular space; with the goal of seeing my past incarnations.
The results were very interesting!

I did a thread on Occular Rays here on ATS a while back- but either, no-one gave a damn, it wasn't on swine flu; it just wasn't interesting or intriguing to hold the short attention span that is displayed on this forum (I think thats just a Human rudeness-thing)!!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What else were you guys doing out there camping? It sounds like you left out some details about what happened before you started this "experiment".

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
A couple more things to add:

Feel free to also give me any tips you may have on doing this eye exercise, and you can also ask for more information on any part of my experiences.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, I'd be lying if I said that looking into the mirror and seeing yourself morph clearly into an old man is impossible. Certainly on '___' it happens quite easily, so the ability for the mind to do that is there.

I feel a weird attraction to eyes as well, my own and other peoples. When I look at my own eyes through a mirror I get a weird feeling, hard to explain. Also, anybody notice how much the area around the pupil (I think it's called the iris?) can look like a fractal?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The eyes are the windows to the soul as the saying goes. The eye is one of the most complex evolutionary designs ever. The eyes I know lead directly to the brain, that is why hearing and seeing are the main tools of hypnotism and mind control. This is a very interesting topic.
It is the crux of all human interactions.Maybe that is why there are so many people with bad eyesight.

Was eyesight really that bad in the past before wide use of glasses and contacts? That is a question I pose.

The one thing that sticks out to me is your reference to transforming into other species. That has been a ancient Shamanic technique for thousands of years within many cultures and nature based societies. Most of which did not interact with each other and are stand alone.

I agree with the statment that about short attention spans.There are things way more interesting than the fearmongering swine flu epidemic.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bruiex

The one thing that sticks out to me is your reference to transforming into other species. That has been a ancient Shamanic technique for thousands of years within many cultures and nature based societies. Most of which did not interact with each other and are stand alone.

Shamanism is where the subject gets difficult, as then we are bordering on concepts such as shamanic trance and hallucinagenic ritual.
Many cultures have consumed hallucinagenic substances to achieve heightened visual 'disturbance'.
Physiologicallyspeaking; the brain does ly a little higher than the pupular regions.
The other interesting thing physiologically is the position of the Sella Turcica ( where the Pitruitary Gland )is situated directly above and behind the orbits.
The pituitary and Pineal Gland are fondly mentioned in many texts which refer to Psychic prowess etc.
Occular rays are associated with the concept of the Evil EYE (or Jettatura, mal occhio; Italian) for centuries.
DR.Walter Voeller(1893-1954)created a device that he claimed he coul measure neural-electrical discharges from the eye; he called this his Organoelectrometer.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You say your friend and you saw the same morphs...do you mean he saw the same faces you saw staring at yourself?? Or you both saw the same morphs as you stared at each other??
Are you still doing this at all?? If so what more have you seen??
When I was younger and looking in a mirror at myself I saw what I perceived then to be myself as a demon which scared me so badly I tossed all the occult books I'd been reading then (including the Nemonicron) !!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I've witnessed this my whole life. Just thought it was a figment of my imagination. But I can stare in the mirror at myself and see all kinds of different people and animals.

The only way I can describe it is like the "Black or White" song video by Michael Jackson. Seriously, it's just like that.. without the music of course. It can get pretty creepy sometimes.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I only read the first two paragraphs when I stared, flagged and rejoiced, lobbing an abundance of chocolate-chipped cookies to your honour.
This is really insanely interesting...
There's a saying by ...some antropologist that goes "if two people look each other in the eye longer than six seconds they either love or kill each other."
I'm going to try to do this on my own as your expirience however deranged or abitrary sounds to be a legid one so I'm taking your word on it.

//edit: I spent quite a while tonight just lying on the couch, busy biting my fingernails and pondering just about anything. After a while I looked at a shelf with a globe on it and so the whole room started to sway from left to right. Like, not very visual, but very subtle and gentle, like everything is in motion (when I keep my eyes fixated in one position so I might add that this might come from the constant undercurrent movement that eyes exhibit, however unconcious we are of it!) And that was really sweet because I was so tired anyways and really couldn't even finish my line of thought to arrive at the conclusion that I seriously had to take a nap ^^ But that does happen quite often, that things feel like being in a sway, sometimes lines even vibrate which again might simply come because of the undercurrent acivity of the eyeballs.
Well this has NOTHING to do with antropomorphosis, but then again this is about visual phenomenon and just a different expirience but with comparable qualities I guess.

[edit on 13/12/09 by thricearound]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Totally interesting stuff ......

On two occasions I have seen people "Shift" slightly and the first time I saw it , it frightened the crap out of me BIG TIME. Especially when you're stone cold sober and some ones face starts to change slightly.

I wonder if there is a scientific explanation for this? I mean staring at people eye's be it your own or some one else , it seems totally weird.

I think this is also an exercise that the scientologists do with new recruits as well , I cant find the youtube video but one woman was saying she saw people shift into reptilian beings whilst doing these exercises at the scientology center.

Does anyone have some more links or information on this type of stuff , I've googled it a bit and there is not that much on it.

Skyfreak.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
thank you for randomly getting one of my old threads back on track! I was really bummed when I made this thread, because then someone else made a really similar thread and ended up getting like a 150 replies! i was so bummed. I think it was called "looking people in the eyes OO." something to that effect.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

You're welcome and answer my questions please! See post above...
(That other thread sucked imo... lol )

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OK, i went to stare at the mirror on this thread and became three-eyed, no animals or anything, is this normal or abnormal ?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
SmokeyDawn, which of my other threads are you dissing exactly? wait, no i get it. You were dissing the other thread on staring people in the eyes! I know! that thread was by someone who didn't even have that cool of experiences! Sorry to diss that thread maker, but it could have been a lot better.

Alright to answer your questions Smokey Dawn:
There was this one particular 40ish year old woman, and we both saw her when we looked into each other's eyes. We explained her to each other, and we both saw all the same features! That was the most intense one I think. I wonder who this woman was?

-No, I have not done the eye contact thing recently. It is really taxing and intense and I have trouble doing it too often. But I have been raising my spiritual and mental awareness in other ways since this first happened. You could say this started me off into becoming more aware of things around me.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
to angelx666,

Yes, the 3 eyed thing has happened to me when I look in the mirror too. I think it looks funny more than mystical.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
For mirror-staring, I remember reading a written account of this (I can't check cause I no longer own the book but I'm pretty sure that it was Brion Gysin being interviewed and less sure it was the book called Here To Go ) which had similar things to what's already been posted here, plus, you see your ancestors, the hairy apish caveman progenitors, and, if you keep at it for a day or more (don't look away, keep looking at the mirror face, its eyes) a fog comes up, it fills the background of the mirror world room , it looks like dry ice smoke.
For eye-to-eye interpersonal staring, this is of course (so they say) one of the Scientology training exercises, the TRs. It's at about the 3:00 point in this here video, for example...enjoy.

Please note, any benefits from any individual Scientology exercise are severable from Scientology as a whole overall control structure...you know what I mean, yes?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
two quite different things pop out to me about this staring exercise.

boxers, UFC fighters, use this technique of eye-to-eye
to project a personna of invincibility, to elicit a form of fierceness...

but to the docile experimenter, the stare, is opening ones subconscious
to a type of free association

at least that's how i see it.
thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Even if the eye staring video is cool, for some reason, I just do not want to watch it. Anything dealing with Scientology feels like a huge joke, and it is definitely because of that one South Park episode for sure!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join