It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to take the LEAP?!?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This was a very interesting video set. I came to the same conclusion last week that "reality is just an illusion" after I watched the pilot to the show Virtuality that aired on Fox. Fox didn't pick up the show after the pilot which doesn't surprise me considering I think that the show was too smart for a lot of people and they wouldn't get it.

Here's a 10 minute clip showing some of the show, which I think portrays just what the Leap! video was talking about. I would definitely check out the whole pilot though to get the whole picture of the show and the potential that it holds.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Is anybody else experiencing the constant stopping, buffering and starting agiain of this video? I really 'hate' it when it does this. But this video reminds me alot of 'What the Bleep do we Know'. Where science is pretty much discovering the same thing about reallity and our ability to shape it. I also see this proping up in religious circles as well. They are calling it 'The Way' or something like that. Already cashing in on the idea I suppose. Great post. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

I believe this comes about in the 'next' edition.

Sure, this comes about in version 2.0.
But the steps involved aren't a patch you download at a set time. They are concurrent and integral - always.
What I'm saying is that unless you actually create 2.0, you won't realize it...

Eventually though, you will.
But I want it NOW, damnit!
I'm ready! I don't know about you, but racism is so damned boring and contrary to what I idealize as a "good life."

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Goodfellow

How about you gain some critical thinking skills instead of relying on pitifull assumptions of a divine gods plan and reincarnation to patch up the holes in religious ideals.

So if you were to be raped and killed we can all jst say that you were a rapist and a murderer in another life and deserved it..... YOU MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hate this ol' "Reality is an illusion" garbage bit.

If I shoot someone- like the OP, or someone shoots me; the person who is shot is likely going to die.

I don't believe I'll ever die, but I'm sure billions of people have felt as I do.
Where are they now?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Your quoteing bill hicks wrong...

He says its just a ride and then he dies of Balls cancer. Some great evidence of a CO-creator relationship.... you sure got me there. Im sure you will have rationalized it that he wanted to leave his loved ones behind and suffer a painfull slow death....

Maybe you havent had enough pain to undersatnd how ignorant it is to make such a statement as the OP.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Funny you should say that.
I have lost three people close to me in the last couple of weeks (jeeze, it almost seems as if the Biblical 'Devil' has been unleashed lately).

That isn't the point.
No matter who it is (my grandfather for instance) I can't feel sad at a memorial. It really upsets my father. I guess he just doesn't understand.

Sure, I think back on the times they shared with me, but I also realize that this is all just a game that we willingly partook.

Hey, my grandpa gets to see what is beyond!!!
I have to get over my pettiness and realize that someday I will also!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In the matter of death, you should HONOR THE PERSON DEAD, not YOUR EGO that asks - "why should *I* have to endure this"?

Sorry it hurts, but honestly, without these battles, we would be really bored.

Maybe I am just a sociopath, but I smile at funerals.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
not a very good video series. I took the time to review 3 of the series, and realize there is nothing substantive here. The continuing saga of 30-second snipets from a variety of people (whom I do not know their credentials), is completely useless for forming a opinion...or understanding whatever they are selling.

The whole thing was ridiculous in my humble opinion

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I made it nine minutes into the first video and promptly shut it off when "Dr Quantum" Fred Alan Wolf described the Higgs Boson incorrectly. I'm not going to commit 90 minutes of my life to a glorified self-help video if their "experts" blow it in the intro.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well yeah...nice newagey movie, old story. Knowing life is just an illusion every winter here in Michigan I drag up a chair on the deck, crankup 6 beers, ignore the freezing wind and make up an illusion for myself thinking I'm at Miami Beach sipping martinis, works every time until EMS hauls my sorry ass off for hypothermia.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand
I made it nine minutes into the first video and promptly shut it off when "Dr Quantum" Fred Alan Wolf described the Higgs Boson incorrectly. I'm not going to commit 90 minutes of my life to a glorified self-help video if their "experts" blow it in the intro.

I went thru the full 90 minutes waiting for some new revelation, that was 20 minutes ago and Im still waiting...lol

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think that the hardest and easiest thing for anyone to do is to stop identifying their "self" with the voice in their head.

Just by realizing that you are not thought, that there is actually a "silent observer" there, that has always been there but was simply identified with the voice in your head...is very liberating.

Then you actually feel yourself and witness the illusion.

By the way though:

I am a recovering jerk

That made me lol.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by dalan.]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thank you so much OP. Fantastic video. I have been on a long journey of suffering and have found peace. I found it 8 years ago after CBT and reading books, however i lost it. Just recently i found it again with the help of Eckhart Tolle, Alan Watts and Kristnamurti.
The message in your film is beautiful. Yet as Eckhart says if the ego is strong it will fight and run for it does not want to die.
Have you had enough suffering or would you like some more?
I believe that when you have had enough-you will be ready to die. Only then, the shackles (of who you think you are) will fall away and you will be free.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stevochivo

Yes, a very interesting quote!

There was a documentary I seem to recall on I forget what channel-- Discovery, History, etc.-- which mentioned that A. Einstein used to read alchemy books every night before bed. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he were familiar with Kabbalistic teachings.

Nevertheless, I think people who think deeply about the universe and our place in it have a predisposition to find these truths for themselves, naturally. Their sense of awe for what is around them has a humbling effect on their hearts. It's also why they are allowed to see the rather dangerous truths around which they develop their theories.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln - 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

That adage may be true, but how is this related in any way to the subject at hand?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"
-Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am really glad people are taking an interest in this.
It's great to see.

I assume this video hasn't shown up on this site before. I am kind of surprised at that.

And, I shall keep reminding people that they should watch the video and use that thing inside your head that you use to think with before asking too many questions.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by symbolon
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"
-Albert Einstein

Reality forever eludes us. Infinity mocks our puny efforts to imprison it in definition and dogma. Our most splendid realizations are only adumbrations of the Light. In his endeavours, man is but a mollusk seeking to encompass the ocean.

Yet man may not cease his struggle to find God. There is a yearning in his soul that will not let him rest, an urge that compels him to attempt the impossible, to attain the unattainable.
He lifts feeble hands to grasp the stars and despite a million years of failure and millenniums of disappointment, the soul of man springs heavenward with even greater avidity than when the race was young.

He pursues, even though the flying ideal eternally slips from his embrace. Even though he never clasps the goddess of his dreams, he refuses to believe that she is a phantom. To him she is the only reality. He reaches upward and will not be content until the sword of Orion is in his hands, and glorious Arcturus glearns from his breast.

Man is Parsifal searching for the Sacred Cup; Sir Launfal adventuring for the Holy Grail. Life is a divine adventure, a splendid quest...

Language falls. Words are mere cyphers, and who can read the riddle? These words we use, what are they but vain shadows of form and sense? We strive to clothe our highest thought with verbal trappings that our brother may see and understand; and when we would describe a saint he sees a demon; and when we would present a wise man he beholds a fool. "Fie upon you," he cries;
"thou, too, art a fool."

So wisdom drapes her truth with symbolism, and covers her insight with allegory. Creeds, rituals, poems are parables and symbols.
The ignorant take them literally and build for themselves prison houses of words and with bitter speech and bitterer taunt denounce those who will not join them in the dungeon. Before the rapt vision of the seer, dogma and ceremony, legend and trope dissolve and fade, and he sees behind the fact the truth, behind the symbol the Reality.

Through the shadow shines ever the Perfect Light.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join